ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer request

d1042

I've posted how many times?
Jan 7, 2008
I know some of you ole timers for a decade plus; a group have even been some I consider as fan-friends. I been here since 2008 and we have seen some great football and some ‘not so great football’. But it has always been interesting.

I mentioned to Tex, i had some rather bad health news just about a week before Christmas. I don’t want to get mushy nor misty, nor do I want to do the why me or woe is me rant, but the odds are I am at best a 3TD underdog.

Some know from my comments (illiciting warnings from mods) that I consider myself Saved and Jesus is my Lord and Savior, So going ‘home’ is not so much scary as the actual embarkment or 1st step. From birth we all know no one gets out alive in the end. I was kinda hopeful to make it the next few years or till our blessed hope, Jesus, comes to gather his Church (Rapture); but that being doubtful, it looks like I get promoted to 1st team, and will be in the 1st group resurrected to greet those raptured.

So if you are a praying sort, or a random prayer, or have some spare moments to send a prayer request on for petition, I could use the help. And if you are not the praying sort, or nor a believer, then know that I am praying for you.

So regardless of any past disagreements nor heated exchanges, in different ways I luv you all as fellow fans and some as ‘friends’. I will be hanging around the forum till I cannot, I spend the bulk of time in scripture, treatment and so this is a kinda break from reality or pressure.

While hoping prayers are heard and God decides I get some more seasons, I did want to say something while I am fit. (crazy thing is I am fit!).

That’s it. (play nice, be kind to each other, show respect even if it is not given)

hoping for prayers, not replies. God Bless you all .

I know some of you ole timers for a decade plus; a group have even been some I consider as fan-friends. I been here since 2008 and we have seen some great football and some ‘not so great football’. But it has always been interesting.

I mentioned to Tex, i had some rather bad health news just about a week before Christmas. I don’t want to get mushy nor misty, nor do I want to do the why me or woe is me rant, but the odds are I am at best a 3TD underdog.

Some know from my comments (illiciting warnings from mods) that I consider myself Saved and Jesus is my Lord and Savior, So going ‘home’ is not so much scary as the actual embarkment or 1st step. From birth we all know no one gets out alive in the end. I was kinda hopeful to make it the next few years or till our blessed hope, Jesus, comes to gather his Church (Rapture); but that being doubtful, it looks like I get promoted to 1st team, and will be in the 1st group resurrected to greet those raptured.

So if you are a praying sort, or a random prayer, or have some spare moments to send a prayer request on for petition, I could use the help. And if you are not the praying sort, or nor a believer, then know that I am praying for you.

So regardless of any past disagreements nor heated exchanges, in different ways I luv you all as fellow fans and some as ‘friends’. I will be hanging around the forum till I cannot, I spend the bulk of time in scripture, treatment and so this is a kinda break from reality or pressure.

While hoping prayers are heard and God decides I get some more seasons, I did want to say something while I am fit. (crazy thing is I am fit!).

That’s it. (play nice, be kind to each other, show respect even if it is not given)

You got it brother! Love ya and God bless!

I will pray for you and your family. Stay strong sir!

Reactions: Ndapolis1

My brother, thank you for sharing.
By His Stripes we are healed! Isaiah 53:5

You said you are down 21 points. Brother, that reminded me of the 1979 Cotton Bowl.

ND was down 22 points with only like 7 minutes left. Montana had the flu in that game. With less than a minute Montana led ND to a game winning TD.

Brother ain’t it over!!!

Genesis 18:14 “IS ANY THING TOO HARD FOR THE LORD?

1 Peter 2:24 ... "He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.".

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6).

Father God I thank you forYour love. I thank you for Your healing power. Jesus you have been given a name that is above every name. And at Your name EVERY knee shall bow. No matter what name of the sickness is that has afflicted my brother Your name is greater. Jesus, touch my brother now with your hand. Your nailed scared hand. You are a healer Jesus. Let your healing come now. No sickness and no disease can stand in your presence. Jesus where ever my brother is right now touch him. Touch him with your love touch him with your power. Jesus let him know You are right there with him. Father God In the name of Your Son Jesus we ask you to heal our brother. Heal him so that even the doctors would be amazed. Do that which is impossible for man. You are able Father God. Nothing is to hard for you. Father let Your peace guard his heart and mind and let Your joy be his strength. Father we love You and thank You and believe you to heal our brother for Your glory. In Jesus name we pray! Amen

I love brother and I believe in and can’t wait to see your comeback. Down 21 with only minutes to go but then what seemed impossible happened!!! Victory

I am praying you live to see another Notre Dame Football National Championship...and in the meantime live to spend quality time with your family and friends.

I don't know you or your situation but I know how to pray to our Lord and am doing so. Our hope is in Christ and our promise is for eternal life with Him if we have sought repentance and allow Him to guide us. The Bible says 365 times- Fear not. Allow God to give you strength in all this.

Last edited:

Prayers, indeed. Thank you, Heavenly Father......in Jesus' Name.

Prayers up sir.

Done and will keep doing.

This can’t be. Time has been catching up to many of my friends lately and I am not happy about it. People I know - in whatever capacity - are dealing with mortality.

Well if there is one guy who can persevere through this it’s you 1042. 3 TDS is a big ask but I like you in Q4. Not even overtime is needed. So hang in while I begin my daily prayers.

We met on this board. A long time ago. You’ve had my back and I yours. You’ve spanked my ass and I yours. It’s been fun. And it’s been civil. The way it should be.

I wish you only the best. Keep checking in. Let’s keep time at arms length a bit longer. I’ll do my prayers. You do yours. Persevere.

D1042,

Stay strong, stay positive and hang in there.

You have tremendous support and prayers from all of those on this site.

Reactions: IrishMike409
This can’t be. Time has been catching up to many of my friends lately and I am not happy about it. People I know - in whatever capacity - are dealing with mortality.

Well if there is one guy who can persevere through this it’s you 1042. 3 TDS is a big ask but I like you in Q4. Not even overtime is needed. So hang in while I begin my daily prayers.

We met on this board. A long time ago. You’ve had my back and I yours. You’ve spanked my ass and I yours. It’s been fun. And it’s been civil. The way it should be.

I wish you only the best. Keep checking in. Let’s keep time at arms length a bit longer. I’ll do my prayers. You do yours. Persevere.
ski
you been here with us guys and are a good fan friend.
Some of you prayer warriors must be well connected!
After 2+ months of just bad news, I got just a bit of a break from bad news and even an uptick on an improved stat!
Of course the uptick comes with a cost; when you take poisons to kill a poison there are always some trade offs or consequences. But what it means is that for 1st time there is indications that the treatment is having an effect.
It will be a long process, but Praise the Lord, the prayers are the best medicine and armor vs this disease.
God bless you all!

ski
you been here with us guys and are a good fan friend.
Some of you prayer warriors must be well connected!
After 2+ months of just bad news, I got just a bit of a break from bad news and even an uptick on an improved stat!
Of course the uptick comes with a cost; when you take poisons to kill a poison there are always some trade offs or consequences. But what it means is that for 1st time there is indications that the treatment is having an effect.
It will be a long process, but Praise the Lord, the prayers are the best medicine and armor vs this disease.
God bless you all!
D1042,

i‘m going to make a suggestion that I hope is helpful to you.

EMBRACE the side effects !

Yes, I know, it’s counterintuitive.

But embrace the side effects because the side effects that you are experiencing are evidence that the chemo/radiation is working and killing the cancer and leading you back to good health.

The more you feel the unpleasant impact of those side effects, the more it means that the treatments are working to make you better, so EMBRACE the side effects, the harsher the side effects, the healthier you’re getting !

Good luck

Reactions: irishalice
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT