ADVERTISEMENT

Open the checkbook

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
I said last year and it needs screamed this year....

Open the checkbook, vault...whatever...

Golden should be the highest paid coach on the entire staff. Including the HC.
That won't happen obviously but it damn well should!!!!

We are ferocious on defense...
now two years running.

Quite honestly it's the best our defense has been since Holtz years. Even Including the 12 campaign.

Numbers aside this group creates turnovers and forces bad plays. Tenacious. Opportunistic..

Pay Golden please!!

Thank you

now two years running.

Quite honestly it's the best our defense has been since Holtz years. Even Including the 12 campaign.

Numbers aside this group creates turnovers and forces bad plays. Tenacious. Opportunistic..

Pay Golden please!!

Thank you
How much should he be paid ?

now two years running.

Pay Golden please!!

Thank you
What does “numbers aside” even mean? ND was 28th in defensive efficiency last year, and that includes turnovers forced and what they lead to.

Defensive efficiency is based on defense's contribution to scoring margin on per-play basis, adjusted for strength of opposing offenses faced.

2023: 14th
2022: 28th
2021: 8th
2012: 10th

What does “numbers aside” even mean? ND was 28th in defensive efficiency last year, and that includes turnovers forced and what they lead to.

Defensive efficiency is based on defense's contribution to scoring margin on per-play basis, adjusted for strength of opposing offenses faced.

Yeah I don't agree with those at all. This defense is much better than 21s defense was

Reactions: Kelso86

Numbers aside means simply put the eye test.

Alabama is notoriously a decent defense you'd say, yes?

Oh but they have their share of many games giving up 30 plus or even 40 points.
That's the nature of college football today. Points will be scored no matter what. Yet they step up and make big plays at crucial times.
Clemson's defense under the psycho Venables was very similar.

You have to make big plays at key times which was something devoid from this team for a very long time.

Last year was a big shift in that department only to gave gotten even better this year.

They'd be right on the cusp of getting in the playoff and deservedly so. If DJ Brown just catches that ball.

The point is this defense is playing at a high level especially the secondary. It's been a forever ago you could day that about a collective ND secondary.

now two years running.

Pay Golden please!!

Thank you
You mean the same team that could not generate a pass rush against Ohio State?

Reactions: Chitown11
They really only started to perform in the past 2 games. USC isn't even that good this year and Pitt is atrocious. Calm down.

They really only started to perform in the past 2 games. USC isn't even that good this year and Pitt is atrocious. Calm down.
The Pitt game has nothing to do with it.
Thx

You obviously don't know jack shit about me. Anyone around here will tell ya even when the masses are living in fantasy land I bring them back to reality borough. Irritated at me or not I don't give knee jerk reactions.

• Haha
Yeah...
The same defense that kept OSU at its lowest point total of the year.
The same defense that woulda, coulda, shoulda held them to only 10 points if one player just catches the interception. Or possibly gets the 11th player to participate. Twice.

Yeah that defense.

See in football they don't ask how...they ask if.

I’d argue that Golden has done more with less on field talent, he’s been terrific.
The collective way they play is a breath of fresh air.
Someone always looking to make the next big play.

*Marist is still absolutely atrocious when he isn't blitzing. Playing the LB spot honest he still allows the guard to engage him 5 yards down field.
Blitz him and he's effective.
Keep him home he's awful.

Oh well he'll be done soon

now two years running.

Pay Golden please!!

Thank you
I’ll wait until end of season or certainly after Clemson before I offer to do a Kevin white, thank you

Numbers aside means simply put the eye test.

Alabama is notoriously a decent defense you'd say, yes?

Oh but they have their share of many games giving up 30 plus or even 40 points.
That's the nature of college football today. Points will be scored no matter what. Yet they step up and make big plays at crucial times.
Clemson's defense under the psycho Venables was very similar.

You have to make big plays at key times which was something devoid from this team for a very long time.

Last year was a big shift in that department only to gave gotten even better this year.

They'd be right on the cusp of getting in the playoff and deservedly so. If DJ Brown just catches that ball.

The point is this defense is playing at a high level especially the secondary. It's been a forever ago you could day that about a collective ND secondary.
How much should he be paid ?

That SAME OSU team that is undefeated and #1 in the country (well, in the poll that matters). That SAME OSU team who barely scored 17 (and was darn lucky to do so). That SAME OSU team that has the best receivers in the country but could not get a consistent pass game going.

ND's defense stood toe to toe with that same team. Just needed to finish the job.

Who has generated any pass rush on OSU on a consistent basis? They are undefeated for a reason.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
To me, this is Freeman’s defense though perhaps Golden wants to stay. I’d imagine he wants another shot at being head coach. He has around 10 years as an FBS coach.

I personally have been adamant that the LB’s have been underrated for a while now. Golden’s worth at ND is as a LB coach IMO. DC has been hit or miss and I think Freeman has a major hand with what’s going on.

I’d also like to add that big plays happen for a multitude of reasons (including an element of luck) and can’t always be relied on. They are very hit and miss. Alignment, assignment, technique are the best for evaluating a DC’s worth IMO.

I’m definitely encouraged by the defense though I still think ND may be too multiple.

To me, this is Freeman’s defense though perhaps Golden wants to stay. I’d imagine he wants another shot at being head coach. He has around 10 years as an FBS coach.

I personally have been adamant that the LB’s have been underrated for a while now. Golden’s worth at ND is as a LB coach IMO. DC has been hit or miss and I think Freeman has a major hand with what’s going on.

I’d also like to add that big plays happen for a multitude of reasons (including an element of luck) and can’t always be relied on. They are very hit and miss. Alignment, assignment, technique are the best for evaluating a DC’s worth IMO.

I’m definitely encouraged by the defense though I still think ND may be too multiple.
All reasoned points !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT