ADVERTISEMENT

Official ND - va game thread ...

Do we have anything other than Tony Jones left in this situation?

Last two weeks our defense has proven they are championship caliber. The offense is still a work in progress.

Reactions: rgc7
Apparently not. Jones is doing all the work and jahmir smith was in there. What did he get 5 touches today. With one guy hurt and one guy gimpy?

You make my point. He doesn’t get consist touches. Hard to get into a rhythm getting 1 touch every 2-3 series.

With all due respect, Virginia is an 8-4 type team at the very best. ND needed to make a statement in this game to put away the Georgia hangover. ND fans seem to always make their opponents, no matter how bad or mediocre, out to be the next world beaters... ND has a ton of issues that will get exposed down the road. Sorry, I see them getting shellacked in the big house and perhaps against USC's athletes...
In the big house?? Who has Michigan beat? Rutgers? Absolutely no one. Just tomato cans.

Who has USC beat?

Clemson almost lost to a tomato can today.

Perhaps this was a motivated Virginia team. Who got outscored 21 to 3 in the 2nd half. Who's qb got abused.

Frankly every team I've seen play this year has issues. Clemson is not looking good. Bama does but hasn't been tested. Lsu gave up 38 points to Vandy. Oklahoma and Ohio st have put up numbers against no one.

You make my point. He doesn’t get consist touches. Hard to get into a rhythm getting 1 touch every 2-3 series.
Lol. Go back to drinking champ.

Your coaching style wouldnt last long. Hey we are really struggling do lets lets clear the bench and give them more touches.

Lol.

Keep saying it, maybe eventually you will get the punctuation right. (It's you're, or you are)
You had great punctuation when you said this....

My god, getting ready to add another unacceptable loss to Kelly's resume.

But....

You had great punctuation when you said this....

My god, getting ready to add another unacceptable loss to Kelly's resume.

But....
That was in the 2 quarter. The game wasn’t even half way played yet.

That was in the 2 quarter. The game wasn’t even half way played yet.
It was in the 3rd quarter when Virginia had the ball in our territory with the lead. Great adjustments and play by Lea and the defense in the second half saved us once again.

Still our offensive line, QB play, and play calling remain major questions going into the middle of our schedule.

It was in the 3rd quarter when Virginia had the ball in our territory with the lead. Great adjustments and play by Lea and the defense in the second half saved us once again.

Still our offensive line, QB play, and play calling remain major questions going into the middle of our schedule.
Oh, that’s right, it was the start of the 2nd half onside kick.

Again, you jumped ship!

Fair weather fans usually do.

You say Lea called a great second half?

Who hired him?

Reactions: Catholicfan95
Oh, that’s right, it was the start of the 2nd half onside kick.

Again, you jumped ship!

Fair weather fans usually do

You say Lea called a great second half?

Who hired him?
Jumped ship? Who jumped ship? I'll root for Notre Dame win or lose as long as I live. It doesn't mean I can't vent some frustration from time to time on a Notre Dame message board.

Clark Lea is turning out to be a good hire by Kelly, much better than VanGorder was, and much better than Long/Quinn are turning out to be.

We don’t have an OC/QB combo.... two QBs now that look worse in year two under long with more talent ....

There clearly is not a connection on what long wants and what qb is doing

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Lol. Go back to drinking champ.

Your coaching style wouldnt last long. Hey we are really struggling do lets lets clear the bench and give them more touches.

Lol.

Dumb post my guy. Stop being dramatic.

17 out of 25 for a CP of 68.0 % and a YPA of 6.7.

Tell us how he’s not managing the game very well.

Sorry man, but Book really didn’t play well today. Took a 5 yard loss when he could have just thrown it away early in the game and then 2 grounding penalties. He had open receivers multiple times and didn’t see them and took off on third down too early more than once.

Sorry man, but Book really didn’t play well today. Took a 5 yard loss when he could have just thrown it away early in the game and then 2 grounding penalties. He had open receivers multiple times and didn’t see them and took off on third down too early more than once.

Don’t bother with Patirish. I think he’s Book’s dad or something the way he acts.

Last edited:
Don’t both with Patirish. I think he’s Book’s dad or something the way he acts.

I'd sincerely like to know what percentage of the completed passes were passed over 15 yards or ball traveling more than 10 yards in the air. Love book, I'd like to see some deep shots down field.

I'd sincerely like to know what percentage of the completed passes were passed over 15 yards or ball traveling more than 10 yards in the air. Love book, I'd like to see some deep shots down field.

Didn’t he throw a 37 yard pass to Kmet.

Only 9 % of Tom Brady’s attempts go for 20 or more yards.

What does that tell you ?

Cite the plays when he had open receivers multiple times.

Use the quarter and the game clock to identify the plays you reference.

Didn’t he throw a 37 yard pass to Kmet.

Only 9 % of Tom Brady’s attempts go for 20 or more yards.

What does that tell you ?

The pass to Kmet was a great play, and one in which Kmet played an equally large role. It showed one of the things Book can do very well, which is to escape outside the pocket and draw the defenders to him before dishing off the ball like a point guard.

But on a large number of plays, he just looks confused and panicky.

I'm glad you like him, but to me, I see a guy who had success early (last year) until defense coaches figured out how to plan for him.

The pass to Kmet was a great play, and one in which Kmet played an equally large role. It showed one of the things Book can do very well, which is to escape outside the pocket and draw the defenders to him before dishing off the ball like a point guard.

But on a large number of plays, he just looks confused and panicky.

I'm glad you like him, but to me, I see a guy who had success early (last year) until defense coaches figured out how to plan for him.

How do you look confused and panicky when you complete 68 % of your passes.

Exactly how did defensive coaches figure out how to. Play him ?

I have a fairly high definition TV, so tell me, what about his facial features indicated that he was confused and panicky ?

Please cite the quarter and game clock time.

How do you look confused and panicky when you complete 68 % of your passes.

Exactly how did defensive coaches figure out how to. Play him ?

I have a fairly high definition TV, so tell me, what about his facial features indicated that he was confused and panicky ?

Please cite the quarter and game clock time.

We have difference of opinion. I'm not going to waste my time watching a football game twice, or even spend more time trying to isolate individual plays. I've got a life to live. But if you can't see how out of control Book is on about half the plays, you aren't watching too carefully.

We have difference of opinion. I'm not going to waste my time watching a football game twice, or even spend more time trying to isolate individual plays. I've got a life to live. But if you can't see how out of control Book is on about half the plays, you aren't watching too carefully.

Baloney, you just can’t support and substantiate your position

There’s a difference in our difference of opinion.

Your opinion isn’t fact based.

You state that Book’s out of control 50 % of the time, yet he completes 68 % of his passes.

How do you reconcile the obvious mathematical impossibility of your premise ?

Baloney, you just can’t support and substantiate your position

There’s a difference in our difference of opinion.

Your opinion isn’t fact based.

You state that Book’s out of control 50 % of the time, yet he completes 68 % of his passes.

How do you reconcile the obvious mathematical impossibility of your premise ?

I’ll give you two examples. First drive of the game, Book is flushed out of the pocket and runs to the sideline. Instead of throwing it away, he runs out of bounds and takes a 5 yard loss. First drive of the second half, 3rd and 6 from around our own 5. He drops back and takes off as soon as he hits the end of his drop back. Based on Kelly’s reaction on the sideline, he felt the same way most of us did about that decision.

Two examples where Book made a poor decision but ultimately helped his Comp %.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT