ADVERTISEMENT

RL on a short leash?

Dec 29, 2005
Let’s face it, Purdue is back to being Purdont, they stink.

I know he (Leonard) had a nice game this weekend, but his throwing still looked questionable. He just can’t spin it over 10 yards with any accuracy, or seemingly any confidence.

Yeah, the game was out of hand when Angelli entered but it’s clear he spins the ball far better than Leonard does. SA scrambles and runs well enough to compliment his passing. The one thing I see is that he takes some sacks he shouldn’t though. I wonder if that was a product of wanting to display his talents, impress the coaches today. I thought he played great against OSU in the bowl game and I don’t recall him holding the ball so long and taking a bad sack then.

I just don’t think ND can beat UL, GTech, and definitely not USC being so one dimensional at the QB position.

Personally, I think Angelli would compliment these RB’s well. ND has excellent RBs, and I might be the only one but I think our WRs and TEs are better than people think. I think it has more to do with Leonard than the WR/TE groups. I believe SA would consistently throw for 250 plus yards in most games as the starter.

If RL doesn’t look much better throwing against Miami OH, I don’t know if he’ll start the following week against UL. Or he’ll have a “short leash” against UL in the very least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT