ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Fleck shoves the whole boat up Auburns backside!

Good for Minnesota.

I’m not sure how Auburn was ranked that high, but good win nonetheless

LOL

Okay.

So Minnesota won the title? Made the CFP? Won the Rose Bowl? Won the B1G? Won the Division?

Cool.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Emotional, fiery coach=emotional, fiery players.. it ain't rocket science peeps...

What happened all the other times they lost when he was .500?
Or the blowout losses?
Is he the new Brohm, Herman, Campbell?

I love how people get fired up over the flavor of the month. What was his record last year (under .500) against the 75th ranked SOS?

Or the blowout losses?

I love how people get fired up over the flavor of the month. What was his record last year (under .500) against the 75th ranked SOS?

Your comments are pretty stupid.. Do you know Minnesota gets 2 and 3 star players and are no where close to Auburn or ND in talent yet they pulled off a huge upset..

Reactions: d1042
Your comments are pretty stupid.. Do you know Minnesota gets 2 and 3 star players and are no where close to Auburn or ND in talent yet they pulled off a huge upset..
Hes 23 and 15 at Minnesota after going 30 and 22 at western Michigan.

Kinda meh

Hes 23 and 15 at Minnesota after going 30 and 22 at western Michigan.

Kinda meh

That's because level of talent he gets is far inferior to most of their competition. Check out recruiting rankings for Minnesota.. Minnesota hasn't won 11 games since 1904.. This is a huge accomplishment for their coach and team no matter how much you try to downgrade their performance..

Minnesota recruiting rankings for last 3 years..

Reactions: DublinND
That's because level of talent he gets is far inferior to most of their competition. Check out recruiting rankings for Minnesota.. Minnesota hasn't won 11 games since 1904.. This is a huge accomplishment for their coach and team no matter how much you try to downgrade their performance..

Minnesota recruiting rankings for last 3 years..

Yeah this was a good performance

Or the blowout losses?

Fleck took a mordibund program to a bowl win over a top SEC team... Kelly's last big win was what 2012 over Oklahoma?

Fleck took a mordibund program to a bowl win over a top SEC team... Kelly last's last big win was what 2012 over Oklahoma?
Actually, last year vs. Meatchicken. Then you can throw in the Citrus Bowl Victory two years ago against LSU.

It is what it is: a win over a 3 loss (now 4 loss) Auburn team that if it had been ND would have been downplayed as a win against a down Auburn team. I knew the Fleck cheerleader would post something but to call this a great win is stretching it. Good for Minnesota but when they needed to win the big games this year, they didn't.

Reactions: hvillebill
I'm glad for Minnesota - they had a good run this year. I have always rooted for the Big 10/B1G in games other than ND.

Reactions: d1042
I will say this...

Way more impressed with what Fleck is doing at Minnesota than with what Campbell is doing at Iowa State, with a similar level of talent.

I'll take 23-15 in 3 years while rebuilding Minnesota, culminating with a 11-2 record and a New Years 6 win against a top 15 SEC team today... Over 26-25 in 4 years while rebuilding Iowa State, with never more than 8 wins and a regression (7-6) in year 4, with a team composed mostly of Campbell's guys.

JMO.

It is what it is: a win over a 3 loss (now 4 loss) Auburn team that if it had been ND would have been downplayed as a win against a down Auburn team. I knew the Fleck cheerleader would post something but to call this a great win is stretching it. Good for Minnesota but when they needed to win the big games this year, they didn't.

Oh really? They beat Penn State and Auburn both are big time wins given that Auburn and Penn State have huge advantage in talent compare to Minnesota..

Actually, last year vs. Meatchicken.[/QUOTE
ND beating the Skunkbears wasn't an upset last year.. anyway, my main point was college players will run thru a wall for a fiery coach.. BK is about as inspiring as a light post.

A really good coach surrounded by a really good coaching staff.

I wanted Fleck as HC for years. Minnesota is not Ohio State right now. However, they are getting closer.

I will say this...

Way more impressed with what Fleck is doing at Minnesota than with what Campbell is doing at Iowa State, with a similar level of talent.

I'll take 23-15 in 3 years while rebuilding Minnesota, culminating with a 11-2 record and a New Years 6 win against a top 15 SEC team today... Over 26-25 in 4 years while rebuilding Iowa State, with never more than 8 wins and a regression (7-6) in year 4, with a team composed mostly of Campbell's guys.

JMO.
I'll say this

Campbell took over a 3 and 9 team the year before he got there. 5 and 19 previous 2 years

Fleck took over a 9 and 4 team the year before he got there. 15 and 11 previous 2 years.

Iowa State was in much much worse shape than Minnesota was.

Iowa states SOS this year was 24th
Minnesota was 58th

Gotta use context

I will say this...

JMO.
I'll also add

Campbell was 36 and 15 at Toledo
Fleck was 30 and 22 at Western Michigan

I’m not saying he’s not a good coach, but people are gushing about how they’ve done this year yet ND has won 10+ games three years running and people still want Kelly gone.

At some point we’ll need a new coach but let’s see how Fleck does in the next 2-3 years. At one point Frost was the can’t-miss hire but Nebraska fans are having buyer’s remorse. Herman was “the guy” for Texas but they lost five times this year.

how many new years 6 bowls has BK won in 10 years?

I couldn’t care less.
He has played for TWO national titles.
I’d rather lose by a trillion playing for a title than win a meaningless bowl.
But I’m not a loser. I compete.

Pretty stupid?
He coaches in the B1G West. LOL
Last year people were saying the same about Brohm. And it wasn’t a huge upset.
Don’t come on here trying to call my comments stupid when you are uneducated.
I played on a team who beat Lou Holtz & ND in South Bend in ‘96. We were a 4 score underdog. I guess Lou Holtz can’t coach?

Fleck took a mordibund program to a bowl win over a top SEC team... Kelly's last big win was what 2012 over Oklahoma?

That averaged 9 wins a year (more than Fleck) under Jerry Kill. He took over a winning program. His overall record is still .500

I will say this...

JMO.

Minnesota wasnt rebuilding

They had a coach who averaged 9 wins a season who had heart problems & seizure, which forces him to retire.
His replacement was also winning but was fired (wrongly) over a Title IX lawsuit.
Then Fleck took over a program that had two previous winning coaches & a winning culture. He then went on to go .500

Reactions: Classic Irish
I'll say this

Campbell took over a 3 and 9 team the year before he got there. 5 and 19 previous 2 years

Fleck took over a 9 and 4 team the year before he got there. 15 and 11 previous 2 years.

Iowa State was in much much worse shape than Minnesota was.

Iowa states SOS this year was 24th
Minnesota was 58th

Gotta use context
Context? You want context?

They just beat one of the top SEC teams this season! An Auburn team that Lost to LSU by 3 points and held them to 23.

Cyclones embarrassed in the Camping bowl.

How’s that for context?

Pretty stupid?
He coaches in the B1G West. LOL
Last year people were saying the same about Brohm. And it wasn’t a huge upset.
Don’t come on here trying to call my comments stupid when you are uneducated.
I played on a team who beat Lou Holtz & ND in South Bend in ‘96. We were a 4 score underdog. I guess Lou Holtz can’t coach?
Ummm, who did they beat today?

Fleck can flat out coach. You don’t go undefeated at Western Michigan and 11-2 at Minnesota without being a good coach.

Is he better than Kelly, not yet IMO. Kelly has accomplished way more, but Kelly has been coaching longer.

BK did more at the same point of their careers than Fleck.
BK won multiple titles in lower division. Fleck did not.
BK won at Central Michigan. Same as Fleck at Western Michigan.
Kelly went undefeated at small P5 program Cincy in P5 conference & competition, Fleck did not.
Kelly went undefeated twice and played for two titles at the Mecca of College football against the best competition in the country. Fleck isn’t close to that.

That averaged 9 wins a year (more than Fleck) under Jerry Kill. He took over a winning program. His overall record is still .500

Jerry Kill coached at Minnesota from 2011-2015.

In 4 years under Jerry Kill Minnesota has gone...

3-9
6-7
8-5
8-5
6-7

3+6+8+8+6 ÷ 5 = 6.2 wins per year

In 3 years under PJ Fleck Minnesota has gone...

5-7
7-6
11-2

5+7+6 ÷ 3 = 7.6 wins per year

PJ Fleck has absolutely done more at Minnesota than Jerry Kill did. I don't know where you got 9 wins per year from. Fleck has averaged 1.5 more wins per year and just won friggen New Years 6 game in his 3rd year (11-2), something Brian Kelly has yet to do at Notre Dame, something Jim Harbaugh has yet to do at Michigan... Fleck has nowhere near the talent.

Year 3 Minnesota (2019) would beat year 4 Iowa State (2019) by 30 points.

Fleck is doing a great job there. Minnesota is 33rd in 2020 recruiting and is going to finish in the top 25 in 2021 recruiting... He's doing things that haven't been done there in decades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT