ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame will never win the Natty if there is a playoff involved

Not a Miami fan. Not a ND fan. I’m a fan of good college football.

I went to the Cotton Bowl. Got an extra ticket at face value from some ND fans who are friends. That was a miserable game to watch live. ND being a good program makes college football better. Every single playoff game had zero suspense. All 3 games were over at half time. I want to watch good football.

After going to the game, I was genuinely curious why so many ND fans I met there thought ND was an elite program and were actually expecting to beat Clemson. The purpose of my post was not to troll but to see if ND fans who are dedicated enough to post on a message board agree.

Willy
There are still some ND fans (on here) that think ND won, but the officials/media got the score wrong!

Reactions: ohio1980
Mr. Wigglesby needs psychiatric help. Who comes to an anonymous message board and gives a manic post about all that he has accomplished? Answer: Someone who can get away with it on an anonymous message board. I guess he thought we would all write, "Oh my God Mr. Wigglesby, you are so successful, you must know more than anyone else about recruiting because you sold your company".

Conclusion: He works at Chipotle in the Burrito line and also posts under the moniker of Hurricane Willy.
Listen Catfish, if that's what you took from my post, then you are the one working at Taco Bell (doubt Chipotle would hire you).

First and foremost, my post was in response to NDFarly being an asshat to an unknown poster and claiming that anybody spewing similar drivel is a no-nothing whiny baby. Why are people like that? I said what I said to establish D1 level experience, along with recruiting experience as a profession. Please point me to other known posters on this board that have played football at the D1 level and recruited at a professional level requiring enough success to provide for a family. I'll hang up and listen.

As a company we have over 1100 healthcare professionals (physicians, NP's, nurses) in the field operating on temporary contracts. We are closing 125 13 week contracts each week - ND football signs 25 players for the year. That means I have 5 times the amount of people putting their name on a dotted line each week than ND does the entire year. That means I have to re-recruit them (unless I've developed the relationship enough it isn't needed) a potential 4 times per year. ND recruits once, closes the athlete, and never recruits them again until they are potentially entering the NFL or have graduated and looking to transfer.

Several years ago, on the paid board, I got into it with a circle-jerk douchebag group of posters who were bullying almost everyone on the board. They ran their mouth a lot like you did. I posted my picture, and my old ladies picture.

I am neither anonymous, or a vagina, you appear to be both.

This is a free board. I'm pretty sure you can open and read every thread without joining. So he very well could have been observing this board for weeks and then joined yesterday. But by all means, carry on with the name calling, which is something the Troll OP didn't even do.

I like a lot of what OP said. I recently sold my small healthcare staffing company and am now a Director of Recruiting at a privately held staffing organization doing over $250 million a year in revenue. I also played safety my freshman year of college at the U of Memphis (walked on, turned down scholarships to lesser local schools UTMartin, Lambuth, MVST) before I realized I was more interested in alcohol and women than accumulating a 3-8 record getting my ass kicked. Also watching Mike Mckenzie practice on a daily basis allowed me to realize I would NEVER sniff the NFL.

Outside of IIO, I haven't seen anyone on this board with more intimate knowledge of the recruiting process than myself. Though I'm sure there are former players at the college, mabye even pro, level that cruise and keep a low profile.

Notre Dame is NOT recruiting at the level needed to beat Georgia, Oklahoma, then Clemson, in three consecutive games to win a title. No, we will never have to play in the SEC Champ game, but, we very well could be facing an elite USC, followed by playoff game 1 and 2. I'd like to look like we belong, not like we lucked in. If we are not attempting to recruit on a level that will bring National Titles, then join the ACC in full and allow us to win ACC Championships.

We also need better coaches and recruiters. I think Kelly is a great CEO. I like Long's potential (he coached at Memphis actually and the Memphis offense was FAR more explosive than ND's - I don't know what to attribute that to). I like Lea, but he had a stacked D this year, let's see how he handles the rebuild.

If I played safety for Clemson, what would scare me about ND? Dex Williams and a seem route to Alize Mack, that's it. We ran no screen plays to Dex, we never flexed him out as a WR, and we never ran a seem route with Mack. Claypool was the most dangerous WR and he played wide side of the field and Book doesn't have the arm to throw 15yrd out routes to the wide-side of the field. A pass that is 30-40 yards and needs to be on a rope. That is what would scare me as a safety. And since I'm not scared, and my coaches aren't scared, we ain't gonna run cover 2 or keep a safety deep, or any of that mess, we are going to play man coverage, overwhelm you with our athleticism, and let the safeties creep into the box and shut down the only weapon ND had. And that is EXACTLY what they did. Did you see #11 on Clemson?? He was everything Max Redfield was supposed to be. Clemson had the top 8 players on the field. Julian Love and Dex maybe could crack that top 8, but doubtful.

Alabama has 4 Dexter Williams, a Michael Floyd, a Will Fuller, and a Golden Tate, and a Tyler Eifert, and a Heisman finalist QB. But yeah, ND is reeeeeaaal close to that.

Call me a troll though. Cuz I haven't been suffering through the last 25yrs like you.

We had a championship level defense without championship level depth. Our offense was minus Bars, Stepherson and EQ St Brown all of whom were recruited and in this class. We aren’t as far off as you let on but we certainly need good fortune moreso than the few elite teams that are currently putting it all together ... but we are in the 10 or so that could get it done.

We had a championship level defense without championship level depth. Our offense was minus Bars, Stepherson and EQ St Brown all of whom were recruited and in this class. We aren’t as far off as you let on but we certainly need good fortune moreso than the few elite teams that are currently putting it all together ... but we are in the 10 or so that could get it done.
I agree we are in the 10 (top 6?) or so that can do it, but, with the CFP now in play depth is even a bigger concern as you mentioned. And yes, if we had Bars, Stepherson and EQ that certainly would have helped our offense. Would you also be giving Henderson to Clemson though?

22-4 in two years - better than it's been since the 90's.

Not a Miami fan. Not a ND fan. I’m a fan of good college football.

I went to the Cotton Bowl. Got an extra ticket at face value from some ND fans who are friends. That was a miserable game to watch live. ND being a good program makes college football better. Every single playoff game had zero suspense. All 3 games were over at half time. I want to watch good football.

After going to the game, I was genuinely curious why so many ND fans I met there thought ND was an elite program and were actually expecting to beat Clemson. The purpose of my post was not to troll but to see if ND fans who are dedicated enough to post on a message board agree.

So, have you voiced your dismay about the zero suspense of all three playoffs games with Bama and Sooner fans too?

So Irish fans believing the Irish could win against Clemson is a crime against college football fandom? I had hopes that the Irish could manage to stay competitive and pull the win out at the end. Definitely, knew that wasn't going to happen by halftime. I just don't buy that Irish fans were running around the Cotton Bowl declaring the Irish elite.

I think you are here to stir the pot.

The Irish have had two back to back seasons of double digit wins next season I expect another duble digit win season. That's what a college football fan expects out of a good program.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Listen Catfish, if that's what you took from my post, then you are the one working at Taco Bell (doubt Chipotle would hire you).

First and foremost, my post was in response to NDFarly being an asshat to an unknown poster and claiming that anybody spewing similar drivel is a no-nothing whiny baby. Why are people like that? I said what I said to establish D1 level experience, along with recruiting experience as a profession. Please point me to other known posters on this board that have played football at the D1 level and recruited at a professional level requiring enough success to provide for a family. I'll hang up and listen.

As a company we have over 1100 healthcare professionals (physicians, NP's, nurses) in the field operating on temporary contracts. We are closing 125 13 week contracts each week - ND football signs 25 players for the year. That means I have 5 times the amount of people putting their name on a dotted line each week than ND does the entire year. That means I have to re-recruit them (unless I've developed the relationship enough it isn't needed) a potential 4 times per year. ND recruits once, closes the athlete, and never recruits them again until they are potentially entering the NFL or have graduated and looking to transfer.

Several years ago, on the paid board, I got into it with a circle-jerk douchebag group of posters who were bullying almost everyone on the board. They ran their mouth a lot like you did. I posted my picture, and my old ladies picture.

I am neither anonymous, or a vagina, you appear to be both.
Recruiting nurses is not the same as recruiting college football players. LOL. "I posted my picture, and my old ladies picture". LMFAO.

Reactions: NIN Irish
I think ND turned the corner last season. ND is going to be a perennial 10+ win team again. They aren't in the Top 25 in terms of winning percentge over the last 10 years, but will be in the Top 10 over the next 10.

Reactions: tbonesays
Mr. Wigglesby was at Memphis, I was there when it was Memphis State and we more than held our own against SEC schools.

That said, Unless you have lived out of the country for twenty years, you should understand that (without miracles) without 5 star guys you do not beat the elite! Say what you want, that's just the way it is. Right now, Notre Dame will have one 5 star guy next year and be playing teams with a dozen or more, not really fair is it?

Mr. Wigglesby was at Memphis, I was there when it was Memphis State and we more than held our own against SEC schools.

That said, Unless you have lived out of the country for twenty years, you should understand that (without miracles) without 5 star guys you do not beat the elite! Say what you want, that's just the way it is. Right now, Notre Dame will have one 5 star guy next year and be playing teams with a dozen or more, not really fair is it?

Who on the ND schedule has 12 5 stars or more? Georgia maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT