ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trump was actually right about something

One would think that proper direction to go would be to come up with something that is an improvement and that benefits ALL citizens and then replace the current plan. That would take leadership from all involved. Unfortunately our politicians lack that very thing.

This kind of trite rhetoric is the real problem. The reason they can't come up with anything better is that there isn't a good solution. Obamacare was just a stepping stone to single payer. Obama said so himself. There are really only two options: government run health care which is exorbitantly expensive, or a private system that doesn't cover everyone. That's it. That's your two choices. This magical "third option" simply doesn't exist.

The real problem is that people don't live in the real world. Some problems simply don't have solutions. You can only do what works best in the real world. You can't take some abstract, utopia idea and try to make it work in reality.

This kind of trite rhetoric is the real problem. The reason they can't come up with anything better is that there isn't a good solution. Obamacare was just a stepping stone to single payer. Obama said so himself. There are really only two options: government run health care which is exorbitantly expensive, or a private system that doesn't cover everyone. That's it. That's your two choices. This magical "third option" simply doesn't exist.

The real problem is that people don't live in the real world. Some problems simply don't have solutions. You can only do what works best in the real world. You can't take some abstract, utopia idea and try to make it work in reality.
The real problem is the republicans dont care about Americans or they wouldnt support tax cuts for billionaires while trying to take away healthcare for 16 million real americans. Reps dont care about Americans or they would not support a fake president who is a liar, traitor and a moron.

Reactions: Islero

I am a big proponent of the single payer system. Build a few less warplanes and ships.

Reactions: Islero
Trump is moving oldman Jeff Sessions to be in charge of Homeland security where he can do the most good. Are you satisfied you Neocon mouth breather? Trump is doing a GREAT job with or without your fickle support !
Bodi watching too many Faux shows to get his information.

Not meaning to be harsh, but if you landed employment, your health care would probably be cut in half. Without Obamacare, you'd likely be paying $2K a month.

not true. you can get insurance through insurance companies or agents which I looked into too also. The cost is much less than crappy obamacare. The problem you cannot have a pre-existing condition such as type 2 diabetes which I have. The costs average roughly 200-300 a month. So you are then forced on the obamacare BS . So you may think its good . its not

16 million americans that still have health insurance today think McCain is a hero and comrade Trumpsky is still a liar, traitor and moron along with the rest of his disgraced party.

This is the CBO BS. you are a true f.. moron. You have no clue about this subject and anything else in this world. The CBO has been wrong on everything. And that said millions of people do not have fing insurance like me because can not afford it . It is the worst plan ever.

IF you are going to have a system to national health care the cheapest way to implement it this country and the most productive would be to offer a catastrophic plan to all, Catastrophic plans are cheap., you would still need insurance but you eliminate ridiculous mandates that caused Obamacare to be a POS. I realize I am posting with a left wing drone dunce who may not want to admit the many flaws with obamacare.

What is expensive about insurance is not catastrophes that may happen like cancer or getting hit by a bus. The real cost is day to day care combined with an emergency. So you eliminate catastrophe part of insurance that would mean any pending problem over a certain amount of money would be covered and paid by the tax dollars you would pay. It would be like an additional Medicare tax probably less. And then if you go unemployed or go in your own business you would need insurance to supplement that and the cost would be much cheaper. this is what should happen. OBamacare is a POS that is hurting businesses and keeping people from getting insurance because of the cost .

The real problem is the republicans dont care about Americans or they wouldnt support tax cuts for billionaires while trying to take away healthcare for 16 million real americans. Reps dont care about Americans or they would not support a fake president who is a liar, traitor and a moron.

Who are the 16 million? Who's coming up with this number? Are these people CHOOSING not to PAY for health coverage? Also what about upsetting the entire system for a small minority? Bottom line is a few RINO's lied. They voted a few times for a repeal and put it on Obama's desk. Knowing that this was all a farce. Mccain, Collins, and Murkowski should just leave the GOP. Also what's lost in everything is the growing Medicaid problem. The numbers are astronomical in NYS. I'm being honest I really didn't know the difference between medicaid and medicare. I thought it was a program for older folks when they retired. Come to realize that Medicaid is a form of welfare. Half of the USA babies last year were born using Medicaid.

Presidents Obama did just that, and look at the shape our military infrastructure is in.

The good news for you is they are hiring in Cuba.
Echo, There is a great Notre Dame bar in Niagara Falls on the NYS side. Gadowski's on 3rd street. Make a weekend out of it. Hit the fall's then the mall's. Look at all the Canadian cars on the USA side doing their shopping. Nothing is free in the world.

not true. you can get insurance through insurance companies or agents which I looked into too also. The cost is much less than crappy obamacare. The problem you cannot have a pre-existing condition such as type 2 diabetes which I have. The costs average roughly 200-300 a month. So you are then forced on the obamacare BS . So you may think its good . its not
So in effect you're saying that while the cost is less, the coverage is not as good. Seems that that makes Obamacare a decidedly preferable option. At any rate, Obamacare would be a much cheaper and better deal than your current predicament.

So in effect you're saying that while the cost is less, the coverage is not as good. Seems that that makes Obamacare a decidedly preferable option. At any rate, Obamacare would be a much cheaper and better deal than your current predicament.

You are another idiot lefty drone. there is only one good thing about Obamacare. Pre-existing care. The rest is bloated BS. I should have an effing choice. not a one system fits all. I do not need birth control. I am not a female. The deductibles are anywhere from about 7000 to 15k. It is essentially a bloated catastrophic plan that covers nothing because of the yearly deductible, You have no clue what you are talking about.

You are another idiot lefty drone. there is only one good thing about Obamacare. Pre-existing care. The rest is bloated BS. I should have an effing choice. not a one system fits all. I do not need birth control. I am not a female. The deductibles are anywhere from about 7000 to 15k. It is essentially a bloated catastrophic plan that covers nothing because of the yearly deductible, You have no clue what you are talking about.
Lol. Also don't forget the sex change, that's in there too. Smh

Reactions: ndfi65
LOL, you're calling everybody an idiot or a moron, but you're the dumb chump who can't get a job and is forced to play exorbitant health care costs. I love how you embrace a cheap health care plan but with the qualifier that it doesn't cover preexisting conditions. In effect, you want cheap coverage for something that might have you get a lot more than what you pay into it. This is hilarious. And you don't realize that if you ever do land a job, Obamacare allows you to change jobs and still be covered....it's called portability. What you call the stupid mandate allows this to be achieved. The young and healthy think that they're immortal, don't want to be for health care, and risk having problems, and they are also "smartly" taking that risk on behalf of their families. So embrace private health care and insurers that treat coverage as a profit making operation.....psst, it isn't designed for you to benefit from the profits.

Reactions: benko's army
LOL, you're calling everybody an idiot or a moron, but you're the dumb chump who can't get a job and is forced to play exorbitant health care costs. I love how you embrace a cheap health care plan but with the qualifier that it doesn't cover preexisting conditions. In effect, you want cheap coverage for something that might have you get a lot more than what you pay into it. This is hilarious. And you don't realize that if you ever do land a job, Obamacare allows you to change jobs and still be covered....it's called portability. What you call the stupid mandate allows this to be achieved. The young and healthy think that they're immortal, don't want to be for health care, and risk having problems, and they are also "smartly" taking that risk on behalf of their families. So embrace private health care and insurers that treat coverage as a profit making operation.....psst, it isn't designed for you to benefit from the profits.

How in the hell is the ACA going to allow you do anything when it can't even support its own weight.
It is unsustainable but please keep your head in the sand.
You want to blast insurance companies in this rant failing to realize insurance companies profits almost doubled under Obama's tenure

Reactions: zonairish
How in the hell is the ACA going to allow you do anything when it can't even support its own weight.
It is unsustainable but please keep your head in the sand.
You want to blast insurance companies in this rant failing to realize insurance companies profits almost doubled under Obama's tenure
You keep waxing poetic about the "failure" of Obamacare but refuse to read articles (including one I provided you) about how things have stabilized. Why do you suppose the latest polls show that 70% of Americans support retaining Obamacare and have Congress work on improving elements of the program? Of course insurance companies are going to profit, that's why they operate.. Last I heard there was no Santa Claus Insurance Co. providing everything. One reason insurance companies have profited is that some umpteen million more people are receiving insurance. Do you think their premiums have anything to do with the profits?

Trumpsky is still a liar, traitor and moron along with the rest of his disgraced party.
then what would you call Obama then since he was the one who signed that god awful deal with iran who supports terrorists and that really bad paris climate deal. police officers were talked to by fox news after a great speech was given to them by Trump and some of them talked basically about how Obama never supported them. Trump has made some mistakes along the way but he is a lot better than that Obama scumbag who shit all over America with some of his decisions that he signed into place

Last edited:

Hey dumbass it was a poorly thought out and implemented plan. As far as my job situation I work periodic contract work and a part time job . that said its not consistent. so I look. You have no clue .

You keep waxing poetic about the "failure" of Obamacare but refuse to read articles (including one I provided you) about how things have stabilized. Why do you suppose the latest polls show that 70% of Americans support retaining Obamacare and have Congress work on improving elements of the program? Of course insurance companies are going to profit, that's why they operate.. Last I heard there was no Santa Claus Insurance Co. providing everything. One reason insurance companies have profited is that some umpteen million more people are receiving insurance. Do you think their premiums have anything to do with the profits?

First I wonder how that pole would stand if it included, or would you rather have the healthcare insurance prior to the ACA being implemented.

Second you complain about insurance companies profits …"psst, it isn't designed for you to benefit from the profits."
Then when a counter is presented that the ACA and Rich the insurance companies you statev ...."Last I heard there was no Santa Claus Insurance Co. providing everything"....

Sounds to me you want it both ways

Now do you need the links to reputable sources which give clear evidence that the ACA is unsustainable

Personally I think you already read them and are desperately hoping nobody else is

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Hey dumbass it was a poorly thought out and implemented plan. As far as my job situation I work periodic contract work and a part time job . that said its not consistent. so I look. You have no clue .
Believe what you want, after our few post exchanges, I am now totally indifferent to your dire plight and mounting financial costs. Given your zest to attack others with namecalling, you are a totally unsympathetic figure.

Reactions: hayaka
John McCain is an American hero. His decisive vote last night pulling the plug on the health care repeal effort added further proof. Loved how he earlier voted to extend the debate, and then lowered the boom. This valiant act offsets his gaffe of elevating national embarrassment, Sarah Palin, to celebrity status.

McCain is a joke and the national embarrassment is the Fake news and Obamacare and the criminal Clinton.

First I wonder how that pole would stand if it included, or would you rather have the healthcare insurance prior to the ACA being implemented.

Second you complain about insurance companies profits …"psst, it isn't designed for you to benefit from the profits."
Then when a counter is presented that the ACA and Rich the insurance companies you statev ...."Last I heard there was no Santa Claus Insurance Co. providing everything"....

Sounds to me you want it both ways

Now do you need the links to reputable sources which give clear evidence that the ACA is unsustainable

Personally I think you already read them and are desperately hoping nobody else is
So you think the halcyon days when insurance companies provided scant coverage and excluded preexisting conditions is something people pine for? Why do you think there was an effort (even if you think it was a failed effort) to rectify things? I'm not complaining about insurance companies making profits, provided that they give something of value in return for those profits. I have read the "reputable" studies you cite, and weighed them against what you have refused to look at (I guess intransigent minds shun any other view). That's a bizarre claim to say you think I've read them and am "desperately hoping nobody else is." For one thing, you should rewrite your previous post and clarify what you're trying to say. It's hard to counterpoint a post that is so fraught with ambiguity.

So you think the halcyon days when insurance companies provided scant coverage and excluded preexisting conditions is something people pine for? Why do you think there was an effort (even if you think it was a failed effort) to rectify things? I'm not complaining about insurance companies making profits, provided that they give something of value in return for those profits. I have read the "reputable" studies you cite, and weighed them against what you have refused to look at (I guess intransigent minds shun any other view). That's a bizarre claim to say you think I've read them and am "desperately hoping nobody else is." For one thing, you should rewrite your previous post and clarify what you're trying to say. It's hard to counterpoint a post that is so fraught with ambiguity.
You were complaining about insurance companies nice try to clean that up though.

There is no other bottom line conclusion other than the ACA is going to fail. Believe what you want but you're a victim of your own criticism in regards to "I guess intransigent minds shun any other view" so let it burn this is a states issue constitutionally speaking

Which part of my previous post were you unclear about

You were complaining about insurance companies nice try to clean that up though.

There is no other bottom line conclusion other than the ACA is going to fail. Believe what you want but you're a victim of your own criticism in regards to "I guess intransigent minds shun any other view" so let it burn this is a states issue constitutionally speaking

Which part of my previous post were you unclear about
No, I wasn't complaining about insurance companies making profits. I wouldn't call it complaining, but I was scoffing at those who bitch about their insurance expenses when their conditions require coverage that costs money. If you want to believe that an intransigent mind is one that studies both sides and draws a different conclusion from your strict focus on one side that's your prerogative. Not going to bother to detail where your post was vaguely written. If you think it was fine, well good for you.

No, I wasn't complaining about insurance companies making profits. I wouldn't call it complaining, but I was scoffing at those who bitch about their insurance expenses when their conditions require coverage that costs money. If you want to believe that an intransigent mind is one that studies both sides and draws a different conclusion from your strict focus on one side that's your prerogative. Not going to bother to detail where your post was vaguely written. If you think it was fine, well good for you.

I thought an intransigent mind is a
person who refuses to agree, or compromise

Which I guess all are guilty of

Like I said constitutionally this is a States right issue. Too bad our ex-president constitutional scholar couldn't figure that out

I thought an intransigent mind is a
person who refuses to agree, or compromise

Which I guess all are guilty of

Like I said constitutionally this is a States right issue. Too bad our ex-president constitutional scholar couldn't figure that out
"Intransigent" means having an unwillingness to compromise or alter ones view, particularly in the face of compelling evidence suggesting that that position needs adjusting. For instance, in your assertion that Obamacare is unconstitutional, why doesn't a Supreme Court ruling upholding its constitutionality compel you to soften your stance?

"Intransigent" means having an unwillingness to compromise or alter ones view, particularly in the face of compelling evidence suggesting that that position needs adjusting. For instance, in your assertion that Obamacare is unconstitutional, why doesn't a Supreme Court ruling upholding its constitutionality compel you to soften your stance?

I didn't say it was unconstitutional I said it's a states rights issue which is constitutional

Well there's overwhelming evidence the ACA will fail if nothing is done.
The Democrats in Congress don't want to do anything the moderates don't want to do what's necessary
So let it burn

I didn't say it was unconstitutional I said it's a states rights which is constitutional
Claiming that it is strictly a states rights issue suggests that you're contending that Obamacare is unconstitutional. Pick a lane.

If you had read any of the recent reports providing analysis supporting Obamacare you'd realize that there isn't overwhelming evidence that it is doomed to failure. At the very least, you could find arguments that challenge your ironclad beliefs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT