ADVERTISEMENT

New Justin Scott Thread

Not surprising UGA leads for Scott given their track record of NFL draft picks on the defensive line, but he has family in Georgia as well which is also a positive. Still a ways to go before he makes a decision and things can always change but UGA was always going to be in the mix
Last month Miami led.

I liked Elston a lot and thought he and Freeman together would have taken our defensive line play to the next level. As we all know, the star rating system isn’t the be all end all for assessing recruiting. Getting complimentary players and complimentary back to back years, and developing these players is all part of the job, and it’s a bit premature to judge Washington And compare his 1 1/2 yrs to Elston’s 5 plus years. Thus far, I am encouraged, but not blown away by Washington’s level of recruiting and player development.
Why do you have to be so damned reasonable? :rolleyes:

Carr and Williams are 5 stars.....
CJ Carr is a high 4 star (#42 overall) ...

Williams is a 5-star but lets see if he can hold onto his 5th star down the stretch and if ND can hold onto him as well. I don't think Carr or Williams is a lock at this point.

Williams is a 5-star but lets see if he can hold onto his 5th star down the stretch and if ND can hold onto him as well. I don't think Carr or Williams is a lock at this point.

Where else would Carr go? Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia and basically every other top program already has their QB. ND is the perfect fit for him. He’s already essentially on the team.

Reactions: IrishMike409

Everyone knows Carr is a 5 star. He's only not because of on3s ridiculous ranking. He's 42nd even with their silly ranking. If they had a normal one, they will have to after he does well at the elite11, he will then get his 5th star

Not that it matters. If he was rated a 3 star or a 5 star, just put on the film, he's a stud

Everyone knows Carr is a 5 star. He's only not because of on3s ridiculous ranking. He's 42nd even with their silly ranking. If they had a normal one, they will have to after he does well at the elite11, he will then get his 5th star

Not that it matters. If he was rated a 3 star or a 5 star, just put on the film, he's a stud
This is why I only look at Rivals' rankings.

I could not care less what off3 has to say.

If I had to pick just one of Scott and Rushing, I think I’d take Rushing. His public comments about ND make me think he’s a ND kid. He’s coming for his third visit which is more than Scott and he’s in Tucson.

Reactions: tbone3114
If I had to pick just one of Scott and Rushing, I think I’d take Rushing. His public comments about ND make me think he’s a ND kid. He’s coming for his third visit which is more than Scott and he’s in Tucson.
Scott has been at ND 3x as well

If you want to compete with the big boys...you have to stack the deck in recruiting....offer a surplus of top guys. There isn't room for all of them at the peer programs. My beef is this over-loving of a desired target to the detriment of all others (Dante Moore, Keon Keeley). Notre Dame has put itself in a sink or swim scenario in the past, imo. That has got to change. Be aggressive on multiple fronts all the time. When its a supply and demand situation.......embrace the supply.

Reactions: Kelso86
If I had to pick just one of Scott and Rushing, I think I’d take Rushing. His public comments about ND make me think he’s a ND kid
ND is not getting Justin Scott -- just my humble opinion. My guess, at the end of the day, he ends up at Georgia.

Rumor is there will be a certain mega recruit on campus for the grill and chill. Not sure who Singer was referencing on his podcast.

Rumor is there will be a certain mega recruit on campus for the grill and chill. Not sure who Singer was referencing on his podcast.
Greg Flemming and Peyton Bowen news on Tuesday, now Mike Singer and this.

Wow, really really cool.

Latest Rivals news on top DL says Scott now focusing on Georgia and Michigan as final two...

If true, Harbaugh is getting a lot of mileage out of back-to-back wins over tOSU and playoff berths

Latest Rivals news on top DL says Scott now focusing on Georgia and Michigan as final two...

If true, Harbaugh is getting a lot of mileage out of back-to-back wins over tOSU and playoff berths
Can you please link the Rivals article or "Rivals News..." that says Justin Scott has Michigan and Georgia in final 2.

"Scott seems to be leaning towards Michigan or Georgia at this point...."

LMAO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golson5
He’s not going to ND. He lives two hours away and decided to work instead of going to the spring game. He’s not coming.

This recruitment is far from over regardless if he decides soon or not.

This is going to be a battle for every school involved.

We're still in it and will be til the end. Will we get him, no one knows at this point

He’s used up his officials with Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia, and Miami. He’s yet to make a decision. He has not used his OV with Notre Dame yet. Notre Dame will likely get the last OV for the Ohio State game. The slow play is genius here. I think Freeman has everyone in checkmate here.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Where else would Carr go? Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia and basically every other top program already has their QB. ND is the perfect fit for him. He’s already essentially on the team.
Don't kid yourself. Carr is a player that teams make room for....even teams we are envious of recruiting-wise.

Marshall said...."Did I hear somebody say Ouch"?

App St was FCS at the time. Marshall is not FCS. Marshall was a lot better than Stanford. It was embarrassing, but not comparable to App St when they were 1AA in any way at all.

App State would be like us losing to TN State.

Reactions: BGI User 756
He’s used up his officials with Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia, and Miami. He’s yet to make a decision. He has not used his OV with Notre Dame yet. Notre Dame will likely get the last OV for the Ohio State game. The slow play is genius here. I think Freeman has everyone in checkmate here.
I think this is wishful thinking. Hope you’re right though

I think this is wishful thinking. Hope you’re right though

Perhaps but if he doesn’t commit anywhere this summer we are his last OV in September unless someone new comes into play. Just my hunch, he’s not going to commit anywhere until he gets to ND for the OV. Michigan, Ohio State, and Miami will be pressuring him to commit before that game. ND has been very patient and consistent with him, not pressuring him to commit.

I see this one going to the wire, a kid still trying to find his best fit. And if he commits to anyone now he’s absolutely a flip candidate. check back in mid December on this one
You could be right; however, the vast vast majority of kids who verbal to Notre Dame stick with Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT