ADVERTISEMENT

ND -BYU Game Thread

Great win. I didn't see it, I was working, but was checking the score on my phone. Win over a ranked team. This squad is improving.

So while you are quoting percent of XPs missed…why don’t you also quote the percent of 2 point conversions made for those of us morons who don’t know football. Asking for a friend.
1. Are extra points guaranteed ? Yes or no ?

2. You don’t understand that it if BYU scored two TD’s it didn’t make any difference if ND scored 1 point or no points at 18-6, but it did make a difference if they scored 2 points.

Have someone explain situational football and probabilities to you.
The coaches keep a preprepared chart for these situations.

2. You don’t understand that it if BYU scored two TD’s it didn’t make any difference if ND scored 1 point or no points at 18-6, but it did make a difference if they scored 2 points.

Regardless of what the "charts" say, I don't like going for 2 that early in the game. The odds are less than 50 percent of making it, and you don't know how the scoring the rest of the game will play out.

You never chase points in the first half. Ever

Does anyone have an updated version of the illegal motion rule? ND's right guard(#75) has a habit of moving his left arm and hand in a funny forward motion, like he's pointing, about a half second or so before the snap on i'd guess 90% or more of all plays. I can't believe he's never called for a motion penalty. Can anyone shed light on this? He drives me nuts

Does anyone have an updated version of the illegal motion rule? ND's right guard(#75) has a habit of moving his left arm and hand in a funny forward motion, like he's pointing, about a half second or so before the snap on i'd guess 90% or more of all plays. I can't believe he's never called for a motion penalty. Can anyone shed light on this? He drives me nuts
He taps the center or moves his arm to let him know when to snap

The Dallas Cowboys used to stand up straight and then go into their stance in the 70's. I always assumed as a lineman your feet need to be planted. But I'm guessing.

Regardless of what the "charts" say, I don't like going for 2 that early in the game. The odds are less than 50 percent of making it, and you don't know how the scoring the rest of the game will play out.
What you do know is that BYU will win the game if they score two unanswered TD’s regardless of whether ND makes or misses the EP at 18-6

What you do know is that BYU will win the game if they score two unanswered TD’s regardless of whether ND makes or misses the EP at 18-6
Which is why it makes sense to go for 2 late in the game. But in the 2nd quarter, there could be a lot of scoring yet to come, which could change the calculations.

For example, after missing the 2-pointer to make it 18-6, what if BYU scored a TD to make it 18-13. Then we kicked a FG to make it 21-13. Now we're only up by 8. But if we had kicked the extra point earlier, we'd have 22 and would still be up by 2 scores.

That's why I'm not a fan of chasing points early in the game.

Which is why it makes sense to go for 2 late in the game. But in the 2nd quarter, there could be a lot of scoring yet to come, which could change the calculations.

For example, after missing the 2-pointer to make it 18-6, what if BYU scored a TD to make it 18-13. Then we kicked a FG to make it 21-13. Now we're only up by 8. But if we had kicked the extra point earlier, we'd have 22 and would still be up by 2 scores.

That's why I'm not a fan of chasing points early in the game.
It’s very simple, at the point of the decision, BYU scoring two TD’s beats ND irrespective of whether ND kicks the EP.

You‘re looking at this with the benefit of 20-20 hindsight

He taps the center or moves his arm to let him know when to snap
I don't know if i buy that one. How would you then explain the few times where he doesn't do it ?? I seem to recall a time when once an interior linman was "set", they couldn't so much as flinch, or it was a motion penalty. Of course, i'm a really old geezer. That's why i asked if there has been some amendment to the rules on that. Just baffles me why he's(#75) never called for that. Thought you had to be "set" for a full second BEFORE the snap. I haven't used a stop watch, but i suspect that movement occurs within that parameter. Anyone else care to chime in?? Thanks.

I don't know if i buy that one. How would you then explain the few times where he doesn't do it ?? I seem to recall a time when once an interior linman was "set", they couldn't so much as flinch, or it was a motion penalty. Of course, i'm a really old geezer. That's why i asked if there has been some amendment to the rules on that. Just baffles me why he's(#75) never called for that. Thought you had to be "set" for a full second BEFORE the snap. I haven't used a stop watch, but i suspect that movement occurs within that parameter. Anyone else care to chime in?? Thanks.
A lot of teams do it. You can buy it if you want or not. You do it on the road when there is noise. Rewatch the osu game. Everytime he does it we snap the ball a second later. You can move your hands as much as you want

A lot of teams do it. You can buy it if you want or not. You do it on the road when there is noise. Rewatch the osu game. Everytime he does it we snap the ball a second later. You can move your hands as much as you want
Then how do the other lineman become aware of that blind tap.

Reactions: The Disciple
That would eliminate the advantage that the offense has by knowing the #nap count
Call up the coaches and let them know. I've complained about it for years amd said the same thing. But it's always done

Oh wait we cant say that,because the coaches always know more

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT