ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Fleck shoves the whole boat up Auburns backside!

Seriously?
He admits to being a sucker for gimmicks.
“Row the boat.”
Never wears shoes.
Crowd surfs.
Many, many more.

He is another Brohm, Herman, Campbell.
He's a fun and energetic guy. Plenty of 18 year olds like his style. Every coach has a different style. His style doesn't seem to work for you, but that doesn't mean he's not a good coach.

Reactions: Zorich 88
“Obviously wrong.”

There’s your answer.

That’s your opinion, not a fact as you state. And out of respect for our friendship I don’t mention the times your peers 100% disagree with you. I often don’t agree with you. You act as if your opinion is the only opinion. I played D1, I played (and beat) ND. I know a lot more about D1 football than you. I’ve NEVER brought that into our conversations. I’m fact, I repeatedly admit on here, probably 50 times, that I’m not a talent evaluator like you & people should listen to you on recruiting, not me. But I do know the reality of big time football & that’s why I take exception to many things said on here.
I will agree with you when I agree, and I will disagree when I disagree. I do the same with ND football. I say both positive & negative. Different people choose to pick & choose which they want to hear.
But I’m always going to be 100% true to how I feel.
I try really, really hard (and often fail) not to cone across as an arrogant a-hole. But to be honest, I’m starting to get sick of people who really don’t know the reality of Major D1 football talking out their buttholes.
That doesn’t change my respect for your recruiting analysis, or our mutual military connection, but I honestly think you are wrong on certain things & will tell you when so. I’m sure you would rather me do that than kiss your ass, right?
You can disagree all you want. However, the fact is I would rather be a Gopher than a Cyclone fan today.

Check his track record. This is what he does. I live 40 minutes from Western Michigan. I have seen first hand how good this guy is.

Wow now I'm convinced because you've said so. Not really but I'm not trying to carry his water like you seem to want to do. Like I said, with another weak schedule, he has a chance for more wins next year but next year is 8 months away so we'll see if his team blows the game it needs to win like it did this year.

You can disagree all you want. However, the fact is I would rather be a Gopher than a Cyclone fan today.

Wait, what?

Yes, I 100% agree with you on that. Was that the argument, Fleck versus Campbell? I was discussing Fleck vs BK at the same point in their careers.
If you were talking Fleck vs Campbell, then I apologize, you are correct.

Wow now I'm convinced because you've said so. Not really but I'm not trying to carry his water like you seem to want to do. Like I said, with another weak schedule, he has a chance for more wins next year but next year is 8 months away so we'll see if his team blows the game it needs to win like it did this year.
Okay now we are blaming the schedule. How many teams finished with 11 wins? How many?

That was a good PSU team and a good Auburn team.

He's a fun and energetic guy. Plenty of 18 year olds like his style. Every coach has a different style. His style doesn't seem to work for you, but that doesn't mean he's not a good coach.

That’s the point I’m trying to make. It works at Minnesota, Houston, Purdue, etc...
Won’t work at ND.
For example, as a coach of ND he would beat USC & Michigan on emotion, but then lose to Navy, a G5 team & another random team every season. 9-3 doesn’t make the CFP.
Brohm, Herman, Fleck all win games they shouldn’t, and everybody gets pumped, then they lose a bunch of games they shouldn’t. They will never go 12-0. They can’t be gimmicky for 12 weeks.

Wait, what?

Yes, I 100% agree with you on that. Was that the argument, Fleck versus Campbell? I was discussing Fleck vs BK at the same point in their careers.
If you were talking Fleck vs Campbell, then I apologize, you are correct.
I am 100% behind Kelly!
I do not want PJ at this time at ND. Kelly and his staff are awesome!

They actually arent winning at a higher rate than the previous 3 years before he got there
The winning percentage is slightly higher with Fleck, but more importantly the program is trending up.

Year Win Loss Win %
2014 8 5 62%
2015 6 7 46%
2016 9 4 69%
Before Fleck 23 16 59%
2017 5 7 42%
2018 7 6 54%
2019 11 2 85%
Fleck 23 15 61%

Nope, not comparing Kelly and Fleck. Fleck and Campbell yes

Still curious?
How can this season be better than the 7 seasons they won the National Title?
The “buffoon” who liked your post can answer as well...

Did Fleck violate you sexually or something.. you are acting so outraged at Minnesota's win.. Idiot like you should know that it's a big deal to win 11 games @ Minnesota when they haven't done it in forever granted that they play one extra game now a days.. You keep comparing that team and coach to Kelly when Minnesota gets little crumbs in recruiting while ND gets cream of the crop as does Auburn and Penn state..

That’s the point I’m trying to make. It works at Minnesota, Houston, Purdue, etc...
Won’t work at ND.
For example, as a coach of ND he would beat USC & Michigan on emotion, but then lose to Navy, a G5 team & another random team every season. 9-3 doesn’t make the CFP.
Brohm, Herman, Fleck all win games they shouldn’t, and everybody gets pumped, then they lose a bunch of games they shouldn’t. They will never go 12-0. They can’t be gimmicky for 12 weeks.
Good points. You might be right. I think Fleck will keep winning and will get an opportunity at a Tier 1 program eventually. Only time will tell if he flames out. So far, he has been a good coach IMO.

Okay now we are blaming the schedule. How many teams finished with 11 wins? How many?

That was a good PSU team and a good Auburn team.

Yes, their schedule was weak. Sorry the FCS game is worthless to me so it's 11 wins with an asterisk. To be fair, I feel the same way when the SEC teams play a FCS team.

Looking at the top 25 teams, I can count 15 with 11 or more wins........next question?

“Obviously wrong.”

There’s your answer.

That’s your opinion, not a fact as you state. And out of respect for our friendship I don’t mention the times your peers 100% disagree with you. I often don’t agree with you. You act as if your opinion is the only opinion. I played D1, I played (and beat) ND. I know a lot more about D1 football than you. I’ve NEVER brought that into our conversations. I’m fact, I repeatedly admit on here, probably 50 times, that I’m not a talent evaluator like you & people should listen to you on recruiting, not me. But I do know the reality of big time football & that’s why I take exception to many things said on here.
I will agree with you when I agree, and I will disagree when I disagree. I do the same with ND football. I say both positive & negative. Different people choose to pick & choose which they want to hear.
But I’m always going to be 100% true to how I feel.
I try really, really hard (and often fail) not to cone across as an arrogant a-hole. But to be honest, I’m starting to get sick of people who really don’t know the reality of Major D1 football talking out their buttholes.
That doesn’t change my respect for your recruiting analysis, or our mutual military connection, but I honestly think you are wrong on certain things & will tell you when so. I’m sure you would rather me do that than kiss your ass, right?

Farly my man,

I don't care if you disagree with me. I'm not at all offended if you offer your opinion and challenge mine. I'm more-than-happy to read and consider somebody else's opinion. If you think you know more about college football than me, that's fine. Maybe you do. I'm sure there are others that do as well. It's a big world, there a lot of experts out there.

But we're talking about irrefutable facts here. How many games Jerry Kill won at Minnesota. How many games were won by his predecessors at Minnesota. That's not an opinion-based conversation. That's what they won. I have no problem with you being wrong about both of those topics, but you were in fact wrong...

We can disagree about whether Kill or Fleck did / is doing a better job. That's an opinion / nuance based discussion and I'm happy to engage in it with you. Although you've already state with emphasis that you know more about college football than I do, so maybe you don't think it's worth the debate because you must be right?

What I'm curious about is why when you are wrong, like you were (when I was right) about the Michigan game, and when you were wrong about Kill's record at Minnesota and Minnesota's record leading up to Kill's tenure... I'm suddenly drawing comparisons to frauds that had never seen combat but were lecturing you about it. That seems like an extreme stretch.

We're all wrong at times. No matter how much you think you know about college football. You've already made the claim that you know more than me, yet you've been factually wrong twice in this thread and you were clearly wrong leading up to the Michigan game... At the same time, I was factually wrong in this thread when I called Fleck's win today a "New Years 6" win. I simply thanked the posters in the thread that pointed it out to me and I'm moving on. I did the same thing the other day when I said something that was inaccurate. Just thanked the person for the correction, admitted I was wrong and loved on.

Compare that to you disappearing for 2+ months after you were wrong in the Michigan thread, or going into a tirade Bout being tired of people and knowing more than me simply because I corrected you today...

I'm just wondering if you're ok. You seem unable to handle being wrong about something lately. I'm concerned that something's up with you... If there is, and you want to discuss it in private, feel free to reach out in a PM. You seem like you're lashing out lately, rather than just debating and moving on.

Campbell 26-25 pathetic.
Campbell took over a much much worse program than Fleck

Campbell has pushed Iowa State way past they were the 3 years prior

Fleck took over a team that was 23 and 16 prior to him being there. He has now gone 23 and 15 in his 3 years.

HUGE IMPROVEMENT Lol

Did Fleck violate you sexually or something.. you are acting so outraged at Minnesota's win.. Idiot like you should know that it's a big deal to win 11 games @ Minnesota when they haven't done it in forever granted that they play one extra game now a days.. You keep comparing that team and coach to Kelly when Minnesota gets little crumbs in recruiting while ND gets cream of the crop as does Auburn and Penn state..

“Idiot”
Actually, no. I was violated by someone else as a child, thus my chip on my shoulder to become a D1 athlete in two sports at a service academy, serve active in a special unit, then fight professionally, become a medical researcher, and now an active volunteer with children.
Fleck on the other hand cheated on his pregnant wife with a stripper, who he then impregnated, & left his wife & child for.

Farly my man,

I don't care if you disagree with me. I'm not at all offended if you offer your opinion and challenge mine. I'm more-than-happy to read and consider somebody else's opinion. If you think you know more about college football than me, that's fine. Maybe you do. I'm sure there are others that do as well. It's a big world, there a lot of experts out there.

But we're talking about irrefutable facts here. How many games Jerry Kill won at Minnesota. How many games were won by his predecessors at Minnesota. That's not an opinion-based conversation. That's what they won. I have no problem with you being wrong about both of those topics, but you were in fact wrong...

We can disagree about whether Kill or Fleck did / is doing a better job. That's an opinion / nuance based discussion and I'm happy to engage in it with you. Although you've already state with emphasis that you know more about college football than I do, so maybe you don't think it's worth the debate because you must be right?

What I'm curious about is why when you are wrong, like you were (when I was right) about the Michigan game, and when you were wrong about Kill's record at Minnesota and Minnesota's record leading up to Kill's tenure... I'm suddenly drawing comparisons to frauds that had never seen combat but were lecturing you about it. That seems like an extreme stretch.

We're all wrong at times. No matter how much you think you know about college football. You've already made the claim that you know more than me, yet you've been factually wrong twice in this thread and you were clearly wrong leading up to the Michigan game... At the same time, I was factually wrong in this thread when I called Fleck's win today a "New Years 6" win. I simply thanked the posters in the thread that pointed it out to me and I'm moving on. I did the same thing the other day when I said something that was inaccurate. Just thanked the person for the correction, admitted I was wrong and loved on.

Compare that to you disappearing for 2+ months after you were wrong in the Michigan thread, or going into a tirade Bout being tired of people and knowing more than me simply because I corrected you today...

I'm just wondering if you're ok. You seem unable to handle being wrong about something lately. I'm concerned that something's up with you... If there is, and you want to discuss it in private, feel free to reach out in a PM. You seem like you're lashing out lately, rather than just debating and moving on.

Something wrong with me? What?
I appreciate your concern... I’m fine.

Wrong about Michigan game? What are you talking about?

And I didn’t disappear for two months, I was cancelled. I posted the entire story on here. Literally 10 minutes before kickoff a certain person cancelled me. I was not able to post.

Campbell took over a much much worse program than Fleck

Campbell has pushed Iowa State way past they were the 3 years prior

Fleck took over a team that was 23 and 16 prior to him being there. He has now gone 23 and 15 in his 3 years.

HUGE IMPROVEMENT Lol
Again, I will say, all that matters is the Minnesota fanbase could not be happier and the Minnesota administration is pretty happy as well.

Oh, if Campbell was at Minnesota? 11 wins this season? PJ at Iowa State this year, are the Cyclones a mighty 7-6 or would they be 8-5 with a win over Notre Dame in the Camping bowl?

“Idiot”
Actually, no. I was violated by someone else as a child, thus my chip on my shoulder to become a D1 athlete in two sports at a service academy, serve active in a special unit, then fight professionally, become a medical researcher, and now an active volunteer with children.
Fleck on the other hand cheated on his pregnant wife with a stripper, who he then impregnated, & left his wife & child for.

I have always felt that a person who has to parrot their accomplishments to random people on sports forum has some sort of insecurity. What Fleck did or didn't do in his personal life what business is that of yours?

What’s your point?

The thread title is about how Minnesota beat Auburn.

PJ had a good year at Minnesota. His new contract and the excitement of the fan base shows that.

Funny, you guys wanna tear down PJ, while Minnesota is doing everything it can to keep him.

One day you guys will man up and admit when your wrong.
I was agreeing with the original premise (I think) ... that Fleck and Minnesota had a very good (not great) season ... probably similar to ND in 2017 finishing off the year with a Jan 1 victory over a strong SEC team. What will become of Fleck now? Will he elevate recruiting and create a strong program at Minnesota (akin to Wisconsin since Alvarez)? Will he settle in and be just an above average and sometimes dangerous trap game on everyone’s schedule (akin to Fitzgerald at NW)? Will he move on to USC and restore the glory (akin to Urban at UF and OSU)? Or did we see the best of PJ, and he will trade up to a blue blood school who gives him the final needed tools to prove he’s a top tier coach and then flame out and be fired (akin to Charlie Strong at UT)? The PJ Fleck story is not yet written ... he’s just entered the conversation. That’s it, that was my point.

Again, I will say, all that matters is the Minnesota fanbase could not be happier and the Minnesota administration is pretty happy as well.

Oh, if Campbell was at Minnesota? 11 wins this season? PJ at Iowa State this year, are the Cyclones a mighty 7-6 or would they be 8-5 with a win over Notre Dame in the Camping bowl?
With Minnesota schedule I'd say most coaches get to 10 wins for sure.

Campbell was better at Toledo than Fleck was at Western.

I would say they are similar at their power 5 schools but Campbell had to totally rebuild when Fleck did not

They wouldnt beat ND I do know that

Something wrong with me? What?
I appreciate your concern... I’m fine.

Wrong about Michigan game? What are you talking about?

And I didn’t disappear for two months, I was cancelled. I posted the entire story on here. Literally 10 minutes before kickoff a certain person cancelled me. I was not able to post.

I must have missed your post about being unable to post here for a few months. I thought you must have followed Bryan over to his new board... I apologize if your lack of posting was because you were unable.

As for what I'm talking about relative to the Michigan game, I'm happy to leave the thread in the past. I'm not trying to start a bitch fight.

Just Vs

#3 Oklahoma
#4 TCU
#6 West Virginia

Is that good or no?
Those are the three best?
#4 PSU
#12 Auburn

Every bit the teams you listed.

Oh, unfortunately Iowa St finished that season 8-5 and Unranked

Give credit where credit is due. Fleck has done a great job -- and the best coach in college football, Dabo, is very emotional. Fleck has impressed me.

That said, I believe the Irish beat both of those teams and the two rose bowl teams (and Baylor who is playing Georgia's JV right now) I watched today. Our defense is good.

Of the coaches out there who impress me to take over when Kelly decides to move on:

Satterfield
Fleck
Ruhle

Those are the three best?
#4 PSU
#12 Auburn

Every bit the teams you listed.

Oh, unfortunately Iowa St finished that season 8-5 and Unranked
Wins against 3, 4, and 6 is much better than 4 and 12.... lol. Were u serious or messing around?

Campbell at toledo 36 and 15
Fleck at Western 30 and 22

Neither are better than Kelly. I think we agree there? Id take Campbell slightly over Fleck. We disagree here.

Campbell took over a much worse program than Fleck and built it up.
Fleck took over a 9 win team and actually went down to 5 wins in first yr

Minn 3 yrs prior 23 and 16
Under Fleck 23 and 15

Sorry I dont see much. 1 very good season at Minn. Other than that not much

Give credit where credit is due. Fleck has done a great job -- and the best coach in college football, Dabo, is very emotional. Fleck has impressed me.

That said, I believe the Irish beat both of those teams and the two rose bowl teams (and Baylor who is playing Georgia's JV right now) I watched today. Our defense is good.

Of the coaches out there who impress me to take over when Kelly decides to move on:

Satterfield
Fleck
Ruhle
Id go

Rhule
Satterfield

No Fleck. At least not yet. Hasnt done much

Wins against 3, 4, and 6 is much better than 4 and 12.... lol. Were u serious or messing around?

Neither are better than Kelly. I think we agree there? Id take Campbell slightly over Fleck. We disagree here.

Under Fleck 23 and 15

TCU and WV? WV barley ended up in the top 25.

Yes, 1 very good season for PJ.

Has Campbell had a equally good season at Iowa St?

Minnesota never won 9 games With the staff previous to PJ arriving. 8-5 is the best they did. 6-5 the year before PJ.

TCU and WV? WV barley ended up in the top 25.

Yes, 1 very good season for PJ.

Has Campbell had a equally good season at Iowa St?

Minnesota never won 9 games With the staff previous to PJ arriving. 8-5 is the best they did. 6-5 the year before PJ.
3 teams ranked in the top 6.

The year before Fleck took over, Minnesota went 9 and 4. He dropped them down to 5 wins his first year

Under Fleck 23 and 15

Iowa St looks like a program headed in the wrong direction.
Fleck vs Campbell is a debate that Cyclone and Gopher fans can have.

I like where Kelly has Notre Dame headed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT