ADVERTISEMENT

**** Ryan Day

I think it is funny everyone wants to bring up just the last two Michigan games, like we weren't 17-2 against them in the previous 19 contests. Day is 49-6 and has the highest winning percentage of all coaches against ranked opponents 17-6, .739. Also, Holtz seems to forget about those 'tough' Marshall and Stanford teams. LOL
You weren't here to talk before the game, but here now to run your mouth? Good grief! Bet even Woody Hayes is rolling his eyes at such crap!

Get your collective asses handed to you by Michigan three times in a row, and good luck to Ryan Day with that narrative.
I think Freeman has a lot more worrying to do than Day from erratic Domer fans. He is 13-6, lose one more to a 'less than' team (i.e. Duke this weekend) and the noise will be deafening.

Reactions: albundy83
GUYS,

The game is over and you can’t change the outcome !

Focus on Duke and beyond !

Go Irish ☘️

Pat, think of us Domer fans who are sparring with the pissants and drive-by shooters from the OSU boards who are coming by here to stir up trouble as the rear guard of Patton's Seventh Army as it stormed across the Rhine into Nazi Germany. We are just cleaning up some of the mess left behind, but victory will soon be in our grasp.

• Love
Reactions: irishalice
I think it is funny everyone wants to bring up just the last two Michigan games, like we weren't 17-2 against them in the previous 19 contests. Day is 49-6 and has the highest winning percentage of all coaches against ranked opponents 17-6, .739. Also, Holtz seems to forget about those 'tough' Marshall and Stanford teams. LOL

First, congrats to your team. That was an incredible game . ND had it and didn’t finish. Your young QB will remember that game winning drive for the rest of his life. Now , there is an old saying “ pride before the fall”. There could be a game on the horizon where your team is on the losing end.

As far as Lou Holtz and Ryan Day, I will say this. Holtz comments were his view based on he saw when OSU played really good teams. I saw the interview. It wasn’t mean spirited or trash talk. Just his opinion. I get Day used it to motivate and he was pissed about what he said. But his reaction was over the top. He sounded like Happy Gilmore trying to fight Bob Barker. I would say you should be concerned more about the teams you guys have to play than one opinion of a former coach. Anyway, I am not one to trash posters. It was a great game and for me it is was college football is all about. Go Irish !!

Last edited:
First, congrats to your team. That was an incredible game . ND had it and didn’t finish. Your young QB will remember that game winning drive for the rest of his life. Now , there is an old saying “ pride before the fall”. There could be a game on the horizon where your team is on the losing end.

As far as Lou Holtz and Ryan Day, I will say this. Holtz comments were his view based on he saw when OSU played really good teams. I saw the interview. It wasn’t mean spirited or trash talk. Just his opinion. I get Day used it to motivate and he was pissed about what he said. But his reaction was over the top. He sounded like Happy Gilmore trying to fight Bob Barker. I would say you should be concerned more about the teams you guys have to play than one opinion of a former coach. Anyway, I am not one to trash posters. It was a great game and for me it is was college football is all about. Go Irish !!

Good post. Your note about not trash talking here was a helpful reminder for me. Looking at some of my postings today, I see that I got a little carried away. I will try to be better.

I think it's funny it bothered you enough to post that

👍
Pat, think of us Domer fans who are sparring with the pissants and drive-by shooters from the OSU boards who are coming by here to stir up trouble as the rear guard of Patton's Seventh Army as it stormed across the Rhine into Nazi Germany. We are just cleaning up some of the mess left behind, but victory will soon be in our grasp.
👍

You need to ask that question to ND fans that are bringing up OSU - Michigan. I get it ---- we haven't beat OSU since the 1930s so let's divert the talk to the team that has beat OSU the last 2 years.
You do realize that such a big gap is because OSU refused to schedule ND for much of that period? Woody Hayes himself refused to do so. OSU officials had to actively hide the fact from him when they were working on scheduling games in the mid-90s.

That fact hardly makes ND OSU's bitch. Kinda the opposite actually.

• Haha
Reactions: albundy83
One thing can be said of Day's comment... It raised the awareness of Holtz's comment a hundred fold. If Day hadn't made such a big deal about it (at least twice) no one would be talking about it almost a week later.

Reactions: irishalice
One thing can be said of Day's comment... It raised the awareness of Holtz's comment a hundred fold. If Day hadn't made such a big deal about it (at least twice) no one would be talking about it almost a week later.
I totally agree with you. Lou doubled down on his comments yesterday, so it will be interesting to see if Day goes Woody Hayes lite again.

Reactions: deadirishpoet

I apologize on this end for chiming in, only after the win. I attended the game, took my 21 yr old son and had a wonderful father son ’bucket list’ weekend. The campus is beautiful, we were treated quite well with families all around us (except for two outlier classless guys) and it will be a weekend to remember.

I apologize on this end for chiming in, only after the win. I attended the game, took my 21 yr old son and had a wonderful father son ’bucket list’ weekend. The campus is beautiful, we were treated quite well with families all around us (except for two outlier classless guys) and it will be a weekend to remember.
I went to the ND/OSU game back in the mid 1990’s. And I must say the OSU fans are nothing but a bunch of assholes. The absolute worse experience I have ever had. Nothing but a bunch of classless i am the fool. Michigan fans are so much better then OSU will ever be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT