ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame home sellout streak will end at 273 games this Saturday vs Navy

The games sold out in 2007 when we went 3-9 and in 2006 when we went 4-8. The idea that the Navy game didn't sell out because we have"nothing to play for" is nonsense.

Perhaps people are tired of the same old same old in year 10 of BK.

Reactions: G_a_r_y
Are you serious? Context matters. Notre Dame is likely not getting a NY6 bowl game. Had they not got embarrassed by Michigan they would still be in the mix. They aren't, and while Navy is 7-1, Notre Dame has nothing attainable to play for except bowl positioning for some ho-hum bowl game.

Notre Dame has everything to play for !

Do I have to list them for you ?

Your ill conceived notion that the loss to Michigan effectively ended the season is the mark of a fair weather fan.

There’s a pure joy in being a warrior and competing, despite what others may think of your effort to win.

The loss to Michigan didn't end the season, but it definitely ended any play-off talk and most likely, unless Irish can crawl back into the Top Ten, crushed any serious discussion about a NY6 game. But, you never know. Play these games to win, and win big. Let's see our young talent. There's still a lot going on.

The loss to Michigan didn't end the season, but it definitely ended any play-off talk and most likely, unless Irish can crawl back into the Top Ten, crushed any serious discussion about a NY6 game. But, you never know. Play these games to win, and win big. Let's see our young talent. There's still a lot going on.

Only one team emerges as the NC !

That doesn’t mean that every other team had an unsuccessful season.

It wasn’t just that ND lost to Michigan, it was the humiliating margin of the loss.

A 3 point loss might have kept them in the conversation, but after a blowout ......... no chance

Only one team emerges as the NC !

That doesn’t mean that every other team had an unsuccessful season.

It wasn’t just that ND lost to Michigan, it was the humiliating margin of the loss.

A 3 point loss might have kept them in the conversation, but after a blowout ......... no chance
In 1972 ND was steam rolled by USC in the second half then dominated and humiliated by Nebraska in the Orange Bowl. It was the worse loses in Parseghian's time at ND. I really didn't think much would come out of 1973. I even thought the best days were behind Ara at ND. I was wrong then because that team came back and won it all. They used those two games to set themselves up for the next season. ND has a lot to play for this year. The lads are using this year to set up next season. They have learned from Michigan and are moving forward even if some fans stop believing in them. The season is never over until the last horn of the season sounds and the stadium lights go out for the last time in December. The next morning the new season begins. Every game matters in a long season of football.

Last edited:
In 1972 ND was steam rolled by USC in the second half then dominated and humiliated by Nebraska in the Orange Bowl. It was the worse loses in Parseghian's time at ND. I really didn't think much would come out of 1973. I even thought the best days were behind Ara at ND. I was wrong then because that team came back and won it all. They used those two games to set themselves up for the next season. ND has a lot to play for this year. The lads are using this year to set up next season. They have learned from Michigan and are moving forward even if some fans stop believing in them. The season is never over until the last horn of the season sounds and the stadium lights go out for the last time in December. The next morning the new season begins. Every game matters in a long season of football.

The big difference between Ara and Kelly, Ara had already won a title. He proved his worth.

Also, I don’t blame the debacle vs Michigan on the players, that was clearly on Kelly and the staff. That humiliating loss showed me that Kelly learned nothing from the Miami 2017 game, even though he said he had, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but no more. He’s had a great run, but he’s not the guy to bring home a title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT