ADVERTISEMENT

OT Ninth Circuit Again

I'd print out the definition for you but assume you know how to use a dictionary. If not, please let me know.
I think its totally unreasonable to think he should have remained stoic and above it all with what he was going through. Then the libs, who pretty much created the situation, complained about his demeanor. These guys are not super human.

Reactions: rgc7
August 5, 2014
Dear President Obama:
I write as one member of the eight-member U.S. Commission on Civil Rights and not on behalf of the Commission as a whole. It has been widely reported in the press that you are preparing to issue an executive order that purports to grant legal status and work authorization to millions of illegal immigrants. I write to remind you of the disastrous effect of illegal immigration on the employment of all Americans, but particularly black Americans. Any grant of legal status will serve as a magnet to prospective illegal immigrants and further depress employment opportunities and wages for AfricanAmericans. Given that the labor force participation rate is at an historic low, the unemployment rate is 6.2 percent, and there has been a precipitous decline in household wealth, the timing for such a grant of legal status could not be worse.1 Public debate has increasingly focused on the effect of illegal immigration, and low-skilled immigration generally, on the employment and wages of low-skilled American workers.2 You are undoubtedly familiar with this debate, but I will briefly review the data. In 2008, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights held a briefing regarding the impact of illegal immigration on the wages and employment opportunities of AfricanAmericans.3 The testimony at the briefing indicated that illegal immigration disproportionately impacts the wages and employment opportunities of AfricanAmerican men.4 The briefing witnesses, well-regarded scholars from leading universities and independent groups, were ideologically diverse. All the witnesses acknowledged that illegal immigration has a negative impact on black employment, both in terms of employment opportunities and wages. The witnesses differed on the extent of that impact, but every witness agreed that illegal immigration has a discernible negative effect on black employment. For example, Professor Gordon Hanson’s research showed that “Immigration . . . accounts for about 40 percent of the 18 percentage point decline [from 1960-2000] in black employment rates.”5 Professor Vernon Briggs writes that illegal immigrants and blacks (who are disproportionately likely to be low-skilled) often find themselves in competition for the same jobs, and the huge number of illegal immigrants ensures that there is a continual surplus of low-skilled labor, thus preventing wages from rising.6 Professor Gerald Jaynes’s research found that illegal immigrants had displaced U.S. citizens in industries that had traditionally employed large numbers of AfricanAmericans, such as meatpacking.7 Illegal immigration has a disparate impact on African-American men because these men are disproportionately represented in the low-skilled labor force. The Census Bureau released a new report on educational attainment after the Commission issued its report. This report, released in February 2012, found that 50.9 percent of native-born blacks had not continued their education beyond high school.8 The same report found that 75.5 percent of foreign-born Hispanics had not been educated beyond high school, although it does not disaggregate foreign-born Hispanics who are legal immigrants from those who are illegal immigrants.9 However, Professor Briggs estimated that illegal immigrants or former illegal immigrants who received amnesty constitute a third to over a half of the total foreign-born population.10 Foreign-born Hispanics who are in the United States illegally are disproportionately male.11 African-Americans who have not pursued education beyond high school are also disproportionately male.12 These poor educational attainment levels usually relegate both African-American men and illegal immigrant men to the same low-skilled labor market, where they must compete against each other for work.13

Your proposed executive order will also have a negative effect on young AfricanAmericans at the outset of their working lives. Young, low-skilled workers are facing enormous difficulties in this economy. A recent study from the Brookings Institution found, “Only about half of high school graduates not enrolled in post-secondary education and less than 30 percent of high school dropouts worked in a given month in 2011.”14 Black teens had the highest labor underutilization rate (defined as encompassing the unemployed, the unemployed who desire employment but are not actively looking, and the underemployed) of any ethnic group –60 percent.15 Furthermore, “Several variables were negatively associated with teen employment rates in a given metropolitan area. … [including] the presence of immigrants with less than a bachelor’s degree.”16 This will affect young people for the rest of their lives, as those who work during their teenage years have more successful careers than those who did not.17 Granting legal status to millions of people who are in the United States illegally will continue to depress the wages and employment opportunities of African-American men and teenagers. It also will depress the wages and employment opportunities of African-Americas going forward. Since 1986, we have seen that granting legal status to illegal immigrants, or even mere rumors that legal status will be granted, increases illegal immigration. Likewise, the evidence indicates that the flood of illegal immigrants across our southern border is mostly attributable to your directive granting temporary legal status to people allegedly brought to the United States as children. This is unsurprising. When you incentivize bad behavior, you get more of it. The irony is that your administration’s policies operate at cross-purposes. In 2013, the EEOC issued guidance regarding the use of criminal background checks as part of a prisoner re-entry effort.18 The guidance was premised on the fact that African-American males are more likely to have a criminal record, and therefore, according to the EEOC, are more likely to be harmed by the use of criminal background checks.19 Yet you are planning on issuing an executive order that will harm the employment prospects of African-American workers now and for years to come. In one part of the executive branch, the EEOC issues misguided policies in an attempt to increase employment opportunities for African-American men, and in another part of the executive branch, you prepare to issue an executive order that will decrease employment opportunities and wages for those very same African-American men. Additionally, your proposed executive order will have a disparate impact on the basis of national origin. As you know, disparate impact theory holds that a facially neutral policy can nonetheless constitute unlawful discrimination if it disproportionately affects a particular group. The proposed executive order will do just that. It will necessarily disproportionately benefit people who are Mexican and Central American, which means that it will disproportionately disadvantage other ethnic groups. In other contexts, this would be considered a violation of Title VII. Lastly, the proposed executive order is unfair to people who are attempting to immigrate legally. The legal immigration process is cumbersome, time-consuming, and expensive. It took Pablo Pilco, for example, eleven years to receive permanent legal status, even though he was a skilled employee at a religious television network.20 Even bringing a spouse or fiancée to the United States is difficult and expensive.21 Through no fault of their own, people get caught in situations where their families cannot sponsor them for green cards.22 Many of these people are professionals for whom remaining in the country illegally would constitute a black mark on their record that would harm their future career chances. Most of the illegal immigrants who would benefit from your executive order have no skills, so they lose nothing by coming here illegally. Yet your proposed executive order is unlikely to make the visa process less cumbersome for legal immigrants or alleviate visa backlogs. For all these reasons, I urge you to reconsider your proposed executive order.
Sincerely, Peter Kirsanow Commissioner

Last edited:
1 Anna Bernasek, The Typical Household, Now Worth a Third Less, N.Y. Times, July 26, 2014, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/27/business/the-typical-household-now-worth-a-third-less.html?_r=0. 2 Press Release, Senator Jeff Sessions, Sessions: A Vote for the Reid/Schumer Immigration Plan is a Vote Against the American Worker (May 14, 2014), http://www.sessions.senate.gov/publ...on-plan-is-a-vote-against-the-american-worker. 3 U.S. COMMISSIONONCIVILRIGHTS, THEIMPACTOFILLEGALIMMIGRATIONONTHEWAGESAND EMPLOYMENTOPPORTUNITIES OFBLACKWORKERS[hereinafter THEIMPACTOFILLEGALIMMIGRATION], available at http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/IllegImmig_10-14-10_430pm.pdf. 4 Id. at 3, Finding 5: Illegal immigration to the United States in recent decades has tended to depress both wages and employment rates for low-skilled American citizens, a disproportionate number of whom are black men. Expert economic opinions concerning the negative effects range from modest to significant. Those panelists that found modest effects overall nonetheless found significant effects in industry sectors such as meatpacking and construction.

5 Id.,at 26. 6 Id.at 37, 38-39 7 Id.at 31. 8 CAMILLE L.RYAN&JULIESIEBENS, U.S.CENSUSBUREAU, EDUCATIONALATTAINMENTINTHEUNITED STATES: 2009 (Feb. 2012), at 7, available at http://www.census.gov/prod/2012pubs/p20-566.pdf. 9 Id. 10 THEIMPACTOFILLEGALIMMIGRATION, supra note 1, at 35-36. 11 Peter Skerry, Splitting the Difference on Illegal Immigration, NATIONAL AFFAIRS (Winter 2013), at 5 (“Of the undocumented immigrants over the age of 18 currently residing in the U.S., there are approximately 5.8 million males, compared to 4.2 million females.”), available at http://www.nationalaffairs.com/doclib/20130102_Skerry.pdf. 12 THEIMPACTOFILLEGALIMMIGRATION, supra note 3, at 52; see also Anne McDaniel, Thomas A. DiPrete, Claudia Buchmann & Uri Shwed, The Black Gender Gap in Educational Attainment: Historical Trends and Racial Comparisons, 48 DEMOGRAPHY 889, 890 (2011) (“It is well known that black males trail black females on a range of key educational outcomes, including high school graduation, college enrollment, and college completion.”), available at http://jrnetsolserver.shorensteincente.netdnacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/fulltext.pdf.

14 Andrew Sum et al., The Plummeting Labor Market Fortunes of Teens and Young Adults, THE BROOKINGSINSTITUTION, March 2014, at 4, available at http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Research/Files/Reports/2014/03/14 youth workforce/Youth_W orkforce_Report_FINAL.pdf. 15 Id. at 7. 16 Id. at 11. 17 Lydia DePillis, The other unemployment crisis: Teenagers are being left out of the recovery, Wash. Post, May1, 2014, http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...teenagers-are-being-left-out-of-the-recovery/.
18 EQUALEMPLOYMENTOPPORTUNITYCOMMISSION,ENFORCEMENTGUIDANCEONTHECONSIDERATIONOF ARRESTANDCONVICTIONRECORDSINEMPLOYMENTDECISIONSUNDERTITLEVIIOFTHECIVILRIGHTS ACTOF1964[hereinafter GUIDANCE] at note 16, available at http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/arrest_conviction.cfm. 19 See GUIDANCE at 8-10. 20 Bryan Lyman, Immigrants find legal paths to U.S. long, difficult, USA TODAY, Oct. 24, 2011, http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-10-24/legal-immigration-usa/50895150/1. 21 Kelsey Harris, These Newlyweds explain why U.S. immigration system needs fixing, THEDAILY SIGNAL, July 6, 2014, http://dailysignal.com/2014/07/06/newlyweds-explain-u-s-immigration-system-needs-fixing/. 22 Brandon Macknofsky, I Played by the Rules on Immigration. Why is the U.S. Making it so Hard for Me to Become a Doctor?, THEDAILYSIGNAL, July 28, 2014, http://dailysignal.com/2014/07/28/played-rulesimmigration-u-s-making-hard-become-doctor/.

I think its totally unreasonable to think he should have remained stoic and above it all with what he was going through. Then the libs, who pretty much created the situation, complained about his demeanor. These guys are not super human.
Yeah how dare he react negatively to being falsely accused of a crime

I could careless if those states dont want a border wall. Their mess is bleeding into my state of Nebraska.
What do you think the congressmen of those states could possibly say to the parents of Sara Root? Her life was snubbed out by an illegal alien from Honduras.
Did any of the reach out to the Root family and Express why a wall wasn't needed?
No they didn't
Why should my state have to deal with not only that burden but the burden of support the illegals.
If those states feel no need for a border wall and just want to allow them to just enter my country then each one coming across should be marked and never allowed to leave the states they entered in from. If do the penalties need to be so severe that it would send a message to those who wish to consider it.
It's their mess.
Their burden.
On top of that they should not be counted in the censes because our tax dollars should not give money to those reckless states.
Nebraska is an ag state and there are work visas for those who legally want to come. We would welcome them with open arms, but this mess the border states are allowing need to fall on their door step period.

NOW.....why are those congressman from the border states not listening to the border patrol agents?
Quite the harangue, but I didn't ask you whether you cared about their views, just why you think that they, the most directly affected by border activity, aren't moved to support wall funding.

How do you know those congresspeople aren't listening to border patrol agents? Maybe they have listened to the agents and drawn other conclusions based on different information. I'm not even sure how much in lockstep the border agents are in their views. That could be in response to a "don't defy" missive sent from the grand poobah. I do know that all congresspeople along the border are united in being against the wall.

Reactions: Irish Duck
Elaina Kagan'sQuite

Quite the harangue, but I didn't ask you whether you cared about their views, just why you think that they, the most directly affected by border activity, aren't moved to support wall funding.

How do you Know those congresspeople aren't listening to border patrol agents. Maybe they have listened to the agents and drawn other conclusions based on different information. I'm not even sure how much in lockstep the border agents are in their views. That could be in response to a "don't defy" missive sent from the grand poobah. I do know that all congresspeople along the border are united in being against the wall.
Wat
Are you saying the "grand poobah" is influencing their views that have been consistent since bill clinton

How do you know those congresspeople aren't listening to border patrol agents? Maybe they have listened to the agents and drawn other conclusions based on different information. I'm not even sure how much in lockstep the border agents are in their views. That could be in response to a "don't defy" missive sent from the grand poobah. I do know that all congresspeople along the border are united in being against the wall.

So theyvlisten to people on the ground and disregarded their request. Typical
Then they need to keep that mess I their state and stop having it bleed throughout the country.
Why should none border states pick up their tab?

So theyvlisten to people on the ground and disregarded their request. Typical
Then they need to keep that mess I their state and stop having it bleed throughout the country.
Why should none border states pick up their tab?
Not that he's a good example to follow, but Trump has done that all the time. Since border agents are under pressure to express an "official" party line view, maybe they have stated other things in private.

Reactions: benko's army
I love all opinions , regardless of by whom, if they are based upon the Constitution?

I just looked another statistic about the voting records of all the SC Jusices dating back to Reagan.
Just about all the SC Justices voted along with the Party of the President in the majority of cases.
All Those that were appointed by Democrats voted about 65 % of the time With the Democrats.
most of those who were appointed by Republicans voter about the same 65 % with the Republicans.
The exceptions were Souter and Breyer who were appointed by Republicans but voted again about 65 %
With the Democrats.

rgc7, it is not an army of any type. It is a group of desperate people seeking a better life for them and their children. They are not combatants. They are not a militia. They are just desperate people who need help. How sad it is that so many of our countrymen see them as a threat rather than people who should be the subjects of our compassion and generosity.
So regardless of the burden to this nation let them in?
They are not our problem. Charities are there for them....not our tax dollars, not the over crowding of our schools, not to over crowd our medical facilities which they dont pay and are past down to us.

Why doesn't Oregon just take them all in?

Since Obama didn't force a wild standoff with congress and make an ostentacious demand to have Mexico pay for a wall, Mogan didn't face this absurd pressure.
Are you kidding me?
He had a pen and phone he side stepped congress more than president Trump did but, maybe you forgot about the train loads of people flowing in....but besides that Mark Mogan agrees with president Trump....hum why is that?

Btw presidents Trump's approval rating is 50% with Hispanics do you find that odd?

Last edited:
Are you kidding me?
He had a pen and phone he side stepped co gress more than president Trump did but, maybe you forgot about the train loads of people flowing in....but besides that he agrees with president Trump....hum why is that?

Btw presidents Trump's approval rating is 50% with Hispanics do you find that odd?
He was known as deporter in chief. I guess you forgot that. Trumps claim of a 50% approval rating had some contradictory data...only 27% said they'd vote for him.

He was known as deporter in chief. I guess you forgot that. Trumps claim of a 50% approval rating had some contradictory data...on 27% said they'd vote for him.

Why was he deporting so many?
Did he separate children from their mothers?
And yet he never faced an influx like we are seeing now mor the criticism.

Btw here is this and nothing contradictory about it:

What is Donald Trump's approval rating among Latino voters ...
https://www.newsweek.com/what-donald-trumps-approval-rating-latino...

Why was he deporting so many?
Did he separate children from their mothers?
And yet he never faced an influx like we are seeing now mor the criticism.

Btw here is this and nothing contradictory about it:

What is Donald Trump's approval rating among Latino voters ...
https://www.newsweek.com/what-donald-trumps-approval-rating-latino...
Unlike Trump's zero tolerance, Obama did not have blanket policy to separate kids from their families.

Your source does not link, but their is a Newsweek sources that shows the 27% voting stat.

Trump’s tweet also asserts that the last polling survey pointed to a 19 percent increase among Latino support. However, according to a January 2018 PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll, 27 percent of Latino adults approved of the job Trump was doing as president. A year later, the 50 percent of Latino approval would amount to a 23 percent increase, not 19 percent. However, it’s not immediately clear which past poll the president was referencing.

Trump’s tweet on the poll also didn’t mention that 46 percent of Latinos disapproved of his performance as president. Another four percent said they were unsure.

Additionally, just 27 percent of Latinos who were polled said they would definitely vote for Trump in 2020, while 58 percent said they would not.

Reactions: benko's army
Not that he's a good example to follow, but Trump has done that all the time. Since border agents are under pressure to express an "official" party line view, maybe they have stated other things in private.
Again the border agents have said this has been a problem going back 3 presidents

Unlike Trump's zero tolerance, Obama did not have blanket policy to separate kids from their families.

Your source does not link, but their is a Newsweek sources that shows the 27% voting stat.

Trump’s tweet also asserts that the last polling survey pointed to a 19 percent increase among Latino support. However, according to a January 2018 PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll, 27 percent of Latino adults approved of the job Trump was doing as president. A year later, the 50 percent of Latino approval would amount to a 23 percent increase, not 19 percent. However, it’s not immediately clear which past poll the president was referencing.

Trump’s tweet on the poll also didn’t mention that 46 percent of Latinos disapproved of his performance as president. Another four percent said they were unsure.

Additionally, just 27 percent of Latinos who were polled said they would definitely vote for Trump in 2020, while 58 percent said they would not.
President Obama did infact separate patents and their children
Now if 46 percent disapprove than at a minimum 44 + do approve which is bad for the Democrats come election day

Last edited:
Ayatollah Hussein al-obama did have a zero tolerance policy
Which is it
He was the deporter in chief or he changed the definition of how deportations were classified

Since Obama didn't force a wild standoff with congress and make an ostentacious demand to have Mexico pay for a wall, Mogan didn't face this absurd pressure.
Didn't force a wild standoff lol
His record in the supreme court
He even had a standoff towards his own party
His budgetary outline in 3 attempts received virtually no Dem support

Obama Administration has claimed that it's deporting a record number of illegal aliens. But, the Administration is adding numbers to its overall deportation statistics that have not been historically included in the total number of annual deportations. Here's a look at how the Obama Administration has artificially inflated the number of deportations

• Removal numbers have traditionally consisted of legal immigrants who have committed crimes, those who overstay visas, or illegal aliens caught inside the country.
    • The immigration statistics yearbook states that removals are the compulsory and confirmed movement of an inadmissible or deportable alien out of the United States based on an order of removal.
    • An alien who is removed has administrative or criminal consequences placed on subsequent reentry owing to the fact of the removal.
  • In the past, removal numbers did not include “returns,” who are Mexican nationals caught illegally crossing the border by the Border Patrol and returned.
    • According to the yearbook, returns are the confirmed movement of an inadmissible or deportable alien out of the United States not based on an order of removal.
    • Most of the voluntary returns are of Mexican nationals who have been apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol and are returned to Mexico.
  • The Obama administration has started counting certain “returns” as “removals” in order to artificially inflate the numbers and create a “record level” of deportations. Specifically, those caught by the Border Patrol who are shuttled to a different town along the border before they are returned are being dishonestly counted as deportations. This has falsely increased the number of total removals by more than 100,000 for the past two years.
  • In fact, if we count removals and returns together historically, then the Obama administration numbers are not close to “record-setting.” In the 1990s, the totals of returns and removals were well over one million. For example, according to the yearbook of immigration statistics, in 1996, removals and returns numbered more than 1.6 million, up from more than 1.3 million in 1995.

• In an October 2011 roundtable with Hispanic reporters, President Obama himself said the deportation numbers were artificially high because they include those caught at the border:
“The statistics are actually a little deceptive because what we’ve been doing is, with the stronger border enforcement, we’ve been apprehending folks at the borders and sending them back. That is counted as a deportation, even though they may have only been held for a day or 48 hours, sent back – that’s counted as a deportation.”

• On January 31, 2013, White House domestic policy chief Cecilia Muñoz – formerly the Senior Vice President for the Office of Research, Advocacy and Legislation at the National Council of La Raza – blamed Congress for the “record” number of deportations carried out by the Obama administration:
“The government’s job is to do what Congress tells it to do. Congress, under the immigration laws that we’ve got now, Congress requires us to remove people who are removable and gives DHS, frankly, a whole lot of resources to do that job. DHS’s job is to make sure they make the best possible decisions on how they use those resources.”

President Obama did infact separate patents and their children
Now if 46 percent disapprove than at a minimum 44 + do approve which is bad for the Democrats come election day
There were some instances where the enormity of the challenge forced Obama to impose separation. But this was only temporary and his workers quickly reunited families. This is in stark contrast to Trump's separation policy.

Feel free to extract rosey poll scenarios.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT