ADVERTISEMENT

OSU fans

kmass

Irish Insider
Dec 1, 2004
As a Notre Dame season ticketholder, making the first trip to Columbus, OH, AND with 3 young children, it was a great time (except for the final score).

All i kept hearing is that they were the worst fans by far, even more so than Michigan. I heard about bags of urine thrown at fans, opponent fans being in danger, etc. None of that was true. They were very welcoming, friendly, easy to talk with and this was before, during and after the game. They even came up and introduced themselves and my kids got offered treats at osu tailgates. There were alot of nd/osu tailgates and couples. We even passed a osu family and the elderly lady lipped silently ‘Go Irish’ with a big smile on her face (like she was an ND fan in hiding). I would go back there in a heartbeat to see a game.

My Michigan experience was much much worse in Ann Arbor. Cocky, rude, bitter. And even ones on ND’s campus yelling obscenities impropriate for kids to hear (not just cuss words, they were sexually oriented).

Tough loss, but fun time. Go Irish!!! ☘️☘️☘️

Went to both Fiestas bowls (Quinn/Hawk and Jaylon Knee). They’re an incredibly obnoxious fan base/worst I’ve ever dealt with but harmless and enjoy the banter.

Reactions: pem55
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT