ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Night v A&M

Not exactly clear what to take from this. An OL of returning four star starters with good experience that underachieved in part due to scheme and coaching, with near zero experience at the two deep. With a very good new head coach and very good offensive line coach, isn’t it reasonable to project this group as a strength going into the season, rather than a weakness? I have zero familiarity with this team generally or this OL specifically, but seems we have a lot more question marks about our OL than theirs.
The general feeling from aggies fans is they can be mid to top of sec.... If the ol can solidify. They have good skill players that can do lots of damage. However there is zero confidence in the ol. Go watch some of the games last year. The reason that ivey is going to start by the end of the year is they have massive issues technique wise, that likely aren't going to get fixed. Some of that can be covered by the new scheme .. kstate would use motion to manipulate the defense one way and run the opposite which is what will happen this year at a and m. The athleticism that ND has at lb should neutralize a lot of those scheme moves especially because ND should dominate at every position against this line one on one.

The general feeling from aggies fans is they can be mid to top of sec.... If the ol can solidify. They have good skill players that can do lots of damage. However there is zero confidence in the ol. Go watch some of the games last year. The reason that ivey is going to start by the end of the year is they have massive issues technique wise, that likely aren't going to get fixed. Some of that can be covered by the new scheme .. kstate would use motion to manipulate the defense one way and run the opposite which is what will happen this year at a and m. The athleticism that ND has at lb should neutralize a lot of those scheme moves especially because ND should dominate at every position against this line one on one.
There will be over 110,000 home fans at TAM. How would anyone know the general feeling of all TAM fans?

This will be a very tough road game. They're very talented, and Elko's an excellent coach. And the weather will be very hot and humid. It could be our toughest game of the season.

Reactions: IrishMike409
This will be a very tough road game. They're very talented, and Elko's an excellent coach. And the weather will be very hot and humid. It could be our toughest game of the season.
If TAM is, as you say, "very talented..," how do you describe Ohio St. or Georgia?

There will be over 110,000 home fans at TAM. How would anyone know the general feeling of all TAM fans?
Lol... I usually just ignore you but this is such a silly response even from you I'll reply.

Aggies fans that I know that are graduates and season ticket holders and pretty solidly all in with aggies football....

Back to ignore for this guy.

Lol... I usually just ignore you but this is such a silly response even from you I'll reply.

Aggies fans that I know that are graduates and season ticket holders and pretty solidly all in with aggies football....

Thank You.

Damn Mirer, I thought for sure you were speaking for every single one of the 110,000 fans that plan to attend. My bad 😥

Reactions: HDK and mirer03
Too many of you guys are drinking the koolaide. A@M hasn't been relevant since RC Slocum left. Elko is not going to turn it around in one year. Im not falling for the hype, ND by 10-14 points. Don't give a shit about 100K fans and the 12th man

I just can’t see how we lose this game with our defense. We will score more points per game this year unless the OL is way worse than we fear.

Too many of you guys are drinking the koolaide. A@M hasn't been relevant since RC Slocum left. Elko is not going to turn it around in one year. Im not falling for the hype, ND by 10-14 points. Don't give a shit about 100K fans and the 12th man
You may not see this opening road game as a problem, you may not respect anything about TAM; however, Las Vegas feels differently. TAM is a 1.5 favorite for a reason.

IMO, this game could go either way.

If TAM is, as you say, "very talented..," how do you describe Ohio St. or Georgia?
They're probably even more talented, but that's not relevant to us. We don't play them, unless we meet them in the playoff.

You may not see this opening road game as a problem, you may not respect anything about TAM; however, Las Vegas feels differently. TAM is a 1.5 favorite for a reason.

Im taking the Irish at 1.5 for $250 Alex. Easy money...

Because they have very good talent. They have the ability to be a very good team any given day

The reason is simple: talent

Notre Dame in year 3 should be a double digit fav against a program as broken as TAM is rn. Broken as in new coach new system bunch of defections etc etc etc

Despite all of this TAM has an 85 man roster with higher end players on it and that fact alone negates a lot of the other program advantages in other aspects that Notre Dame has. This fact alone should be a testament to the importance of recruiting.

so when Notre Dame brings in another 12th ranked class this cycle with zero 5 star talent while 11 other programs rank higher than them with many of them bringing in multiple 5 star players .... why won't the fans say anything ...? why won't the media say anything ...? why won't the university make any changes ...?

Last edited:
The reason is simple: talent

Notre Dame in year 3 should be a double digit fav against a program as broken as TAM is rn. Broken as in new coach new system bunch of defections etc etc etc

Despite all of this TAM has an 85 man roster with higher end players on it and that fact alone negates a lot of the other program advantages in other aspects that Notre Dame has. This fact alone should be a testament to the importance of recruiting.

so when Notre Dame brings in another 12th ranked class this cycle with zero 5 star talent while 11 other programs rank higher than them with many of them bringing in multiple 5 star players .... why won't the fans say anything ...? why won't the media say anything ...? why won't the university make any changes ...?
We'll land another top 10 class this year and we'll have another top 10 in the team talent composite 247 does

Agreed. Just look at their last 3 games vs. Alabama:

W 41-38
L 20-24
L 20-26

And those were in down seasons, the last of which got their coach fired.
Good point. Their losses were all pretty close last year against solid to good teams. Anything can happen in a game, but I think it’s a fairly even match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT