ADVERTISEMENT

NC State

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Hartman is 1-2 against them. A 45-42 win, 42-45 loss and a 31-20.

Last year wake had 25 yards on 17 Carrie’s (1.4 yard avg).

Makes ya pretty one dimensional and the D can bring it if you can’t run.

Guessing this one is close at the half and we pull away late as the run game makes some holes.

Noon start probably helps the Irish. Takes the crowd normally.

My guess is that NCST will crumble down the stretch. ND, IMO, is just too balanced and talented for them to keep up. With our recent history of playing down to opponent’s thought, I could be very wrong. It’s the first real test this year. Don’t look ahead at OSU guys. EVERY game counts.

Reactions: tbone3114
Notre Dame has a defense that Wake Forest could only dream of what Sam Hartman stats were at Wake Forest against NC State last year means absolutely nothing.

Any top five playoff contender national title contender would be able to put this really mid NC State team away without a whole lot of challenge

Notre Dame has a defense that Wake Forest could only dream of what Sam Hartman stats were at Wake Forest against NC State last year means absolutely nothing.

Any top five playoff contender national title contender would be able to put this really mid NC State team away without a whole lot of challenge

That’s not real though. Most NC teams do not beat every “mid” team on their schedule as convincingly as you think.

That’s not real though. Most NC teams do not beat every “mid” team on their schedule as convincingly as you think.
What do you think Georgia OSU Alabama Michigan scores would be against this NC State team? NC State is ranked like 46th in F+ mind you

Vegas would probably have those four teams at least favored by three to four scores vs NC state

What do you think Georgia OSU Alabama Michigan scores would be against this NC State team?

Those teams “always” beat “mid” teams convincingly in your opinion? They only EVER lose to teams with similar talent/depth pools?

Bama lost to TAMU last year. Unranked TAMU that is. What happened?

Reactions: bizzybecknd
What do you think Georgia OSU Alabama Michigan scores would be against this NC State team? NC State is ranked like 46th in F+ mind you

Vegas would probably have those four teams at least favored by three to four scores vs NC state
Just like the Michigan App State game.

Those teams “always” beat “mid” teams convincingly in your opinion? They only EVER lose to teams with similar talent/depth pools?
Not always but when you are a national title contending playoff contending caliber team you put away mid teams like NC State by a lot of points in a convincing manner more often than not.

The fact that Vegas thinks we are only eight points better than NC State says a lot about what Vegas thinks of our national title Outlook this year and it's disappointing frankly but the game hasn't been played yet so Notre Dame still has an opportunity to put it on this NC state team and to raise their national profile

But if it's a dog fight or NC State presents any real challenge then it says a lot about Notre Dame's Outlook this year

Just like the Michigan App State game.

There’s thousands of examples of superior teams toughing out or losing games against inferior opponents. See ND/Marshall or ND/Stanford last year for more examples.

I can’t believe this is that hard to understand

Reactions: Chitown11
There’s thousands of examples of superior teams toughing out or losing games against inferior opponents. See ND/Marshall or ND/Stanford last year for more examples.

I can’t believe this is that hard to understand
You are looking at rare exceptions to the rule and portraying them as if they are the rule

The top teams in the country put away mid-teams like NC State convincingly the large majority of time week in and week out

You are looking at rare exceptions to the rule and portraying them as if they are the rule

The top teams in the country put away mid-teams like NC State convincingly the large majority of time week in and week out

You’re the one saying that if we don’t, we must not be a top tier team, not me. I’m just saying nothing is as absolute as you’re making it out to be

Reactions: francade
Vegas having Notre Dame -8 vs NC state provides a legit data point with which we can use to evaluate the caliber of the team.

It is still very early in the season so none of the data is that good this early on but Vegas isn't that impressed with our hundred plus point differential versus Navy and TSU

A lot of celebrating going on around Notre Dame Nation for beating up on really bad teams early on.

The Vegas' line vs NC State is a reminder that Notre Dame still has a lot to prove

Last edited:
Osu sputtered against a much worse Indiana team just this week...
OSU also has a track record of beating the best teams in the country -- ND does not.

you got to look at the whole thing holistically

Also Indiana is ranked in the top 30 in f+ they are a better program than you are giving them credit for this year

OSU also has a track record of beating the best teams in the country -- ND does not.

you got to look at the whole thing holistically

Also Indiana is ranked in the top 30 in f+ they are a better program than you are giving them credit for this year
Bull shit...

Number 1, You said contending teams should dominate middling teams. Osu did not

Number 2, F- is the worst at ranking teams so I dont care what they rank Indiana

Number 3, NC state was 8 and 5 last year. Top 30ish team quality team and program. Indiana sucked last year. 4 and 8, and one of those wins was fcs

Any ranking that put Indiana 30 and ahead of NC state to start the year is a moronic ranking. Means shit

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Not always but when you are a national title contending playoff contending caliber team you put away mid teams like NC State by a lot of points in a convincing manner more often than not.

The fact that Vegas thinks we are only eight points better than NC State says a lot about what Vegas thinks of our national title Outlook this year and it's disappointing frankly but the game hasn't been played yet so Notre Dame still has an opportunity to put it on this NC state team and to raise their national profile

But if it's a dog fight or NC State presents any real challenge then it says a lot about Notre Dame's Outlook this year
Vegas was off by 23 points tonight wand we’re off 19 points against Navy. Vegas isn’t very good early in the season.

The error that you are making is that you are looking at isolated examples and failing to look at the bigger picture

Even teams with bad W-L record in the BIG are viewed as better than teams with better W-L record in the ACC (because of the bigger picture that is not being accounted for by looking at W-L in isolation)

no matter how much evidence is available -- you cannot see beyond win loss record

Win loss record tells us who won and lost the game but it is very limited in telling us who is going to continue to win and lose going forward (at least in comparison to other better tools available like F+)

F+ provides that missing information and accounts for a lot of the nuance that goes into determining what teams are really good and what teams are not despite their W-L record

Last edited:
The error that you are making is that you are looking at isolated examples and failing to look at the bigger picture

Even teams with bad W-L record in the BIG are viewed as better than teams with better W-L record in the ACC

no matter how much evidence is available -- you cannot see beyond win loss record

Win loss record tells us who won and lost the game but it is very limited in telling us who is going to continue to win and lose going forward

F+ provides that missing information and accounts for a lot of the nuance that goes into determining what teams are really good and what teams are not despite their W-L record
🤣🤣

UNC whooped South Carolina....

FSU whooped LSU.....

Indiana losing to mighty Rutgers and Purdue of the "Big".....

Didnt Purdue lose to Fresno state?

🤣🤣

UNC whooped South Carolina....

FSU whooped LSU.....

Indiana losing to mighty Rutgers and Purdue of the "Big".....

Didnt Purdue lose to Fresno state?
More and more isolated examples

f plus is doing what you are doing right now but accounting for all 133 + teams and accounting for data that goes all the way down to the play by play level

More and more isolated examples

f plus is doing what you are doing right now but accounting for all 133 + teams and accounting for data that goes all the way down to the play by play level
How is that working out for them lol

Indiana is 6 and 19 in their last 25 games

Maybe they will jump up in the F- rankings lol. Keep losing and you will rise!

Their rankings keep looking more and more foolish with decisions like this

🤣🤣🤣🤣

My goal isn't to prove to everybody that I am right and that they are wrong my goal is to advance the conversation (in this community ) forward beyond the limitations of win loss record and beyond the AP poll and beyond the way they evaluated teams in the dinosaur ages in college football

When you start using better tools to evaluate Notre Dame program and performance you start to see just how limited and far behind they are relative to the teams that are actually competing for playoff spots and national titles

When you can expose Notre Dame for it's limitations you can start dismissing the PR and spin that ND is great at producing and start demanding a better product

Just wanted to throw this out there for those who insist on doubling down on their ignorance like this is a competition of some sort

Last edited:
“OSU also has a track record of beating the best teams in the country”

A track record? List all the “best teams in the country” that osu has beaten in their supposed elite run?

My goal isn't to prove to everybody that I am right and that they are wrong my goal is to advance the conversation (in this community ) forward beyond the limitations of win loss record and beyond the AP poll and beyond the way they evaluated teams in the dinosaur ages in college football

When you start using better tools to evaluate Notre Dame program and performance you start to see just how limited and far behind they are relative to the teams that are actually competing for playoff spots and national titles

When you can expose Notre Dame for it's limitations you can start dismissing the PR and spin that ND is great at producing and start demanding a better product

Just wanted to throw this out there for those who insist on doubling down on their ignorance like this is a competition of some sort
You're lying. You use F- like it's the word of God

Even when something is so embarrassingly wrong you defend it

You can't admit some of their rankings are absolutely ridiculous

Agree with the first part of this, but I dont think we can call a team that knocked off FSU and NC last year a mid team. They also have a serious upgrade at QB. I think NC State will make some noise this year in the ACC with Armstrong. Mobile QBs are not great for ND's LB core. Run down hill at us, we win that all day. Get us in space, you can see we are a tad slow and not that athletic. Its not like we have Jaylon or Teo back there tracking down and punishing people. We got two dudes that are slow as Christmas.

Chase, even UGA struggled last season against far inferior teams. Its CFB, there is a lot of emotion that goes into this and its a long season for 18 year olds...

Kent State was a 39-22 win for GA. KENT STATE! Mizzo was 4 pts and NC State would spank Mizzoo. KY was a 10 pt game with UGA scoring 16 pts.

ND is just different. There is no team that doesn't have that game circled, even UGA when they played us had that game circled. We go to NCS, they have that game circled. Their fans do. They will bring their 110%. NCS is not going to be saying "this doesn't count, we only care about the conference title".

No team, even UGA last year that was one of the best I have seen in a good bit, dominated every team.

If you’ve been watching football for more than a minute you know that upsets happen, every week and no team plays their best game every week. True in college, true in the NFL … they aren’t “isolated examples” they are just examples.

A lot goes into determining who wins : talent, execution, game plan, matchups, injuries and lucky/unlucky breaks. With all due respect Chase is being intellectually dishonest pointing only at talent and using Vegas betting lines which are set in order to balance wagers and are adjusted accordingly as if they are some predictor of national championship contending … no one is this naive.

NC State has a good front four, but SH should have a field day. Spy Armstrong taking half of their rushing yards away from them. I know they will play 8 in box, but I highly doubt any of their LB’s could cover Audric, Love, or Price in open space coming out of the back field.
The secondary needs to get it together or play zone. The last two games opponents have wide open receivers running all over the place. I know Navy’s game plan was to stop the run at all cost, but the same issue happened against TSU. A top tier QB would be licking their chops to play ND.
Our linebackers seem a little slow side line to side line, but going straight at the QB is different, again the first two games were scrimmages; however, they showed what ND needs to address. ND’s line backers are built to stop straight a head runs, hopefully the staff will play 4-2-5 in the upcoming games to compensate for the speed factor.
NC State does not have the depth to hang with ND for four quarters. Shut down Armstrong’s running ability and ND shuts down state

Bama lost to TAMU last year. Unranked TAMU that is. What happened?
No they didn’t

My guess is that NCST will crumble down the stretch. ND, IMO, is just too balanced and talented for them to keep up. With our recent history of playing down to opponent’s thought, I could be very wrong. It’s the first real test this year. Don’t look ahead at OSU guys. EVERY game counts.
This is not BK ND anymore!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT