ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame most important game for UM in 2018

I root for ALL ND players & coaches.
I don’t won’t them to fail so I can say “I told you so.” If my worst enemy is piloting my airplane I want them to be successful as long as I’m on board.
So I want Dex to be awesome.

But let’s look at a few things.
1) we will cover facts
2) we will cover expert analysis/opinion
3) we will cover common sense
4) i will give my non-expert opinion

1) Facts:
Dex is going into his 4th year.
Dex has had three springs to learn the plays & develop.
Dex has had three fall camps to learn plays & develop.
Dex has had three football seasons to learn plays & develop.

2) Expert analysis/opinions:
Despite going into his 4th season Dex is not well conditioned. He gets caught a lot in practice & games because he runs out of gas.
He always pulls himself out of games. Multiple games last year when ND’s OL was destroying people & games were out of hand Dex would get limited carries because he would pull himself. They would put him in for a series & after two downs he would pull himself out & not go back in for multiple plays.

Despite going into his 4th year Dex still doesn’t know the playbook.

Despite three springs, falls & seasons, Dex has not improved his pass protection.

Despite three springs, falls & seasons, Dex has not improved his route running or receiving.

3) Common Sense:

Do we honestly think in year four Dex is just magically going to put it all together? Especially when he just broke team rules over the Spring?

4) My non-expert opinion:

His coaches don’t trust him. In your four he still isn’t developing, working hard & staying out of trouble. He has had two different OC’s now who haven’t elevated him in the offense.

His teammates don’t trust him. They had voting for the final team captain position & was the only Senior not to be nominated.

Dex doesn’t care. By all accounts (multiple reports from multiple sites) Dex hasn’t put in the work this off-season & instead was getting into mischief.

So everybody can look at the info & have their own opinions & come to their own conclusions, but not really sure what ND coaches, teammates & fans are suppose to think?

Questions....how do you know Dex gets caught alot in practice? How do you know Dex doesn't know the playbook? How do you know what the final vote count was for Captain? What are the multiple sites that say Dex doesn't care? How do you know Dex hasn't put in the work this off season?

Questions....how do you know Dex gets caught alot in practice? How do you know Dex doesn't know the playbook? How do you know what the final vote count was for Captain? What are the multiple sites that say that Dex doesn't care? How do you know that Dex hasn't put in the work this off season?

You realize people who work for this very site attends practices, right? (Of course you don’t)

Playbook: Because that was the answer given by the coaches when asked why Dex was passed up by a freshmen last year.

ND names captains. They then nominate any other player who received votes for the final captain position. Dex was the only senior not named.

Rivals & 247 & ISD have all reported Dex being internally punished over the offseason. They reported coaches are frustrated with his commitment.

Any more questions?

You realize you can pull your head out of the sand & get all this info yourself, right?
Heck, Doug Flutie has talked about it on air during broadcasts. He said straight up on TV that they talked to Chip Long during the week (as they do before every home game) about it.

Or do you think this is some grand conspiracy the University, Coaches, teammates, reporters, analysts, fans, etc... have against Dex?

Why should I do all this research when I have you posting this info. You are very sensitive when it comes to this information you hand out. I do have questions as a matter of fact. How do you know that Dex was the only Senior that didn't receive a vote? Was the voting process made public? There are other ND Insiders who have never mentioned what you have and yes, they too attend practices. Either they are more judicial in what they comment on or they are so clueless that they have never witnessed what your sources have. In fact, I have read that Dexter is by far the most explosive RB on the team and a more explosive RB than most teams have on their roster. Not my words but the words of yet another ND insider. I think it's a grand conspiracy to be the "go to" guy on matters related to ND around here. I'm interested to see if Dex will miss the first four games as announced on this very message board. Might happen. Might not. My "sources" have been pretty silent on the matter, judicially speaking.

Why should I do all this research when I have you posting this info. You are very sensitive when it comes to this information you hand out. I do have questions as a matter of fact. How do you know that Dex was the only Senior that didn't receive a vote? Was the voting process made public? There are other ND Insiders who have never mentioned what you have and yes, they too attend practices. Either they are more judicial in what they comment on or they are so clueless that they have never witnessed what your sources have. In fact, I have read that Dexter is by far the most explosive RB on the team and a more explosive RB than most teams have on their roster. Not my words but the words of yet another ND insider. I think it's a grand conspiracy to be the "go to" guy on matters related to ND around here. I'm interested to see if Dex will miss the first four games as announced on this very message board. Might happen. Might not. My "sources" have been pretty silent on the matter, judicially speaking.

Kinda like A.I. but not capitalized.

Oh oh. There are rumblings out there that Dex is not eating all his veggies at the team meals. Apparently, kitchen personnel told some player's dads who told sources who told insiders that Dex puts no effort in eating his peas, but will eat all of his carrots. An unnamed team official made no comment, citing player privacy rights. Stay tuned. I've heard for awhile now that the LB table will eat their veggies faster than Dex and that can be an issue come later in the season.

Reactions: justified1
Oh oh. There are rumblings out there that Dex is not eating all his veggies at the team meals. Apparently, kitchen personnel told some player's dads who told sources who told insiders that Dex puts no effort in eating his peas, but will eat all of his carrots. An unnamed team official made no comment, citing player privacy rights. Stay tuned. I've heard for awhile now that the LB table will eat their veggies faster than Dex and that can be an issue come later in the season.
curious as to why you have such an issue about something that is pretty much common knowledge. just because a newspaper hasn't printed it doesn't change things. dexter williams career at notre dame both good and bad is well known.

People aren’t biased vs Dex, they are just defending Jones.
You are the one making statements that Jones is a MAC level RB & ND can’t win without Dex.
So you started the bias & now are playing the victim?

Again, Coach D has a nice article about the pluses and minuses of Dexter. He had a great statement in there that I thought summed up Dexter. Paraphrasing, Dexter on play ran 30 plus yards and it seems to be electric however, on the very next play he wiffed on a block and Wimbush was tackled for a huge loss something like a 20 yard loss. That cannot happen for the team to be successful. So 53 I agree with some of your sentiments but there is a liability factor using Dexter. Now if he can correct these I would 100% agree with you.

Again, Coach D has a nice article about the pluses and minuses of Dexter. He had a great statement in there that I thought summed up Dexter. Paraphrasing, Dexter on play ran 30 plus yards and it seems to be electric however, on the very next play he wiffed on a block and Wimbush was tackled for a huge loss something like a 20 yard loss. That cannot happen for the team to be successful. So 53 I agree with some of your sentiments but there is a liability factor using Dexter. Now if he can correct these I would 100% agree with you.
exactly. like i posted previously the only thing holding dex back is dex. some here want to put the blame on denson. a player has to want to be coached.

Reactions: zonairish
If I had inside information on a team I would never say a thing except to my wife who does not care about football. So for us outsiders we should appreciate when the insiders give us insight on a program as these are rare gems.

curious as to why you have such an issue about something that is pretty much common knowledge. just because a newspaper hasn't printed it doesn't change things. dexter williams career at notre dame both good and bad is well known.
I don't have an issue with Dex, pro or con. I have an issue with the "Dexter Williams Watch" and all the rumor and gossip that message boards can muster up. I have an issue with using his "No Vote" as a Senior captain as a talking point to support ones argument. Again, are these team votes made public? Where did this info come from? I can't find anything about Dex not knowing his playbook. What's the exact source of this little ditty? What coach said this and when? Some insiders think Dex is really good. Some not so much. Others are a wait and see and have remained silent. What do we really know? Not much. Suspension. Discipline. Four games. No games. I'm in the wait and see side of things. If Dex is dressed for Michigan, then he's dressed for Michigan. If he doesn't know the playbook, he won't see the field. If he is regularly caught from behind at practice, the "other" insiders who cover ND have yet to mention that. I felt the need to mock the whole debacle from an average fan point of view.

I knew it! That is exeactly what I heard the trash collectors discussing! Extra peas in the garbage.

Stay tuned, Far an update!

If I had inside information on a team I would never say a thing except to my wife who does not care about football. So for us outsiders we should appreciate when the insiders give us insight on a program as these are rare gems.
Yeah, except these insiders all don't see the same things and have differing opinions on these matters. They are giving THEIR insight which may or may not be reality.

I don't have an issue with Dex, pro or con. I have an issue with the "Dexter Williams Watch" and all the rumor and gossip that message boards can muster up. I have an issue with using his "No Vote" as a Senior captain as a talking point to support ones argument. Again, are these team votes made public? Where did this info come from? I can't find anything about Dex not knowing his playbook. What's the exact source of this little ditty? What coach said this and when? Some insiders think Dex is really good. Some not so much. Others are a wait and see and have remained silent. What do we really know? Not much. Suspension. Discipline. Four games. No games. I'm in the wait and see side of things. If Dex is dressed for Michigan, then he's dressed for Michigan. If he doesn't know the playbook, he won't see the field. If he is regularly caught from behind at practice, the "other" insiders who cover ND have yet to mention that. I felt the need to mock the whole debacle from an average fan point of view.
its a message board, of course there's gossip. that said it's easy to watch players perform and come to the reasonable conclusion of what their strengths and weaknesses are.

its a message board, of course there's gossip. that said it's easy to watch players perform and come to the reasonable conclusion of what their strengths and weaknesses are.

Correction. It is not a ‘reasonable conclusion’, unless it has been stated by an ‘insider’. And we do not have access to insider information on the free board.

29BoqCMRBFk

I'll check out my main ND Insider, listen to pressers from BK and the staff, and actually watch the player(s) perform before I make my evaluation. Trying to be the first one on the block with "breaking news" on a message board is curious to say the least. I figured you guys would want to deal in confirmed facts and not the telephone party line method of collecting info. I do prefer the easy way of evaluating players since I'm not getting paid to do so.

I have been on record saying if (and it's looking this way) Dex doesn't play, we lost to Michigan. I see us going 8-4 or 9-3

Michigan- L
Ball St- W
Vandy- W
Wake- toss up
Stanford- toss up
Vtech- L
Pitt- toss up
Navy- W
NW- W
FSU- W
Cuse- W
USC- W

Pitt who beats someone they shouldn't every year (national champs Clemson, Miami) scares me. Wake the week before Stanford scares me as well.
Pretty ridiculous post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT