ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings .. once again

Just bullshit, UGA gets throttled by LSU, for their 2nd loss, and drop to #5? Just ridiculous! Can you say SEC bias ... what bunch of crap

or perhaps the obvious (UGA is indeed the 5th best team in the country) eludes you because you are unreasonably biased.

Just bullshit, UGA gets throttled by LSU, for their 2nd loss, and drop to #5? Just ridiculous! Can you say SEC bias ... what bunch of crap
I get what you're saying, but I dunno who else you put at #5 and you can definitely say is better than UGA. I think Michigan being ahead of ND is a bigger joke, considering they have 3 losses.

I get what you're saying, but I dunno who else you put at #5 and you can definitely say is better than UGA. I think Michigan being ahead of ND is a bigger joke, considering they have 3 losses.

oh yea...that ass kicking should not count because, well after all teams do not beat ND, ND loses for some excusable reasons!

Reactions: chitown sot
oh yea...that ass kicking should not count because, well after all teams do not beat ND, ND loses for some excusable reasons!
So Oregon who lost to Auburn is ahead of them by 6 spots, even though Oregon lost to Auburn. It doesnt make sense to put Oregon ahead of Auburn and then Michigan ahead of ND. You're evaluating a team off of a whole season of work. Not one ass kicking. And clearly ND was puished for the Mich loss as they are ranked #15 and not in an NY6 bowl.

So Oregon who lost to Auburn is ahead of them by 6 spots, even though Oregon lost to Auburn. It doesnt make sense to put Oregon ahead of Auburn and then Michigan ahead of ND. You're evaluating a team off of a whole season of work. Not one ass kicking. And clearly ND was puished for the Mich loss as they are ranked #15 and not in an NY6 bowl.

did you see that game? final minutes? sure was not an ass whipping! and the season opener!

agree

10-2 very good
would have been great in Top 12.

ND is punished for UM and Georgia losses that weren't really close. The Georgia game was far more one sided then the final score indicated. Georgia dominated ND in the 2nd half.

ND is also punished for not having any wins against anybody of any real consequence. They haven't beaten a single team with a ranking higher than 20th (F/+).

They also had some scares vs questionable competition like USC and VT this year.

On the whole I think they are ranked appropriately and there doesn't seem to be much controversy outside of the ND fanbase itself. ND is ranked 14th-17th across the board in most reputable polls and ranking systems.

ND is punished for UM and Georgia losses that weren't really close. The Georgia game was far more one sided then the final score indicated. Georgia dominated ND in the 2nd half.

ND is also punished for not having any wins against anybody of any real consequence. They haven't beaten a single team with a ranking higher than 20th (F/+).

They also had some scares vs questionable competition like USC and VT this year.

On the whole I think they are ranked appropriately and there doesn't seem to be much controversy outside of the ND fanbase itself. ND is ranked 14th-17th across the board in most reputable polls and ranking systems.
Fair enough. But are Michigan's 9 wins that much more impressive than ND's 10?

We should be in the 12 to 14 range

This is not accurate. ND had the ball with a chance to win the UGA game with a minute or so to play. The game was very close, not decided until the final minute or so.

I thought Georgia took over in the 3rd quarter and really made that game one sided down the stretch. Book/Kmet connected on a desperation drive deep into the 3rd/4th quarter that made things closer but Georgia seemed to get really conservative down the stretch and just run out the clock, kick fieldgoals in 4th and 1 situations they could have easily converted on, etc.. I felt that game was more like a 2-3 score game when all was said and done as opposed to the 6 point victory it ended up being but that's just my opinion.

or perhaps the obvious (UGA is indeed the 5th best team in the country) eludes you because you are unreasonably biased.
Losing to South Carolina at home would suggest otherwise. And I have no bias, I believe wholeheartedly in fairness

So losing to South Carolina and the ass kicking by LSU shouldn't count either? Hell I like Georgia, and wanted them in, but I can plainly see the SEC bias

Reactions: francade
I’m not sure where to rank UGA but they’re a very good FB team. I just think most sports journalists & coaches see what I see, LSU, OSU, and Clemson are just well above the rest of the pack this season.

UGA just lost in an extra game to the #1 team in the nation, how far should they drop, they’re 11-2.

omg, UGA shouldn't even have been #4 to begin with. You know Ole Miss and co scored more against LSU. I guess it was a ploy so the dawgs get the Sugar Bowl berth.

It looks like the committee is made up of bunch of ex SEC fans/players/coaches.. anyone else losing by that margin will drop at least 7 spots..

I’m not sure where to rank UGA but they’re a very good FB team. I just think most sports journalists & coaches see what I see, LSU, OSU, and Clemson are just well above the rest of the pack this season.

UGA just lost in an extra game to the #1 team in the nation, how far should they drop, they’re 11-2.

LSU and Clemson yes but I don't think Ohio State is in that league.. Clemson will thrash Ohio state.

LSU and Clemson yes but I don't think Ohio State is in that league.. Clemson will thrash Ohio state.

Bro, I can promise you as a guy raised in central Ohio that had to endure the deluge of bandwagon OSU fans in the mid to late 90’s and then work the games as a young Trooper, no one dislikes OSU more than I. That said, they’re absolutely next level with LSU and Clemson, though I do think Clemson edges them out.

I thought Georgia took over in the 3rd quarter and really made that game one sided down the stretch. Book/Kmet connected on a desperation drive deep into the 3rd/4th quarter that made things closer but Georgia seemed to get really conservative down the stretch and just run out the clock, kick fieldgoals in 4th and 1 situations they could have easily converted on, etc.. I felt that game was more like a 2-3 score game when all was said and done as opposed to the 6 point victory it ended up being but that's just my opinion.
No shit it’s just your opinion not shared by anyone else except maybe the craziest of UGA fans.

Bro, I can promise you as a guy raised in central Ohio that had to endure the deluge of bandwagon OSU fans in the mid to late 90’s and then work the games as a young Trooper, no one dislikes OSU more than I. That said, they’re absolutely next level with LSU and Clemson, though I do think Clemson edges them out.
Excellent job officer! I like the fact Clemson ended Woody,s career ...one of the most overrated coaches in CFB.

Uhh... Michigan was clearly a better team than ND this year. See the head to head matchup. It would be ridiculous to have ND ranked ahead of them. Getting throttled on national tv has consequences

nonsense.

Reactions: francade

"I think Michigan being ahead of ND is a bigger joke"

Not sure what you are looking at, but when I saw the latest CFP rankings, this is what I saw --

13-Penn St
14-Notre Dame
15-Memphis
16-Minnesota
17-Michigan
18-Boise St

Reactions: NotreDomer1
“Uhh... Michigan was clearly a better team than ND this year. See the head to head matchup. It would be ridiculous to have ND ranked ahead of them. Getting throttled on national tv has consequences”

The monsoon was the equalizer. If we play again, it’s a different score. Do we win? Don’t know, but the weather screwed us way more than it screwed them. Funny though, if it were one of the current chosen programs (GA, okla, osu, bama), the pundits would falling all over themselves using the weather as an excuse. When the weather hurts ND? Crickets. Total BS.

“Uhh... Michigan was clearly a better team than ND this year. See the head to head matchup. It would be ridiculous to have ND ranked ahead of them. Getting throttled on national tv has consequences”

The monsoon was the equalizer. If we play again, it’s a different score. Do we win? Don’t know, but the weather screwed us way more than it screwed them. Funny though, if it were one of the current chosen programs (GA, okla, osu, bama), the pundits would falling all over themselves using the weather as an excuse. When the weather hurts ND? Crickets. Total BS.

Eh let us not play the victim card here. They want us in the playoff, we are a great brand to have in this thing. We should have won the game and the weather really had no impact on how our defense played did it? Or our run blocking schemes? We played poorly, lets not make excuses or play victim that we are not seen in the same light as those other schools mentioned, we are Notre Dame we sell better than any other program, they would fight for us to be there at 11-1 trust me.

Yes I did. And I still disagree that a 3 loss team can be ahead a 2 loss team.
These polls are not standings. When Minnesota and Baylor were undefeated in mid season, having played nobody, did you think they should have been up there in the Top 5 with Alabama, Clemson and OSU? W/L record is an important factor, the most important factor, but it's not the only factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT