ADVERTISEMENT

Sedrick Irvin Jr. Decommits

I’m not a BK lover by any stretch, but those saying he can’t recruit RB are full of shit. Greg Bryant, Dexter Williams, Tarean Folston, Josh Adams, Chris Tyree are just the ones that pop into my head. While I blame Kelly for why we can’t develop a QB, I have no issue with his RB’s. As of now, MF has landed 0 successful RB’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
I’m not a BK lover by any stretch, but those saying he can’t recruit RB are full of shit. Greg Bryant, Dexter Williams, Tarean Folston, Josh Adams, Chris Tyree are just the ones that pop into my head. While I blame Kelly for why we can’t develop a QB (I highly doubt that changes as BK is living on under Rees), I have no issue with his RB’s. As of now, MF has landed 0 successful RB’s. Our current depth is 100% due to the BK years. Quit being silly.
Who said he couldn't recruit RBs?

And BK didn't recruit them. His position coaches did. Alford recruited well. So did Taylor. When Denson was here, we didn't land top RBs

That would be pretty crazy if MF had recruited successful rbs here since this is his first year. Good argument

Limar is perhaps equally good. I can't imagine his decommitment is what the staff wanted. That seems like cognitive dissonance. It doesn't appear to me that Love is better than Irivin, but I haven't seen much of him to know. Love does have an impressive offer list.
Limar imo significantly better than Irvin

Did anyone on this board even look at the 2013 class? We’d be lucky to do that well. If Rees lands a Greg Bryant then we can talk. This isn’t impressive to me.

While I like what ND is doing. BK did it too early in his career. ND seems to gain a lot of steam early with new coaches.
2013? BK was already at ND 3 years. 😂

I thought that a bird in the hand was worth two in the bush !

I can see why you spend so much time on here - you must be a a real peach to be around IRL.
100% He has NOTHING going on in real life, that is why they become internet trolls. Think about the people in your life that are valued, would ANY of them behave like this, nope. This guy is a sad specimen.

100% He has NOTHING going on in real life, that is why they become internet trolls. Think about the people in your life that are valued, would ANY of them behave like this, nope. This guy is a sad specimen.
Yeah, well.... I told you, once the BK damn broke, I'm not going to hold back either. So I'm speaking from the heart, as an embittered BK supporter/ND fan...

But that's good logic on your part, and you can console yourself with that much. Nobody anywhere would ever behave this way in public, almost as a provable fact of human nature. And there are no circumstances that could ever produce such behavior, even social media, other than being a total, pathetic loser. And thus, as a total loser, you can write off everything I have to say.

And further you can continue to carry on as and like the trash that you are, and now with a newly clean conscience. Because you've been able to satisfy yourself that I'm a total pathetic loser. And that's the key metric. And you literally proceeded through your primitive logic chain to arrive at that reassuring conclusion that I'm a sad specimen and you got nothing to feel guilty about. Doesn't matter the substance of whatever I might say, you leave that alone. What you seize upon is the notion that surely anyone who would ever dare to speak in this way, with such complete, explicit, uninhibited contempt, has to be a pathetic lonely loser....

You probably count as one of the 'smart' ND fans. A lot of guys here are not quite as sophisticated as that. Or at least they get scared off when I use all these big words that I'm wont to do. But you keep your composure, and with a little back-up from one of your buddies to get your courage up, you're ready to slay the dragon.... which invariably amounts to nothing more than the typical accusations sneered upon some anonymous poster as being nothing on the socioeconomic scale, with no friends, no life, etc... But in your case you proved it!

I would admit to saying that my heart kind of broke with the BK lynching. And you guys specifically are the villains of the piece. You're the ones that lynched him. And the predictability with which you guys occasionally defend your endless, interminable stream of perennial drivel with the most definitively ad hominem snarling and hissing offers very little consolation....

Yeah, well.... I told you, once the BK damn broke, I'm not going to hold back either. So I'm speaking from the heart, as an embittered BK supporter/ND fan...

But that's good logic on your part, and you can console yourself with that much. Nobody anywhere would ever behave this way in public, almost as a provable fact of human nature. And there are no circumstances that could ever produce such behavior, even social media, other than being a total, pathetic loser. And thus, as a total loser, you can write off everything I have to say.

And further you can continue to carry on as and like the trash that you are, and now with a newly clean conscience. Because you've been able to satisfy yourself that I'm a total pathetic loser. And that's the key metric. And you literally proceeded through your primitive logic chain to arrive at that reassuring conclusion that I'm a sad specimen and you got nothing to feel guilty about. Doesn't matter the substance of whatever I might say, you leave that alone. What you seize upon is the notion that surely anyone who would ever dare to speak in this way, with such complete, explicit, uninhibited contempt, has to be a pathetic lonely loser....

You probably count as one of the 'smart' ND fans. A lot of guys here are not quite as sophisticated as that. Or at least they get scared off when I use all these big words that I'm wont to do. But you keep your composure, and with a little back-up from one of your buddies to get your courage up, you're ready to slay the dragon.... which invariably amounts to nothing more than the typical accusations sneered upon some anonymous poster as being nothing on the socioeconomic scale, with no friends, no life, etc... But in your case you proved it!

I would admit to saying that my heart kind of broke with the BK lynching. And you guys specifically are the villains of the piece. You're the ones that lynched him. And the predictability with which you guys occasionally defend your endless, interminable stream of perennial drivel with the most definitively ad hominem snarling and hissing offers very little consolation....
I would take exception to your characterization, your reference to a “BK lynching”

BK hung himself !

BK’s conducted himself horribly.

First he emphatically claimed that he was staying at ND.
Then, shortly thereafter he announces that he’s leaving ND.

The timing of his resignation left ND in a terrible position in terms of finding a new coach.

NO ONE LYNCHED BRIAN KELLY, HE HUNG HIMSELF !

Stop making excuses and blaming everyone else for Brian Kelly’s conduct !

I would take exception to your characterization, your reference to a “BK lynching”

BK hung himself !

BK’s conducted himself horribly.

First he emphatically claimed that he was staying at ND.
Then, shortly thereafter he announces that he’s leaving ND.

The timing of his resignation left ND in a terrible position in terms of finding a new coach.

NO ONE LYNCHED BRIAN KELLY, HE HUNG HIMSELF !

Stop making excuses and blaming everyone else for Brian Kelly’s conduct !
No he didn't. He was completely smooth and couth all the way through. That's a false characterization. And embarrassingly self-serving as well....

You were part of that lynch mob, and you have to face that yourself. You had no justification for it, and BK left open no sliver of opportunity for you to participate in the lynching, and keep your moral reputation intact. Most of these dudes don't bother too much with self-justification. Because it's ridiculous, considering how over the top awful so many have fans have been, contrasted with the truly sterling character of BK's record at ND, certainly these last five years of greatness, which is a LONG stretch of time, and was the same window of time when the haters really started to burgeon and come on. And they were at their most bizarrely toxic the more we won and the more sustained our success became.....

BK's only real condemnable action, during his departure, if you're determined to pin something on him, and have it contain some degree, some amount of actual fault or culpability with which to hurl upon him.... it's that he took the LSU job, and accepted it, with ND absolutely still alive and in contention for a playoff berth. And if you wanted to single him out for that, you could label that as a betrayal. But nobody ever does! Presumably, that would imply a general sort of traditionally honorable general sentiment on the part of these trash haters which none of them possess at all. But more than that, they already hated him anyway and wanted him to be fired! Or at least wanted him to be burned at the stake, and so they leapt at that chance....

So if you want to nail him on that, go for it. But nobody else does....

But you are seeing more and more from these lynch-mobbers, random throwaway admissions to how awesome BK was, and all the good he did for the program, etc. Though curiously without any hint of apology in their tone. Acknowledgement, yes, but not even a hair of a notion of contrition..... From these pure trash fans, towards ND's all-time winningest coach, and sure-thing 1st ballot CFB HOFer....

No he didn't. He was completely smooth and couth all the way through. That's a false characterization. And embarrassingly self-serving as well....

You were part of that lynch mob, and you have to face that yourself. You had no justification for it, and BK left open no sliver of opportunity for you to participate in the lynching, and keep your moral reputation intact. Most of these dudes don't bother too much with self-justification. Because it's ridiculous, considering how over the top awful so many have fans have been, contrasted with the truly sterling character of BK's record at ND, certainly these last five years of greatness, which is a LONG stretch of time, and was the same window of time when the haters really started to burgeon and come on. And they were at their most bizarrely toxic the more we won and the more sustained our success became.....

BK's only real condemnable action, during his departure, if you're determined to pin something on him, and have it contain some degree, some amount of actual fault or culpability with which to hurl upon him.... it's that he took the LSU job, and accepted it, with ND absolutely still alive and in contention for a playoff berth. And if you wanted to single him out for that, you could label that as a betrayal. But nobody ever does! Presumably, that would imply a general sort of traditionally honorable general sentiment on the part of these trash haters which none of them possess at all. But more than that, they already hated him anyway and wanted him to be fired! Or at least wanted him to be burned at the stake, and so they leapt at that chance....

So if you want to nail him on that, go for it. But nobody else does....

But you are seeing more and more from these lynch-mobbers, random throwaway admissions to how awesome BK was, and all the good he did for the program, etc. Though curiously without any hint of apology in their tone. Acknowledgement, yes, but not even a hair of a notion of contrition..... From these pure trash fans, towards ND's all-time winningest coach, and sure-thing 1st ballot CFB HOFer....
Are you out of your mind ?

BK’s conduct in his final days at ND was horrible.

You don’t hold a nationally televised news conference and tell your employer and your employer’s fan base that you are committed to remaining with your employer, and then, a week later, bolting in the middle of the night and leaving your employer high and dry..

There is no defending his actions, no sane person with a degree of character and integrity conducts themselves in that manner.

Your defense of how he conducted himself in his final days at ND is inexcusable

2013 was a great class, 5th ranked, but bookended by a 17th and 11th. Overall BK averaged about a 12th ranked class. 5th his highest and 17 his lowest.

I would hope MF can greatly improve on that. Saban conversely over the last 10 years has been number one or number two every single year.

So that is the bar, not only a great coach but your competition is the 1st or 2nd best player in the country at every position. A 12th ranked average is probably not going to hoist that trophy.

If your curious, the other team that was 1 or 2 the last 4 years, UGA. Seems like a pattern here we could use to build a title team.

Reactions: tbonesays
I’m not a BK lover by any stretch, but those saying he can’t recruit RB are full of shit. Greg Bryant, Dexter Williams, Tarean Folston, Josh Adams, Chris Tyree are just the ones that pop into my head. While I blame Kelly for why we can’t develop a QB, I have no issue with his RB’s. As of now, MF has landed 0 successful RB’s.
Just to be clear, I, theskibro, never said Kelly couldn’t recruit RBs. I said he sux. And I stand by that Oh, and he can’t recruit squat whereas Marcus can recruit squat, Sasquatch , Achilles, Thor and anyone that’s five or four stars

Are you out of your mind ?

BK’s conduct in his final days at ND was horrible.

You don’t hold a nationally televised news conference and tell your employer and your employer’s fan base that you are committed to remaining with your employer, and then, a week later, bolting in the middle of the night and leaving your employer high and dry..

There is no defending his actions, no sane person with a degree of character and integrity conducts themselves in that manner.

Your defense of how he conducted himself in his final days at ND is inexcusable
No it wasn't. And don't push it either, you creep. I don't effin' know you, nor do I want to get roped into any of the rest of your craziness.

So buzz off....

Just to be clear, I, theskibro, never said Kelly couldn’t recruit RBs. I said he sux. And I stand by that Oh, and he can’t recruit squat whereas Marcus can recruit squat, Sasquatch , Achilles, Thor and anyone that’s five or four stars

He’s a great defensive recruiter. Our offensive recruiting is not elite. It’s not even great. Will that change? Hope so. Still waiting for some legit 5 star players on that side of the ball. MF is doing great. It’s not him I’m concerned about.

No it wasn't. And don't push it either, you creep. I don't effin' know you, nor do I want to get roped into any of the rest of your craziness.

So buzz off....
Like I’m going to listen to you, a deranged loon who doesn’t have a clue when it comes to exhibiting and conducting oneself with character and integrity.

Your defending of BK’s conduct in his last two weeks at ND tells us all we need to know about your mental acuity, or lack thereof.

You must be a relative.

Like I’m going to listen to you, a deranged loon who doesn’t have a clue when it comes to exhibiting and conducting oneself with character and integrity.

Your defending of BK’s conduct in his last two weeks at ND tells us all we need to know about your mental acuity, or lack thereof.

You must be a relative.

You’re a better man than me. While I can’t see his content because I ignored him, I can still click on his posts to see what others are responding to if I want. No chance I’d read his crazy 9 paragraph messages.

You must be a relative.
Good, just stay the F away from me. Seriously, not to sound like a dick about it.

You know what, I'll just never respond to you, and you do whatever you feel like. I have a soft spot for you the way you're always effin' with all the rest of the goon squad on this board. And I don't want to discourage that. But just try to stay out of my face if you can....

Nobody is making you stay here.

Reactions: BGI User 756
This guy torpedos literally every thread. It’s really inexcusable that he’s still on this board after his repeated personal attack on players and posters alike.

Reactions: BGI User 756

No one cares about BK. Notre Dame and the program are bigger than a single coach/person.

BK left Notre Dame of his own volition, no one had a gun to his head or threatened him. He left on his own, and burned the bridge with the school all on his own.

You are a complete imbecile if you think otherwise.

Good, just stay the F away from me. Seriously, not to sound like a dick about it.

You know what, I'll just never respond to you, and you do whatever you feel like. I have a soft spot for you the way you're always effin' with all the rest of the goon squad on this board. And I don't want to discourage that. But just try to stay out of my face if you can....
So, when presented with a factual, logical and rational position that’s contrary to your narrative you take your football and run rather than meet the challenge.

I would have thought that someone with your command of the English language would have presented a reasoned counter argument.

But I guess that what Kelly did is indefensible, even by your standards !

Last edited:
Rivals still thinks Irvin is better than Limar. Wonder why ND thinks they’re a better observer of talent.

I could see ditching Irvin for Love and Young. Limar must be more special than Irvin in ways we can’t see on film.

Last edited:
I love it when shit like this happens. You know the cretins we'll be chiming in IMMEDIATELY with the positive spin, almost excited by the news. Ready to wallow in it, on account of that certain cachet that comes with player de-commits that might well be characterized as just something that happens when you're one of the really elite programs. We took his commitment, and presumably we were going to honor it, because we're not scumbags, right? But this kid is 2nd-tier, 3rd-tier, etc... and ND is top tier, and this kid can't take the heat so he's getting out of the proverbial kitchen. And you see this same pitiful, predictable song and dance from that certain subset of fans with every de-commit, every year, every time.... Because we're sitting pretty with all these better, higher pedigree prospects, that are more befitting of a program of our elite stature. Because that's just what ND is, and we sit at the top of the social pyramid for CFB programs....

ND fans crave ego engorgement like it's oxygen needed to live, with that same kind of primal satisfaction....
Lol. It is positive.

1. The kid committed to the previous rb coach
2. The kid is a very solid player that nd would have loved in the past, but nd is loaded at rb. The philosophy of the coaches at this position has updated to swing for the fences...partly because even a full miss can be absorbed
3. The same thing happened last year when ND accepted a too early commit from Jack Nichol.

ADVERTISEMENT