ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Officials Today?

Are we still letting the visiting team bring their own officials?

This is an ongoing M.O. for ND football - visitors bring their conference officials

SEC officials* - hope the game does not come down to 'officiating' (a la 2014 FSU game?).

difficult to understand what Happy Jack is thinking

If the 4 independent colleges can't hire their own officiating crews for their home games - at least hire a crew from a neutral conference......what a joke

Reactions: NIN Irish
This is an ongoing M.O. for ND football - visitors bring their conference officials

SEC officials* - hope the game does not come down to 'officiating' (a la 2014 FSU game?).

difficult to understand what Happy Jack is thinking

If the 4 independent colleges can't hire their own officiating crews for their home games - at least hire a crew from a neutral conference......what a joke

Thanks, I didn't know if that practice changed after the ACC scheduling agreement.

changed? I thought the visitors traditionally always bring their referees.

Yeah, I guess I don't know what I was thinking. Since we're not in a conference, we see a lot of different crews and I've never needed to know how other teams do it. IMO it only makes a difference because different conferences have slight variations in what they emphasize and how much bumping and grinding they let the guys do. I'd prefer to avoid the ACC guys. A couple years ago the Pac 12 guys were awful to everyone and didn't know how to keep a flag in their pocket. I don't know what the SEC guys are like.

Yeah, I guess I don't know what I was thinking. Since we're not in a conference, we see a lot of different crews and I've never needed to know how other teams do it. IMO it only makes a difference because different conferences have slight variations in what they emphasize and how much bumping and grinding they let the guys do. I'd prefer to avoid the ACC guys. A couple years ago the Pac 12 guys were awful to everyone and didn't know how to keep a flag in their pocket. I don't know what the SEC guys are like.

That will be very difficult as we bring them everywhere, especially ACC stadia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT