ADVERTISEMENT

ND joins a conference, what’s the worst thing that would happen??

Per Rivals, why is Notre Dame out recruiting Penn State? And significantly.

I have zero motivation to be on a Penn State Football Forum. Again. Zero. Why are you here?

Why do some Ohio State and Penn State Football fans obsess about Notre Dame Football, to the point they spend a significant amount of time in a Notre Dame Football Forum?

Because Penn State is a member of the Big Ten, and this new Media contract seems to exponentially favor us at your expense. I thought you guys might have some insight as to how you benefit at all from this thing.

All it does from your point of view is keep you Independent at a cost of roughly $210,000,000 million dollars over the next three years. It will give the Big Ten continuous promotion during your 2:30 NBC window so as to fund at least three of your future opponents millions of dollars to outspend you for players.

That’s very nice of you, and we thank you very much. But you must be getting SOMETHING if you’re not joining. Either way, it definitely affects every team in the Big Ten, mostly in a very positive way.

Reactions: BucksLAN
Because Penn State is a member of the Big Ten, and this new Media contract seems to exponentially favor us at your expense. I thought you guys might have some insight as to how you benefit at all from this thing.

All it does from your point of view is keep you Independent at a cost of roughly $210,000,000 million dollars over the next three years. It will give the Big Ten continuous promotion during your 2:30 NBC window so as to fund at least three of your future opponents millions of dollars to outspend you for players.

That’s very nice of you, and we thank you very much. But you must be getting SOMETHING if you’re not joining. Either way, it definitely affects every team in the Big Ten, mostly in a very positive way.
Per Rivals, Why is Notre Dame significantly out recruiting Penn State??

Why, as a fan, would I care about how much money that we make

Money is never an issue at Notre Dame. I dont care how much money they make, they have a ton

Reactions: tbonesays

Man you have been quite arrogant in this thread…sucks to be you and not able to survive since 1993 without the big10’s help

Adding to this. Nobody cares about conference championships. Can anyone here name the PAC 12 championship winner of 2017? I remember some OSU players got in trouble for trying to sell their conference championship gear. Shows how little it meant to them.
SC, Brian Kelly beat 4 conference champions although two were clumped early

2012 Stanford
2013 Sparty
2017 SC
2020 Clemson*
Why, as a fan, would I care about how much money that we make

Money is never an issue at Notre Dame. I dont care how much money they make, they have a ton
and I won't touch a dime of it.

So you're saying in order for me to have an accurate narrative I need to talk to Michigan fans? No way am I able to form an opinion without them? Ha!
Then ask Baylor Football fans if winning the Big 12 in 2021 was meaningful to them.

My guess is the answer won’t align with your narrative.

Last edited:
Per Rivals, Why is Notre Dame significantly out recruiting Penn State??

LOL! Well, I guess I should feel pretty good about you wanting to compare your recruiting to Penn State. But I would think you would be more interested in out recruiting teams like Ohio State, Alabama, and Georgia. Am I wrong?

LOL! Well, I guess I should feel pretty good about you wanting to compare your recruiting to Penn State. But I would think you would be more interested in out recruiting teams like Ohio State, Alabama, and Georgia. Am I wrong?
Hey Sandusky, just wondering about your opinion of James Frankln's recruiting.

Then ask Baylor Football fans if winning the Big 12 in 2021, was meaningful to them.

My guess is the answer won’t align with your narrative.

Good. Something we can agree on.

Yes!!! Absolutely!!! Positively!!!! A Conference Championship means a LOT!!!!

That was one of the coolest things about joining the BIg Ten!!!

When we were Independent, our season was basically done after our first loss. DEFINITELY after our second loss. Now, even if we have a bad start, we can STILL win a Conference Championship and go to the Rose Bowl!!! Before the opt outs, and the CFP selection making it next to impossible for both the Big Ten and PAC 12 to send their Champions, the Rose Bowl was a pretty big deal!!!!

That’s why I hope the new CFP has automatic qualification for Conference Champions. It takes the fight for the National Championship out of the voter’s hands and into the players on the field.

When we were Independent, our season was basically done after our first loss. DEFINITELY after our second loss. Now, even if we have a bad start, we can STILL win a Conference Championship and go to the Rose Bowl!!! Before the opt outs, and the CFP selection making it next to impossible for both the Big Ten and PAC 12 to send their Champions, the Rose Bowl was a pretty big deal!!!!

That’s why I hope the new CFP has automatic qualification for Conference Champions. It takes the fight for the National Championship out of the voter’s hands and into the players on the field.
Conf champs dont deserve automatix bids.

The best teams do

Reactions: BGI User 756

I have zero interest in Notre Dame having a conference affiliation full time for Football.

Again. Zero.

And the vast vast majority of ND Football fans feel like I do.

Reactions: Irish_Mutt
Hey Sandusky, just wondering about your opinion of James Frankln's recruiting.

Shouldn’t you be more concerned about Ryan Day, Lincoln Riley, and Jeff Brohm??? Those are the guys you are going to be stuffing millions of dollars into the pockets of to outpay you for players.

I don’t think we have you on the schedule in the near future…..at least not yet😉.

Shouldn’t you be more concerned about Ryan Day, Lincoln Riley, and Jeff Brohm??? Those are the guys you are going to be stuffing millions of dollars into the pockets of to outpay you for players.

I don’t think we have you on the schedule in the near future…..at least not yet😉.
Hey Sandusky, if a fan of theirs was in this thread I would ask.

You are.

Simply wondering about your opinion of Marcus Freeman significantly out recruiting James Franklin.

And like Sandusky, deny deny deny.

Yet you are still here 🤣🤣🤣

Hey Sandusky, if a fan of theirs was in this thread I would ask.

You are.

Simply wondering about your opinion of Marcus Freeman significantly out recruiting James Franklin.

And like Sandusky, deny deny deny.

You DO know that the Big Ten will be revenue sharing with players, possibly as early as next year, right? Add that on top of NIL, and you guys are going to have a lot of catching up to do.

If, as some have said, you want to pull it out of your endowment, which I consider to be more for academic endeavors, that’s your choice. But that’s pulling money out of your endowment just to keep up with Purdue, Ohio State, and USC on the football field. Seems like a poor allocation of endowment funds.

Doesn’t seem like you or anyone else there has any answers as to why you guys are allowing the Big Ten to use you like this, which only leads to one conclusion. I’ll allow you to ponder that on your own. 🙂 (And no. It’s nothing dirty like you seem so obsessed about).

In 10 years we would be the same as the other non-state schools that push education. We could compete with Vanderbuilt, Northwestern, Stanford and Duke.

Would be great.
One could argue with the dynamic landscape in CFB that staying independent would yield these results by not being able to schedule enough marquee matchups to keep a lucrative NBC contract.

Will be hard to land that $75 million contract with only USC and maybe another blue blood on the schedule regularly while picking up the scraps from the big12 and pac12.

If ND holds out there is a chance the ACC puts the full court press on to join full time which would lock ND out of another league.

Now's the time to join. The Big10 will be a juggernaut in terms of revenue for it's members with the NYC Chicago and LA markets locked up. They should swing Houston and Cincinatti and call it a league. No way the SEC could compete with TV revenue even with DFW/Austin markets and Atlanta in the bag. ND would be able to play coast to coast games with premier matchups nearly every week and a budget to outrecruit anyone.

Isn’t one of your football coaches in jail for molesting a young boy?
Boys…dozens…
Be better than bringing up that horrific heinous shit @ PSU I

I promise you all those priests that have been at ND...there at present day...the god damn headquarters is located on campus and has 500 members...

..... and those that will be in the future do NOT have a skeleton free closet in the child abuse molestation category.

Just don't go there.

I promise you all those priests that have been at ND...there at present day...the god damn headquarters is located on campus and has 500 members...

..... and those that will be in the future do NOT have a skeleton free closet in the child abuse molestation category.

Just don't go there.
Watch me

Jerry Sandusky

Psu should be ashamed of themselves for allowing a predator to run free in campus and turn a blind eye to it. An absolute disgrace

I just went there

Just don't go there.
get bent...as Sandusky would say.

If you have info about the priests at ND, then spill it or report it. But nice presumption above.

Also the poster I exchanged with was one of the biggest JoePa defenders a few years back

So I.m there, and will again

thats because you guys are pansies at scheduling. Have been for 30 years

Reactions: Golson5
get bent...as Sandusky would say.

If you have info about the priests at ND, then spill it or report it. But nice presumption above.

Also the poster I exchanged with was one of the biggest JoePa defenders a few years back

So I.m there, and will again
x3.

Just asking the question
Oh, I don’t know. What happened to Penn St, Miami, Florida St. and other programs when they joined conferences?

They fell right out of the ranks of perennial national powers, that’s what happened. They all went from being national brands to just another run-of-mill conference member. Why would ND want that.

Have you been on campus lately???

All of the upgrades takes $$$$.

The biggest issue will be qualifying for the CFP. At anytime ND could be on the outside looking in when it comes to qualifying for the CFP.

Are you willing to stay independent and keep your worthless independent tradition if it means ND can no longer qualify for the CFP because only Conferance champions make the playoffs or you have to belong to a conference period???

There are zero reasons to stay independent. How do I know this?

BECAUSE EVERY TOP TEAM IN THE PAST 20 YEARS BELONGS TO A CONFERANCE AND THEY ARE DOING JUST FINE.

Some teams are actually doing better than independent Notre Dame.
Better in revenue
Better in recruiting
Better in wins
Better in championships

ND will NOT be hurt in anyway if they joined a conference.
Bullshit.

Oh, I don’t know. What happened to Penn St, Miami, Florida St. and other former independent programs when they joined conferences?

They fell right out of the ranks of perennial national powers, that’s what happened. They all went from being national brands to just another run-of-mill conference member. Why would ND want that?

Watch me

Jerry Sandusky

Psu should be ashamed of themselves for allowing a predator to run free in campus and turn a blind eye to it. An absolute disgrace

I just went there
And still 5 years old I see.

Quick question...

How big is the dehumidifier in your bedroom because most basements in PA have some kind of water issues.

Oh, I don’t know. What happened to Penn St, Miami, Florida St. and other programs when they joined conferences?

They fell right out of the ranks of perennial national powers, that’s what happened. They all went from being national brands to just another run-of-mill conference member. Why would ND want that.
That had nothing to do with joining a conference.

This is not a good argument.

Why? Because 98% of the county is part of a conference and are doing just fine.

Miami won a National championship 2001 and they were members of a conference.

FSU won a championship part of the ACC.

98% of the country? Who cares? If ND did what 98% of the country did, we wouldn’t be ND.

we haven’t needed to go full membership to date…

and Warren, who was played the woke card of protecting its athletes during 2020, now doesn’t care that USC and UCLA will spend all their time flying across country…

it’s a money grab, and ND, to date, has managed very well on its own. The other 98% has quite a few programs that can’t survive their own growth

Reactions: Golson5
Could we not be like a Pavlovian dog bark SANDUSKY every time a poster from Penn State asks an entire unrelated question?

It's downright common.

That was everyone in the 80s and 90s, Independents and Conference members alike got put on the outside with 1 loss because voters usually loved undefeated teams.

Likewise every first tier team, or even tier 1B, gets a mulligan on the first loss in the playoff era. It applied to ND in 2020 as much as it applied to Bama and Clemson.
One could argue with the dynamic landscape in CFB that staying independent would yield these results by not being able to schedule enough marquee matchups to keep a lucrative NBC contract.

Will be hard to land that $75 million contract with only USC and maybe another blue blood on the schedule regularly while picking up the scraps from the big12 and pac12.

If ND holds out there is a chance the ACC puts the full court press on to join full time which would lock ND out of another league.

Now's the time to join. The Big10 will be a juggernaut in terms of revenue for it's members with the NYC Chicago and LA markets locked up. They should swing Houston and Cincinatti and call it a league. No way the SEC could compete with TV revenue even with DFW/Austin markets and Atlanta in the bag. ND would be able to play coast to coast games with premier matchups nearly every week and a budget to outrecruit anyone.
The SEC has the most territory where people actually care about college football.

It is a great argument. Penn State lost their power. They opened up their territory to recruiting from Michigan and Ohio State so Pennsylvannia kids could play for the dominant power in the conference. There was no reciprocal benefit as Ohio kids were not interested in moving away to join the 3rd best program if they were offered at home by the 1st.

Miami and FSU joined basketball conferences that had no football power so it was no surprise they initially ran roughshod over the basketball schools on the grid iron. But note Miami has been irrelevant once they joined the football configured ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT