ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Leonard

I'm not sold, on Leonard because those TD's were against:

Purdue
Miami OH
Louisville
Stanford.
That's fine. But you killed him when he had a bad game (rightfully so) even though he was probably injured.

You need to admit when he is playing well.

Didn't have spring practice. Ol is young and new. Learning a new offense.

Give him some time and it's coming along

He is playing better; should have pulled him during the NIU game.

HE is not much more than an average College QB and we need better
He's much better than that and he'll keep showing it.

His QBR for the year will probably be top 30 after this game and I direct him to keep improving like he has since NIU

He's by far the best QB in our roster today. And for this team

I think we all overlooked the spring surgery and missing that time. It mattered.

If the OL stays healthy and improves just a bit, I do think the offense could really be an awesome unit during the 2 half of the year.

If the OL is right, then our O can score and move the ball on playoff defenses.

Last edited:
I think we all overlooked the spring surgery and missing that time. It mattered.

Of the OL stays healthy and improves just a bit, I do think the offense could really be an awesome unit during the 2 half of the year.

If the OL is right, then our O can score and move the ball on playoff defenses.
And hopefully they let Schrauth get fully healthy and he can give us a boost when he comes back

That's fine. But you killed him when he had a bad game (rightfully so) even though he was probably injured.

Yea, and NIU is even worse than any of those 4 other teams, and if he has a torn labrum, he's still injured.

He's much better than that and he'll keep showing it.

His QBR for the year will probably be top 30 after this game and I direct him to keep improving like he has since NIU

He's by far the best QB in our roster today. And for this team
no he is not much better than that. As regards your claim he is by far the best QB on the roster, BS.

Everybody knew RL could run; but he still hasn't shown consistent passing. Yeah, he threw a couple well placed TDs, but he also short-hopped at least one and underthrew Collins on a deep ball. Against a better defense, those balls will be defended or, in the case of the long pass, maybe intercepted.

Granted, people came down on RL like a ton of bricks after the NIU game, and I tend to agree with you that he is probably still the best option at QB for this team. But you need to face up to the fact that by touting him all the time you have painted yourself into an awfully tight corner -- and with slow-drying paint.

It's halfway through the season already. He's an average QB at best. At some point, just admit it.

Everybody knew RL could run; but he still hasn't shown consistent passing. Yeah, he threw a couple well placed TDs, but he also short-hopped at least one and underthrew Collins on a deep ball. Against a better defense, those balls will be defended or, in the case of the long pass, maybe intercepted.

Granted, people came down on RL like a ton of bricks after the NIU game, and I tend to agree with you that he is probably still the best option at QB for this team. But you need to face up to the fact that by touting him all the time you have painted yourself into an awfully tight corner -- and with slow-drying paint.

It's halfway through the season already. He's an average QB at best. At some point, just admit it.
All I said was what he actually is, a very talented QB. If he continues to play like he has been playing, even his biggest critics can't say a thing. He just needs to keep it up and keep improving. Like I said before and when he struggled, it's not a talent issue. It never has been a talent issue

And he's way above average, that's just an ignorant comment

Reactions: irishalice
He has been playing better. Good enough to get to the playoff. We probably need to put up 30 plus points to beat USC, who blew that game against Penn St. today.

All I said was what he actually is, a very talented QB. If he continues to play like he has been playing, even his biggest critics can't say a thing. He just needs to keep it up and keep improving. Like I said before and when he struggled, it's not a talent issue. It never has been a talent issue

actually your claim he is way above average is ignorant

I’d like to see RL do something against someone other than Stanford, Louisville, Miami Ohio, Northern Illinois, or Purdue.

He's not Dan Marino clearly, but there is something to be said for rarely turning the ball over. I'd like to see Angelli in for a few series as a change of pace. Not just when we are up 40.

Reactions: NDinNJ
He has improved and played great today. He missed all spring and is now getting very comfortable in this offense.
Agree. The O is clearly starting to stabilize and find out what it's really good at, and able to do well, consistently.

With RL and the talented RBs.....the running game is a beast.

The OL has too ok stay healthy. This Team can get to the playoffs and make some noise.

Reactions: christophero
You didn’t even show up in this forum immdediately after losing at home to Northern Illinois. Disappeared.

Now you’re everywhere.
I already said why. Waited 2 days til the clowns left and I've been here ever since good or bad

Didn't back away from what I have said once

Give him time? He's a senior, not a sophomore. You don't bring in a senior transfer from the portal to give him time to develop. Clemson is giving Klubnick time and he's improving, more so than Leonard.

I do think last year's injury may have set him back more than expected. And I also think the narrative around him is different if we win that one game. A big if; but still. He made some throws today that he made while at Duke.

Never ran and hid. Moronic comment
Yeah you did. You were nowhere to be found immediately after that game.

But when the team wins you’re starting threads telling posters like NDNJ how wrong he was about RL.

“You need to admit…” when RL isn’t playing well.

But when the team wins you’re starting threads telling posters like NDNJ how wrong he was about RL.
Because I didn't respond before or during the game. I watched the game with family

I took 2 days off because of the idiots and have been on the board responding to all the moronic posts coming at my head and you think that's running and hiding.

Go cry about USC losing and keep telling us we need a miracle to hang with them. Clown 🤡

“You need to admit…” when RL isn’t playing well.
I've been telling him that all season. Nothing new today. Even he would admit that

Never said he didn’t.

Golson runs and hides immediately after losing to Northern Illinois, then gloats after beating Stanford.

Go figure.
You've got multiple messages in this thread.

None are actually about todays game, or next weeks game, or ND Football.

The overwhelming majority of your messages are about other posters.

Let's talk ND Football. The season is 50%, and we're in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Stop calling people out for not being here when you want them here. I don't even have to elaborate on how weird that is.

Reactions: Pennick4
You've got multiple messages in this thread.

None are actually about todays game, or next weeks game, or ND Football.

The overwhelming majority of your messages are about other posters.

Let's talk ND Football. The season is 50%, and we're in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Stop calling people out for not being here when you want them here. I don't even have to elaborate on how weird that is.
Show up immediately after the game when Notre Dame loses at home to Northern Illinois just like today when you start threads telling posters how wrong they were.

Show up immediately after the game when Notre Dame loses at home to Northern Illinois just like today when you start threads telling posters how wrong they were.
Well 1. I'll post when I want to. If you don't like it, who gives a shit. And 2. I'm not going to explain it again.

Go cry about another USC loss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT