ADVERTISEMENT

New Justin Scott Thread

Tuitt was essentially Keon Keeley coming out of high school. Those days seem done.

Tuitt was essentially Keon Keeley coming out of high school. Those days are done. Some of the younger folks here forget how good our recruiting used to be.

Whatever you say. He was #2 DE and was an elite college and NFL player. Keon will have his work cut out to come close.
I'm talking about as prospects, recruits.

Keeley was the number 2 overall player. And he should have been number 1. Hes that good of a prospect

I’m not usually one to agree with many of the extremist views of get nasty but I am of the opinion that freeman was onto something last year acting as the lead recruiter. He failed with Keeley, Bowen, and Dante. Now he’s recruiting like BK. He needs to dust himself off and get back after the best players again. Everyone wanted him hired to recruit top 5 classes, not be a good looking sideline cheerleader with no noteworthy coaching accolades. Being likable and qualified are two entirely different things.

Reactions: eshupe
I’m not usually one to agree with many of the extremist views of get nasty but I am of the opinion that freeman was onto something last year acting as the lead recruiter. He failed with Keeley, Bowen, and Dante. Now he’s recruiting like BK. He needs to dust himself off and get back after the best players again. Had we landed those kids we’d have been top 5. Now we are looking like a standard 10-15 range team. People get all sally pissy pants when it is stated bc they hate hearing what makes them uncomfortable (like hearing there are two genders) but Freeman was not hired to recruit like Kelly. He has 0 head coaching experience aside from his 8-4 debacle. Everyone wanted him hired to recruit top 5 classes, not be a good looking sideline cheerleader with no noteworthy coaching accolades.
Why don't you apply to be a Head Coach and show people how to coach and recruit?

I’m not usually one to agree with many of the extremist views of get nasty but I am of the opinion that freeman was onto something last year acting as the lead recruiter. He failed with Keeley, Bowen, and Dante. Now he’s recruiting like BK. He needs to dust himself off and get back after the best players again. Everyone wanted him hired to recruit top 5 classes, not be a good looking sideline cheerleader with no noteworthy coaching accolades. Being likable and qualified are two entirely different things.
In this case both things are true. The bag won for all 3 5 stars last year so MF realizes he has no chance and it's going to happen w/ JS also. Without NIL the circumstances for JS being Chicago kid, catholic prep school and he's already in this class. ND would never lose that scenario ever! Now w/ NIL he has no chance cause' ND is never falling in line and offering the bag first so this is what he is left w/, recruiting like BK.

Last edited:
Reactions: DublinND
In this case both things are true. The bag won for all 3 5 stars last year so MF realizes he has no chance and it's going to happen w/ JS also. Without NIL the circumstances for JS being Chicago kid, catholic prep school and he's already in this class. ND would never lose that scenario ever! Now w/ NIL he has no chance cause' ND is never falling in line and offering the bag first so this is what he is left w/, recruiting like BK.
Freeman has no chance to compete vs NIL if he doesn’t win and develop. This year is set up for both. Last years two brutal losses took momentum out of the program

The bottom line is people are bashing al more for what he lost than what he got. What he got is in line or marginally better than what we have had in the past.

What he "lost" was a gap closer that left for reasons beyond Washington's control, yet fans cannot let it go.
This

Freeman has no chance to compete vs NIL if he doesn’t win and develop. This year is set up for both. Last years two brutal losses took momentum out of the program
Brutal losses like those last year would be devastating going forward....I think moreso than we may want to consider.

The bottom line is people are bashing al more for what he lost than what he got. What he got is in line or marginally better than what we have had in the past.

What he "lost" was a gap closer that left for reasons beyond Washington's control, yet fans cannot let it go.
Replaced a gap closer with a crack filler!

Wrong, those losses had NOTHING to do with beating the bag!

Brutal losses like those last year would be devastating going forward....I think moreso than we may want to consider.
Wrong, the bag has taken momentum out of the program! This isn't rocket science guys!! ND will always beat ND and if you guys can't figure this out after the last 35 years I don't know what to tell you!!!

Thank God I listened to the recent Brady Quinn podcast, which spoke at length regarding NIL and the future of Notre Dame Football..

I liked Elston a lot and thought he and Freeman together would have taken our defensive line play to the next level. As we all know, the star rating system isn’t the be all end all for assessing recruiting. Getting complimentary players and complimentary back to back years, and developing these players is all part of the job, and it’s a bit premature to judge Washington And compare his 1 1/2 yrs to Elston’s 5 plus years. Thus far, I am encouraged, but not blown away by Washington’s level of recruiting and player development.

Reactions: HDK and baron100
Justin Scott is going to Miami so he can watch Lionel Messi play. You heard it here first. Well I made it up but what the heck.

I’d say the same for rushing when it comes to Oregon although I will give him a pass since he hasn’t actually visited there yet. Oregon is good at nothing except spending money. They’ve never achieve the damn thing.

Thank God I listened to the recent Brady Quinn podcast, which spoke at length regarding NIL and the future of Notre Dame Football..
Did BQ explain how they were going to stop losing 5 stars to the upfront bag? Do you hear that loud barking? That's the sound of UGA's upfront bag all but, locking up JS unless of course Miami or OSU counters. Either way ND is not getting this kid or any other 5 stars, so keep listening to more BS from BQ about NIL and the rest of us will listen to reality!

Last edited:
Justin Scott is going to Miami so he can watch Lionel Messi play. You heard it here first. Well I made it up but what the heck.
Maybe Leonel Messi can connect Saudi Arabian officials to Justin Scott.

Reactions: 1Redrum
Did BQ explain how they were going to stop losing 5 stars to the upfront bag? Do you hear that loud barking? That's the sound of UGA's upfront bag all but, locking up JS unless of course Miami counters. Either way ND is not getting this kid or any other 5 stars, so keep listening to more BS from BQ about NIL and the rest of us will listen to reality!
Carr and Williams are 5 stars.....

Reactions: IrishMike409
Not surprising UGA leads for Scott given their track record of NFL draft picks on the defensive line, but he has family in Georgia as well which is also a positive. Still a ways to go before he makes a decision and things can always change but UGA was always going to be in the mix

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT