ADVERTISEMENT

Not the most talented MSU team coming

Bullough is not athletic. He will not play in the nfl. Maybe on a practice squad at best. I said you got your 28 year old LB approved to play. That old guy is good not great. No where near a Greg Jones or even Lawrence Thomas. The ND online will man handle the State dline.
Lawrence Thomas was not a linebacker.

Why can't people just have friendly jabs with each other without getting super defensive or offensive?

Anyways, our QB hinted towards a more focused passing attack to take advantage of NDs weakness instead of running it up the gut into stacked boxes every first down. I don't have much faith that's the case, our offense always tries to run first. Would make me happy though.

Why can't people just have friendly jabs with each other without getting super defensive or offensive?

Anyways, our QB hinted towards a more focused passing attack to take advantage of NDs weakness instead of running it up the gut into stacked boxes every first down. I don't have much faith that's the case, our offense always tries to run first. Would make me happy though.

... our head coach is a mediocre lunatic... Why is it surprising that many in our fan base are like minded?
Brian-kelly-screaming-4.jpg

If you guys survive the first 1/4 it'll probably shape up into a dog fight... Nevada, if they weren't a pee wee team, could have had multiple scores before we woke up. If we come out uninspired, again, we could be in the hole quick. We could also come out flying and force you off your game plan....
PS kelly and bvg stink and help you guys more than us...
I'm guessing we win by at least 10.... Like Twalsh I'll take 1...

When the play clock hits zero, the official looks at the snapper. If he's started his snapping motion it's not delay of game.

I thought about that play in the 2010 game two weeks ago, when Notre Dame blocked Texas's extra-point try late in the fourth quarter. The clock clearly said 0, and I thought for sure they were going to call a delay penalty, but the announcer said the exact same thing as you.

I thought about that play in the 2010 game two weeks ago, when Notre Dame blocked Texas's extra-point try late in the fourth quarter. The clock clearly said 0, and I thought for sure they were going to call a delay penalty, but the announcer said the exact same thing as you.

Thought for sure you guys had it after that blocked PAT...but your D just couldn't find a stop.

MSU is an unknown at this point with a lot of new starters and only the Furman game on film. State was penalized 10 times for 120 yards during the Furman game. The penalties extended Furman drives and killed Spartan drives. Dantonio's teams are usually very disciplined so this looks like an anomaly that will be corrected.

As far as the talent on the team I'll defer to Dantonio who recently said he feels it is as deep and talented as any team he has had. This is his tenth year and he's always been a straight shooter in the past.

Notre Dame will be a big test for all the units and we'll all get to assess where they are in 2016. I think State will do fine and it will be a competitve game. The Kizer to #6 combo is the match-up I am most concerned about. Kizer has a good arm, the ability to extend plays with his feet and #6 has great size and speed. A real challenge for a corner back to cover and I'm sure Kelly will look to find ways to get him matched up against a safety deep. Our best chance to try to hog the ball and minimize ND's opportunity to exploit this combo. Hopefully it is an injury free game for both teams and win or lose the Spartans show some promise of being able to compete for the East division.

Riley Bullough is actually pretty athletic can run sideline to sideline. Not sure what you are talking about.

Davis won't play much. And after we kicked off our team our starting DT and DE our DL sucks. If your OL is anything it should have its way with everyone except McDowell.
Actually, that's our biggest strengths. ND does have one of the best OL's in the country.

I listened to kizer talk to the press today SpartanJD and the way he was talking he thinks that our irish can have a field day down the field with your DBs in one on one coverage because of the talent of our wrs

I listened to kizer talk to the press today SpartanJD and the way he was talking he thinks that our irish can have a field day down the field with your DBs in one on one coverage because of the talent of our wrs

Our defensive secondary is pretty good and experienced. Our DL is the weakness.

Thomas came in as a LB and played LB at State. He then added weight and was moved to DL.
He played LB in HS, played FB at State his freshman year a little but I don't recall him ever taking snaps at LB. In any event you were comparing Bullough to Greg Jones and LT. I just think it's a false equivalencancy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT