ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Crashing

Bowen is on major flip watch according to everything OU. Dad and GF pushing OU hard. Bowen was glowing about OU and his visit. Honestly, I this kid has been gone for months. No chance he’s enrolling at ND imo. Soon the reality will hit that he’s moving very very far away from family and GF and he’ll break.

Bowen is on major flip watch according to everything OU. Dad and GF pushing OU hard. Bowen was glowing about OU and his visit. Honestly, I this kid has been gone for months. No chance he’s enrolling at ND imo. Soon the reality will hit that he’s moving very very far away from family and GF and he’ll break.
Or he’ll stick with ND and this will be just another of the innumerable douchey things you have blathered on about. He will stick or go, but either way you will remain the constant nuisance reminding me to stop wasting my time on this board

Or he’ll stick with ND and this will be just another of the innumerable douchey things you have blathered on about. He will stick or go, but either way you will remain the constant nuisance reminding me to stop wasting my time on this board
Go worship Biden fruitcake.

If Bowen picks the dumpster fire at OU over Notre Dame (especially considering the trajectory of the two programs) then he was never coming to Notre Dame to begin with.

I just want Bowen to make a final decision and get over it. This has gone on way too long

If Bowen picks the dumpster fire at OU over Notre Dame (especially considering the trajectory of the two programs) then he was never coming to Notre Dame to begin with.
OU 247 is saying Bowen has already given them the signal that he’s flipping. Honestly, holding his position to ND is disrespectful given the lies if true. Either he’s lied to ND or OU beat writers are scum. If their writers are lying, they should be held accountable.

Well one team has won a ny6 bowl game this century. The other team is in the purgatory of not having enough talent to be a top 10 team. Thanks for Peyton. ;)

I’ve considered him gone for months. That’s why I have the class ranked about #7. Far from needle moving like the bozo Driskell talks about constantly. Should finish between 7-10. All the shit talking about Kelly as a recruiter and he had a #3 class at ND. ND will not win a title recruiting 7-10 range classes. This class will have no 5 star recruits. 0. Ohio State had 7 5 star recruits just in the 2021 class. We aren’t even in the same universe.

Last edited:
I’ve considered him gone for months. That’s why I have the class ranked about #7. Far from needle moving like the bozo Driskell talks about constantly. Should finish between 7-10. All the shit talking about Kelly as a recruiter and he had a #3 class at ND. ND will not win a title recruiting 7-10 range classes. This class will have no 5 star recruits. 0. Ohio State had 7 5 star recruits just in the 2021 class. We aren’t even in the same universe.
Clemson won 2 titles recruiting in the 10-15 range.

They did. It is unlikely, but still slightly possible if you get a once in a decade talent at QB. I think Minchey and Carr are good, but I don't think there's a QB in CFB right now as talented as Lawrence. Watson was pretty damn good too. It is disappointing that with what was such a promising class will likely have no 5 stars in it and dwindle well out of the top 5. When all is said and done, it will be around 8-10 points from last years class. Minus Bowen, even with Minchey, it's not as good as BK's 2013 class.

Last edited:
Here he goes again

What a loser

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Even with Minchey, you take out Bowen, BK had a better class. It's a damn solid class, but I am tired of hearing Freeman factor as if he's a better recruiter than BK. The facts state otherwise.
That's you assuming we dont land anyone else with Minchey. Which is false of course.

Even if we lost Bowen, but added Minchey, Terek, Hillman, Barnes and Smith wed have a higher class ranking than Kelly had in 12 years. This is year 1 for MF. That class would be over 285. Kellys best class was 284

So again, you dont know sh*t and you cry and whine about everything. Stop acting like a teenage girl.

That's you assuming we dont land anyone else with Minchey. Which is false of course.

Even if we lost Bowen, but added Minchey, Terek, Hillman, Barnes and Smith wed have a higher class ranking than Kelly had in 12 years. This is year 1 for MF. That class would be over 285. Kellys best class was 284

So again, you dont know sh*t and you cry and whine about everything. Stop acting like a teenage girl.
You are stating a lot of IF's.

I think you are selling Clemson and Dabo short here. ND’s roster still has a long way to go before it compares to Clemson’s in ‘16 and even further as far as their ‘18 roster.

Using Rival’s rankings only, Clemson’s ‘16 roster averaged 9th in team rankings and their ‘18 roster averaged out at 10th. Even more importantly, Clemson had (7) 5-stars on their roster in ‘16 and (13) in ‘18.

ND’s current roster has an average Rival’s team ranking of 13 from ‘19 - ‘22, and only (1) 5-star. I think Mayer was rated a 5-star everywhere but Rivals so we can call it two for argument’s sake. Either way, ND still has a long way to go before we can start comparing them to Clemson’s recent title teams in my opinion.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Loy posted that he'll have info later today.
Bowen has a call with Freeman later today....

Funny how ND hires a HC known for recruiting at the exact time that it no longer matters for 5 star recruits.

Even with Minchey, you take out Bowen, BK had a better class. It's a damn solid class, but I am tired of hearing Freeman factor as if he's a better recruiter than BK. The facts state otherwise.
We all know where you stand on Freeman based on your infamous "boy" reference comment you made soon after his hire.....

I don't blame the coaching staff one bit for this one. They've recruited their rear end off. Recruiting isn't crashing but when you lose your 3 top commits, all 3 are 5 star players, you aren't really closing the gap.

Freeman is maintaining a talent base to allow us to be more talented than almost every team on our schedule.

This class isn't closing the gap, it's making up for some holes (WR) that were created. I don't see any game wreckers on the DLine. Really need to get QB solidified with Minchey and Transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdk222
I don't blame the coaching staff one bit for this one. They've recruited they rear end off. Recruiting isn't crashing but when you lose your 3 top commits, all 3 are 5 star players, you aren't really closing the gap.

Freeman is maintaining a talent base to allow us to be more talented than almost every team on our schedule.

This class isn't closing the gap, it's making up for some holes (WR) that were created. I don't see any game wreckers on the DLine. Really need to get QB solidified with Minchey and Transfer.
“Crashing.”

I talked about this before the season. If we find out that Freeman and Rees are bad coaches (WE FOUND THAT OUT) then our record will be worse than 10-2 and recruiting will fall depending on how bad it is. Obviously the D hasn't looked great and the offense has been absolutely awful.

Trending right now to end up with a Brian Kelly type class but with a coaching staff far far far worse.

Not good

Paige probably going to USC, love trending away, lyons not a lock, no plan or good option for keeley backup, no qb, bowen probably gone (it would make us losing our top 3 commits), and in 24 our top DE looking at UM now secretively. That's what we know right now and it's not getting better. Complete disaster on the field. THanks OHIO STATE GRAD.

If Freeman can't recruit lights out, this will send ND backwards more than TY and bob davie did.
Crashing.

Crashing.
Well, we've lost our 3 best recruits and have only landed one recruit since the season started (Love and yes a big one).

I would think our poor play and losses early on had part of that. I can't imagine if we were 10-1 right now ranked 4th in the country we wouldn't need to be onto option 5 at WR/DB/Safety/QB.

Well, we've lost our 3 best recruits and have only landed one recruit since the season started (Love and yes a big one).

I would think our poor play and losses early on had part of that. I can't imagine if we were 10-1 right now ranked 4th in the country we wouldn't need to be onto option 5 at WR/DB/Safety/QB.
We dont have many scholarships to give. We aren't going to land 10 guys once the season started. Our class was pretty much full, just filling in needs

Reactions: Kelso86 and sjb75
ADVERTISEMENT