ADVERTISEMENT

NDDadx3 says

Fielding Yost.

He's given Notre Dame's aggrieved sensibilities a Yost infection.
That's a good one. That's a good pun. Seriously, that was good. A little levity is always nice.

I'm excusing myself in this thread on the grounds that, considering the zeitgeist still swirling menacingly around us in this country, we've gone way past our quota, or whatever, of delusional self-indulgent shit that we sort of pretend is true because it makes us feel good.

Someone should make a documentary film about all this. I think it could be quite compelling. Call it ND Nation....

Reactions: Silent Banjo
You didn't answer the question, who got better because they joined the Big@#? You said all the fans were bitter. We already have enough ad hominem attacks on this board.

You didn't answer the question, who got better because they joined the Big@#? You said all the fans were bitter. We already have enough ad hominem attacks on this board.
Yeah, I think you know I'm not going to be answering your question. And I think you know why too.

And I'm not sure the word 'bitter' applies. I think it goes way, way, way deeper than that. I'm the one that's bitter if anyone. Bitter over all this pointless and delusional Big Ten bashing. In any case, I've challenged you to get past this, and maybe one day you will. Like I said, something hit me in this thread, and I think it was the specific thought, and the actual visualization, of every single team in the ND athletic department, actually traveling to ACC country, and playing ACC teams, rather than the Big Ten, in order to satisfy this grudge.

And I never quite thought of it that way before. That's about all there is to say...

Yeah, I think you know I'm not going to be answering your question. And I think you know why too.

And I'm not sure the word 'bitter' applies. I think it goes way, way, way deeper than that. I'm the one that's bitter if anyone. Bitter over all this pointless and delusional Big Ten bashing. In any case, I've challenged you to get past this, and maybe one day you will. Like I said, something hit me in this thread, and I think it was the specific thought, and the actual visualization, of every single team in the ND athletic department, actually traveling to ACC country, and playing ACC teams, rather than the Big Ten, in order to satisfy this grudge.

And I never quite thought of it that way before. That's about all there is to say...
Dude, how dense are you? You realize that the travel time to ACC teams is not much different than traveling to Nebraska, Minn, Rutgers, MD, PSU, Iowa, etc. And ND had been used to a national schedule forever in all their sports so this is no sweat off their back

Reactions: tbonesays
Dude, how dense are you? You realize that the travel time to ACC teams is not much different than traveling to Nebraska, Minn, Rutgers, MD, PSU, Iowa, etc. And ND had been used to a national schedule forever in all their sports so this is no sweat off their back
I forgot how belligerent you can be when it comes to defending and denying any sort of possible attack/criticism on ND, and it's place in the world or whatever. I remember you now. You're like one of the palace guards of the whole ND mystique on these boards. Like a janissary or something, unblinking and uncritical. Some of these other dudes might relent a little bit, and maybe grow and change and get past it. Realize how silly they're being. Evolve as people. That sort of thing. Not even that big a deal....

But not you. No way. If ND decided to move to Alaska, for some obscure, arcane reasons that only fans who 'get it' could ever understand, you'd be there, all grim-faced, to help distribute parkas to the faithful. And build igloos....

Obviously I'm not arguing about whether or not ND CAN AFFORD IT..... That they have the actual dollars-and-cents wherewithal to indulge and sustain this Frankenstein's monster. So good thing they can afford it. Maybe that's why ND is supposedly so cost conscious, because they're never entirely sure what might come next. What extra unforeseen expense they might have to take on in order to remain true to their special, unique place in the world, as dictated by things like.... the legacy of Fielding Yost.... So they must always remain vigilant!

So let's drop it. I called you out, I suppose.... and naturally you don't want to accept it. Heck I'm not sure if you're even processing what I'm saying, and I could certainly see someone like yourself being in total denial, like in the clinical sense of the word. So this is my last post in this thread, and you have a nice day....

Last edited:
I forgot how belligerent you can be when it comes to defending and denying any sort of possible attack/criticism on ND, and it's place in the world or whatever. I remember you now. You're like one of the palace guards of the whole ND mystique on these boards. Like a janissary or something, unblinking and uncritical. Some of these other dudes might relent a little bit, and maybe grow and change and get past it. Realize how silly they're being. Evolve as people. That sort of thing. Not even that big a deal....

But not you. No way. If ND decided to move to Alaska, for some obscure, arcane reasons that only fans who 'get it' could ever understand, you'd be there, all grim-faced, to help distribute parkas to the faithful. And build igloos....

Obviously I'm not arguing about whether or not ND CAN AFFORD IT..... That they have the actual dollars-and-cents wherewithal to indulge and sustain this Frankenstein's monster. So good thing they can afford it. Maybe that's why ND is supposedly so cost conscious, because they're never entirely sure what might come next. What extra unforeseen expense they might have to take on in order to remain true to their special, unique place in the world, as dictated by things like.... the legacy of Fielding Yost.... So they must always remain vigilant!

So let's drop it. I called you out, I suppose.... and naturally you don't want to accept it. Heck I'm not sure if you're even processing what I'm saying, and I could certainly see someone like yourself being in total denial, like in the clinical sense of the word. So this is my last post in this thread, and you have a nice day....
This is the third time you promised to leave the thread.....are you sure this time?

As for my belligerence, guilty as charged. Even though my last thread was not intended to be such, I did call you dense and it obviously hurt your feelings. And I have never changed my handle, like you and others, so you should be able to recognize me.

Now, I didn't mention anything about $$$, I talked about the time consumed in traveling to ACC country versus Big10, because your post seemed to feel sorry for the athletes traveling so far. Well, I provided about half of the teams in the big10 that would have travel times consistent with those going to the Carolinas, Virginia and Florida. But you missed that point, as you are consistent. Also, you brought Yost into it, I didn't specifically mention Yost in this thread.

And the last item. Why is it that the 5 posters you have sparred with in this thread including me, have to "evolve" to your thinking, versus the other way around? Is your left wing arrogance so entrenched that, as I said before, you claim to be all inclusive, as long as that inclusivity means we align with your thoughts? LOL. Typical. You proudly have called out any 'right wingers' in this and other recent threads, because they don't agree with you. How hypocritical. Now, I also accept your 'call out', so what is next?

I only skimmed through this thread. Can someone give me the cliff notes version with just the names of the fools who feel ND should join the Big 10 followed by their uninformed and misguided reasons for feeling the Big Ten would be a good destination? (Just kidding...It's Gillig and the only reason he gives is because he likes the Big 10.)

It's always entertaining when the argument starts with..."Ignore a century of history that screams no. I think yes and you are just being stubborn if you don't agree with me."

LOL

I only skimmed through this thread. Can someone give me the cliff notes version with just the names of the fools who feel ND should join the Big 10 followed by their uninformed and misguided reasons for feeling the Big Ten would be a good destination? (Just kidding...It's Gillig and the only reason he gives is because he likes the Big 10.)

It's always entertaining when the argument starts with..."Ignore a century of history that screams no. I think yes and you are just being stubborn if you don't agree with me."

LOL

That about sums it up.

LOL
I'm breaking my little pledge just because you showed up, and I don't think you've ever posted on this board before. But you gotta rally the troops, it's time to circle the wagons, eh user? Desperate times, desperate measures... ND and everything that makes it special and unique and better than everyone else, including the bizarro Big-Ten hating that ultimately resulted in ND actually joining the ACC, and all the rest of the frequently unseemly, quirky arrogance that true fans 'get' and which makes non-believers often recoil is under threat!

And from the inside too... There are dissenters in the ranks and you need to smoke them out! I mean, am I wrong? At the very least you have to make an appearance, and make a pretentious show of how preposterous such accusations are. LOL indeed....

Truth is you're completely backed into a corner. The only play you have, if you're ever put on the spot, is to get loudly snarky and blow it all off and hope that does the trick. Only thing I was tripping on in this thread, for some reason, even though it's already been many years now.... is how this overwrought ND fan culture - for which ND is indeed universally notorious - truly does seem to have resulted in ND joining the ACC, a conference that it is almost impossible to otherwise understand why they would ever join.... And that, at bottom, is why ND is in the ACC. And if not for this continuously, and morbidly nurtured obsession with the Big Ten, we'd be a member of it right now.

Heck it's not even "at bottom", it's right on the surface. There's no other way to explain it, and it is the first thing a disinterested, unfamiliar observer would inquire into, if ND was set to join an athletic conference meant for schools on the southeastern seaboard... Rather than the Big Ten, which ND is located not too far from the geographic center of, and which would in every respect appear to be an ideal conference for them to join.

It doesn't compute.... So again, that's all there is to that. Oh, and let it be known that the Big Ten wants us to join. They don't hold any grudge. I'm under the impression Delaney, or whatever his name was, erstwhile Big Ten commish, was a real prick in general, and played hardball back when all the expansion shit was percolating, and ND was in a position of needing a new home for all the rest of their roster of teams, which of course could not survive as independents, nor should they in any way ever be put in such an arbitrary position. But I'm kind of thinking that didn't make any difference. That bridge is already burned to the bottom of the ravine, and ND is the one that gleefully torched it. And thus, we are proud members of the Atlantic Coast Conference.....

I think maybe after watching the women's BB team play NC State, it all just sort of resonated on some deeper level for some reason, the sort of enormity of the whole thing...

Anyways, you have a good day, user.....

I'm breaking my little pledge just because you showed up, and I don't think you've ever posted on this board before. But you gotta rally the troops, it's time to circle the wagons, eh user? Desperate times, desperate measures... ND and everything that makes it special and unique and better than everyone else, including the bizarro Big-Ten hating that ultimately resulted in ND actually joining the ACC, and all the rest of the frequently unseemly, quirky arrogance that true fans 'get' and which makes non-believers often recoil is under threat!

And from the inside too... There are dissenters in the ranks and you need to smoke them out! I mean, am I wrong? At the very least you have to make an appearance, and make a pretentious show of how preposterous such accusations are. LOL indeed....

Truth is you're completely backed into a corner. The only play you have, if you're ever put on the spot, is to get loudly snarky and blow it all off and hope that does the trick. Only thing I was tripping on in this thread, for some reason, even though it's already been many years now.... is how this overwrought ND fan culture - for which ND is indeed universally notorious - truly does seem to have resulted in ND joining the ACC, a conference that it is almost impossible to otherwise understand why they would ever join.... And that, at bottom, is why ND is in the ACC. And if not for this continuously, and morbidly nurtured obsession with the Big Ten, we'd be a member of it right now.

Heck it's not even "at bottom", it's right on the surface. There's no other way to explain it, and it is the first thing a disinterested, unfamiliar observer would inquire into, if ND was set to join an athletic conference meant for schools on the southeastern seaboard... Rather than the Big Ten, which ND is located not too far from the geographic center of, and which would in every respect appear to be an ideal conference for them to join.

It doesn't compute.... So again, that's all there is to that. Oh, and let it be known that the Big Ten wants us to join. They don't hold any grudge. I'm under the impression Delaney, or whatever his name was, erstwhile Big Ten commish, was a real prick in general, and played hardball back when all the expansion shit was percolating, and ND was in a position of needing a new home for all the rest of their roster of teams, which of course could not survive as independents, nor should they in any way ever be put in such an arbitrary position. But I'm kind of thinking that didn't make any difference. That bridge is already burned to the bottom of the ravine, and ND is the one that gleefully torched it. And thus, we are proud members of the Atlantic Coast Conference.....

I think maybe after watching the women's BB team play NC State, it all just sort of resonated on some deeper level for some reason, the sort of enormity of the whole thing...

What a tool

Reactions: BGI User 756

Exhibit A

Like I said, something hit me in this thread, and I think it was the specific thought, and the actual visualization, of every single team in the ND athletic department, actually traveling to ACC
This is as close you have come to giving us a reason why ND should be in the Bug10. And it is close to the truth. We want to be playing games in the mid-Atlantic and southeast because that is where top recruits are grown. ND can tell blue chips We are coming to your city not 'you need to experience the home crowd of Minneapolis.' And good faith arguments are a lot more fun to boot.

He will keep yelling louder until you convert…or will blame Trump
You're used to this by now.

You're here on a ND website, safe and secure within its reassuring confines. You still want to get in your ostentatiously snarky remarks, and you certainly don't mind the action. But there will never be anything of substance, of any substance whatsoever forthcoming, on this subject. In that sense you are truly paralyzed. And you'd only make a fool of yourself, if, with anything resembling serious intent, you tried to concoct some scathing condemnation of the Big Ten and how shitty it is on the merits, and that's the only reason ND has avoided it.

Everybody knows the real reason. Including yourself.

You're used to this by now.

You're here on a ND website, safe and secure within its reassuring confines. You still want to get in your ostentatiously snarky remarks, and you certainly don't mind the action. But there will never be anything of substance, of any substance whatsoever forthcoming, on this subject. In that sense you are truly paralyzed. And you'd only make a fool of yourself, if, with anything resembling serious intent, you tried to concoct some scathing condemnation of the Big Ten and how shitty it is on the merits, and that's the only reason ND has avoided it.

Everybody knows the real reason. Including yourself.
Man you use a lot of words that say ZER0, you got tea-bagged in this thread. We didn’t know you would enjoy it so much. You were signing off 6 posts ago, you should have done so

Reactions: Golson5
Man you use a lot of words that say ZER0, you got tea-bagged in this thread. We didn’t know you would enjoy it so much. You were signing off 6 posts ago, you should have done so
That's about what I figured. Some of these dudes, it's possible I might get through to them. Give it some time... Even user83, I could see swallowing his pride one day, if the tide ever started to turn in some new direction. All someone like that really wants to do is fit in and conform anyway, so he'll go with the flow if that day ever comes....

But you?? Never, absolutely never. You are the utter epitome of the ugly, sneering, arrogant, paranoid ND fan that everyone hates. Every last characteristic that rival fans hate about ND fans, and ND football more generally, you possess in spades. As the saying goes, you live for it!

So I hope you feel good about that. And not simply because I apparently got tea-bagged in this thread. I literally have to chuckle that you would even bother to say something so stupid and cliche, but that's who you are I guess. You gotta stand up for yourself somehow....

Edit to add this really will be my last post in this thread, just so that we can stop bickering and sniping and all that. And user83, who I remember from way back, decided to make a little post, and I was inspired by that. As I say, I'm sentimental like that.....

Last edited:
That's about what I figured. Some of these dudes, it's possible I might get through to them. Give it some time... Even user83, I could see swallowing his pride one day, if the tide ever started to turn in some new direction. All someone like that really wants to do is fit in and conform anyway, so he'll go with the flow if that day ever comes....

But you?? Never, absolutely never. You are the utter epitome of the ugly, sneering, arrogant, paranoid ND fan that everyone hates. Every last characteristic that rival fans hate about ND fans, and ND football more generally, you possess in spades. As the saying goes, you live for it!

So I hope you feel good about that. And not simply because I apparently got tea-bagged in this thread. I literally have to chuckle that you would even bother to say something so stupid and cliche, but that's who you are I guess. You gotta stand up for yourself somehow....

Edit to add this really will be my last post in this thread, just so that we can stop bickering and sniping and all that. And user83, who I remember from way back, decided to make a little post, and I was inspired by that. As I say, I'm sentimental like that.....
Well you did enjoy it or you wouldn’t have returned 5 times after saying you were done. You can’t help yourself.

And the best part of this thread is how you really think we give a shit what you think, even better than how you try to categorize us because we disagree with you. This isn’t CNN where you get to control the spin. Lol.

Reactions: Golson5
In this thread he is pray&spraysvier
He has had a rough 24 hours.

he got teabagged in the Big10 thread, believed the April Fools thread about Tate and Moore, and thought the OP of another thread on AM and LSU mentioned BK ….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT