ADVERTISEMENT

Noise Out There That Donte Vaughn Will Transfer

How was he most vulnerable? The Nickel was the most vulnerable in coverage by far. And the Rover was the most vulnerable on the defense.
I don’t think he’s talking scheme or which position is most vulnerable...I think he’s suggesting the weak link in a really good defense means you are the most vulnerable player for the other team to attack, and that doesn’t mean you are bad..just not as good.

Nobody is being harmed and I wasn't trying to accomplish anything other than relaying information that I kept updating, and ehich turned out to be incorrect.

Again, stop being so easily offended.

I’m not easily offended, but you promoted a rumor absent any facts.

Promoting that rumor could have a negative impact on a number of people including Vaughn.

That you don’t see the potential harm is astounding.

Promoting that rumor could have a negative impact on a number of people including Vaughn.

I did not qualify my original post as fact. I simply posted and updated what was being said about the situation.

If your going to suggest that we refrain from posting anything that could be controversial or unfounded, then apply it to all scenarios equally. Should we have not talked about the rumored RB candidates before Taylor was hired? There was a lot of misinformation out there about that as well. Were we potentially hurting anyone in talking about it?

How was he most vulnerable? The Nickel was the most vulnerable in coverage by far. And the Rover was the most vulnerable on the defense.
This....
Nickel was bad all year and bilal was even worse.

I did not qualify my original post as fact. I simply posted and updated what was being said about the situation.

If your going to suggest that we refrain from posting anything that could be controversial or unfounded, then apply it to all scenarios equally. Should we have not talked about the rumored RB candidates before Taylor was hired? There was a lot of misinformation out there about that as well. Were we potentially hurting anyone in talking about it?

I know exactly what you did and I know that you’re now trying to deflect and justify an irresponsible act on your part.

There’s a difference between speculation that has little in the way of adverse consequences and a damaging rumor.

No matter how many bogus excuses you make, what you did was irresponsible and nothing you say can change that.

Be a stand up guy, admit you made a mistake, that you’ve learned from it and let’s move on.

Continued defiant defense of an irresponsible act doesn’t wear well.

I know exactly what you did and I know that you’re now trying to deflect and justify an irresponsible act on your part.

There’s a difference between speculation that has little in the way of adverse consequences and a damaging rumor.

No matter how many bogus excuses you make, what you did was irresponsible and nothing you say can change that.

Be a stand up guy, admit you made a mistake, that you’ve learned from it and let’s move on.

Continued defiant defense of an irresponsible act doesn’t wear well.

Lol the drama. Carry on man. Until you can enlighten me on what kind of damage this could have done and prove that to be true beyond a reasonable doubt at the very least, you're just preaching.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Lol the drama. Carry on man. Until you can enlighten me on what kind of damage this could have done and prove that to be true beyond a reasonable doubt at the very least, you're just preaching.

That you’re blind to the potential damage that can done by spreading a false rumor, a rumor that Vaughn is transferring, is truly remarkable.

That you need me to explain it to you is flattering, but very troubling.

Even if I wasted my time by going into great detail to explain it to you, you’d still reject my explanation because you lack the ability to be objective and you lack the ability to admit when you’re wrong.

Any time you spread a false rumor you create a situation that can harm those involved, directly and tangentially.

That you can’t comprehend that is astounding.

That you’re blind to the potential damage that can done by spreading a false rumor, a rumor that Vaughn is transferring, is truly remarkable.

That you need me to explain it to you is flattering, but very troubling.

Even if I wasted my time by going into great detail to explain it to you, you’d still reject my explanation because you lack the ability to be objective and you lack the ability to admit when you’re wrong.

Any time you spread a false rumor you create a situation that can harm those involved, directly and tangentially.

That you can’t comprehend that is astounding.

This message board has absolutely no bearing on the Notre Dame Football Team. None. It's a board for fan discussion and is completely irrelevant to the operations of the football program. If you believe you are a part of anything bigger than that, in any way, shape, or form, I have no idea what to tell you.

This message board has absolutely no bearing on the Notre Dame Football Team. None. It's a board for fan discussion and is completely irrelevant to the operations of the football program. If you believe you are a part of anything bigger than that, in any way, shape, or form, I have no idea what to tell you.

That you don’t see the potential harm in spreading false rumors speaks volumes !

That you don’t see the potential harm in spreading false rumors speaks volumes !
Now I could see being a family member and not wanting to see that on a message board... but harm? Come on man. I know we’re in this weird time where we want to make words seem far more harmful then they are, this point you keep pushing seems extreme. It’s a message board, a free one at that, the expectations here are low as it is boards were invented so fans could discuss such things. Harm? What a world.

Reactions: nemeth#5
I don’t think he’s talking scheme or which position is most vulnerable...I think he’s suggesting the weak link in a really good defense means you are the most vulnerable player for the other team to attack, and that doesn’t mean you are bad..just not as good.
^^^
Ya just been to busy to explain i...

Now I could see being a family member and not wanting to see that on a message board... but harm? Come on man. I know we’re in this weird time where we want to make words seem far more harmful then they are, this point you keep pushing seems extreme. It’s a message board, a free one at that, the expectations here are low as it is boards were invented so fans could discuss such things. Harm? What a world.

So it’s your position that it couldn’t be harmful if the rumor came to the attention of the coaching staff ? ? ?

So it’s your position that it couldn’t be harmful if the rumor came to the attention of the coaching staff ? ? ?
Correct. Though I have doubts this free message board content, entertaining as it is, would get to them. And even if it did, you see, they behave like adults and would shrug or laugh it off. They don’t behave like many of the folks you see on this board.

I don't think his unfounded rumors are harmful to ND but posts like these is why IIO has fallen into the mainstream on this board. The fact that a person believes their words are worthless, without impact and not to be held accountable for gossip of teenagers is the real disturbing issue here.

Correct. Though I have doubts this free message board content, entertaining as it is, would get to them. And even if it did, you see, they behave like adults and would shrug or laugh it off. They don’t behave like many of the folks you see on this board.

You’re being naive if you think that message board posts are confined to those posting.

You’re being naive if you think that message board posts are confined to those posting.
Nope I don’t assume that at all. It’s not confined. I’m saying those inside the program care so particularly little about it that even if they were made aware, they wouldn’t care let alone being harmed. Let this one go man it’s getting absurd to carry this any further.

Reactions: NIN Irish
I don't think his unfounded rumors are harmful to ND but posts like these is why IIO has fallen into the mainstream on this board. The fact that a person believes their words are worthless, without impact and not to be held accountable for gossip of teenagers is the real disturbing issue here.

There is nothing disturbing here. There was info on his Twitter that he may transfer (per those who follow that type of thing). The twitters followers reported it, and I brought it here so we could monitor it.. Afterwards, he took the info down off his Twitter account and reporters checked inside the Gug and got an "all good"... Likely what happened is that he was feeling down about getting fleeced vs Clemson and needing an extensive shoulder surgery. Like most kids do these days, he took to Twitter in frustration and lead the fanbase to believe he was going to transfer... Upon reflection (and likely conversation with family and the coaches) he took the Twitter post down and decided to stay at ND...

You guys are absolutely making a mountain out of a mole hill... If you think this thread is a disturbing I suggest you role yourself in about 20 feet of bubble wrap and find the safest space you can.

As it was since the November 6, 1869 game when Rutgers played New Jersey (Princeton) and it's more than an old saying today, you win as a team and you lose as a team. Donte should and will, with the support of his teammates, bounce back and be a contributor next season. I have a feeling he demands it of himself. As a fan, I have Donte's back.

There is nothing disturbing here. There was info on his Twitter that he may transfer (per those who follow that type of thing). The twitters followers reported it, and I brought it here so we could monitor it.. Afterwards, he took the info down off his Twitter account and reporters checked inside the Gug and got an "all good"... Likely what happened is that he was feeling down about getting fleeced vs Clemson and needing an extensive shoulder surgery. Like most kids do these days, he took to Twitter in frustration and lead the fanbase to believe he was going to transfer... Upon reflection (and likely conversation with family and the coaches) he took the Twitter post down and decided to stay at ND...

You guys are absolutely making a mountain out of a mole hill... If you think this thread is a disturbing I suggest you role yourself in about 20 feet of bubble wrap and find the safest space you can.
Again, this has nothing to do with being offended or harmed but about the readiness of grown men to be the first to post gossip about teenage rumors in an effort to appear "in the know" or credible is disturbing.

Again, this has nothing to do with being offended or harmed but about the readiness of grown men to be the first to post gossip about teenage rumors in an effort to appear "in the know" or credible is disturbing.

Nobody is making an effort to be "in the know". It was an evolving situation, that wound up with a conclusion.

The fact that you're "disturbed" by it is evident of your disconnect to the speed at which information travels today, often while the story is evolving. Feel free to be the white knight riding around on your high horse, living in another time... I won't lose any sleep over it.

Nope I don’t assume that at all. It’s not confined. I’m saying those inside the program care so particularly little about it that even if they were made aware, they wouldn’t care let alone being harmed. Let this one go man it’s getting absurd to carry this any further.

So if you heard a rumor that your wife was having an affair with your best friend, you’d ignore it ?

So if you heard a rumor that your wife was having an affair with your best friend, you’d ignore it ?

It depends... Did he hear the rumor via his wife's Twitter, insinuating that she might have an affair with her husband's friend?

Because the Donte Vaughn "rumor" was a product of his own Twitter activity.

Nobody is making an effort to be "in the know". It was an evolving situation, that wound up with a conclusion.

The fact that you're "disturbed" by it is evident of your disconnect to the speed at which information travels today, often while the story is evolving. Feel free to be the white knight riding around on your high horse, living in another time... I won't lose any sleep over it.
Curious.. what motivates a grown man to follow a kids social media, half his age, and posts rumors about his life on an anonymous message board.. its wild to me, that's all.

IIO.... you're way more patient than me!

Curious.. what motivates a grown man to follow a kids social media, half his age, and posts rumors about his life on an anonymous message board.. its wild to me, that's all.
You don’t have to follow these kids to see the rumor on twitter. Likely that you would follow Loy or Coach D and they follow the players because it is their job, and THEY retweet it when the kid himself starts the rumor then everyone who follows the beat guys for ND would see. Good grief.

I don't follow any kids on Twitter. In fact, I don't even have a Twitter account. But in this day and age there are people to report everything as it happens. I can easily access that information, as can you, on TOS.

Who exactly is twitter anyhow? A bunch of anonymous dweebs or knowledgeable professionals with integrity the size of the Grand Canyon? Could never figure that out.

do you participate in:
twitter?
Facebook?
instagram?
public or private conversations?
have expressed opinions?
?
other?

do you plan on ever being an elected official? teacher? supreme court justice, trash removal technicial, or even a member of the unemployed ranks! Dying with public dignity? If so and you answered Yes to any of the above, you are at risk! You must look into a subscription to a Social Media Removal Tool.

I don't follow any kids on Twitter. In fact, I don't even have a Twitter account. But in this day and age there are people to report everything as it happens. I can easily access that information, as can you, on TOS.
That's my point.. I'm perplexed by grown men chomping at the bit to post the latest news on teenagers playing football. That's all

That's my point.. I'm perplexed by grown men chomping at the bit to post the latest news on teenagers playing football. That's all

It is a recruiting site for HS football players. I don’t have a Twitter account either, but it definitely would make sense why to me. It’s about scoop and who has the information first. The same way a news channel works for their target audience.

Last edited:
I believe that Vaughn is out for the Spring with an injury. I personally hope that Bracy . Brown and Boykin all do well. Would like to see Griffith stay at safety and maybe if Hamilton is that good he moves to CB for a year or a career. a 6-3 corner would be great. Elliott and Gilman are not going to sit. Don't waste Hamilton . Play him at CB if needed.

I wonder if Griffith will get a look too. I could see ND starting him at CB and being the #1 FS backup. Griffith is too good to be on the sideline.

Teams are in the Nickel so much nowadays he will practically be a starter.

I would be surprised if they didn’t reevaluate that though. The safety recruiting the past 2 cycles has been elite, and both Gilman and Elliot are back. So why waste his talent, along with Allen and Hamilton. Can’t hurt

According to Twitter. Waiting to see this confirmed but it looks like Vaughn will transfer, opening up another scholarship. It looks like Boykin, Bracy, Crawford and Brown will battle for the starting CB spot opposite Troy Pride.

I suspect the Irish will be just fine here. Todd Lyght does a nice job with his corners!

Edit: nothing 100% confirmed yet, but as soon as I see something reputable, I'll post it.

Edit #2: Received information that suggests that the Vaughn transfer noise may not be legitimate.
than you should edit entire post by deleting it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT