ADVERTISEMENT

Natty Championship game Washington VS Michigan

Where did I mention BK or Swinney? Neither of whom I consider great coaches. I consider Switzer, Osborne, Meyer and Saban great coaches. You have guys like Paterno, Smart, Swinney with 2 that can make their case. But 1? No way. Not when you have scrubs like Ogeron, Coker, Chizik, and J Fisher sitting with 1 National Championship.
Sometimes, a coach gets great results, not by his field generalship, but by who he hires.

Everything I said about Harbaugh was factual. I left out the fact SF wanted to trade him to the Cleveland Browns because he’s such a prick. Go to Ann Arbor with your anointing oil. And help the NCAA with the cheating investigation.

You have less skills than I imagined. Poor baby I think I just hurt your feelings. Don’t look now but I clubbed a baby seal. Adios Mrs Harbaugh.
Are you talking about the same SF team he coached to the super bowl?

Everything I said about Harbaugh was factual. I left out the fact SF wanted to trade him to the Cleveland Browns because he’s such a prick. Go to Ann Arbor with your anointing oil. And help the NCAA with the cheating investigation.

You have less skills than I imagined. Poor baby I think I just hurt your feelings. Don’t look now but I clubbed a baby seal. Adios Mrs Harbaugh.
Brush up on your history. There was a power struggle with Baalke.

Where’s baalke now? Oh that’s right he’s an incompetent. While harbaugh has great success every where he goes

Refs missed alot of holding penalties
Actually in every game, and probably on every play there are several penalties, and the refs either miss them or ignore them.

I was an offense lineman in high school and college and admit I held on almost every play, but rarely if ever "got caught". Then while in grad school, I was an assistant coach at my alma mater and admittedly taught my OL how to hold on their blocks. I knew what the refs would see and call, and what they wouldn't call (though it was illegal).

Actually in every game, and probably on every play there are several penalties, and the refs either miss them or ignore them.

I was an offense lineman in high school and college and admit I held on almost every play, but rarely if ever "got caught". Then while in grad school, I was an assistant coach at my alma mater and admittedly taught my OL how to hold on their blocks. I knew what the refs would see and call, and what they wouldn't call (though it was illegal).
I wouldn’t be proud of teaching players how to cheat.

In golf, players call penalties on themselves, it’s called honor and integrity

BK was 59-31 from 2010-2016, 4-8 in 2016 before he went on his run. The only difference, Harbaugh actually won games in the biggest moments, with BK we are still waiting even at LSU.

Dabo took 5-6 years before he got Clemson to win a NC.
Clemson was far from a blue blood or power. He built that program from scratch. Much bigger rebuilding project than UM and went head to head with Bama in their prime, not the years when they skated by USF. No doubt Harbaugh is a great coach but he found the perfect storm of a down year, down OSU teams, easy schedules and did it recruiting ~15th. Not sustainable

Clemson was far from a blue blood or power. He built that program from scratch. Much bigger rebuilding project than UM and went head to head with Bama in their prime, not the years when they skated by USF. No doubt Harbaugh is a great coach but he found the perfect storm of a down year, down OSU teams, easy schedules and did it recruiting ~15th. Not sustainable
Why is everybody trying to diminish Harbaugh’s accomplishments and Michigan’s success?
Harbaugh proved himself against the most difficult competition in all of football, the NFL

His record in the NFL is spectacular. Take a look at his winning percentage. It’s beyond impressive

And then you want to diminish his record by saying that the level of competition wasn’t that great

Harbaugh did not craft Michigan’s schedule, he just played the teams that were presented to him.

Did Clemson and Alabama have patsies on their schedule?

Stop being petty, and give Harbaugh credit for taking over a program and building it into a national championship program

Last edited:
Why is everybody trying to diminish Harbaugh’s accomplishments and Michigan success?
Harbaugh proved himself against the most difficult competition and all the football, the NFL

His record in the NFL is spectacular. Take a look at his winning percentage. It’s beyond impressive

And then you want to diminish his record by saying that the level of competition wasn’t that great

Harbaugh did not craft Michigan’s schedule, he just played the teams that were presented to him.

Did Clemson and Alabama have Patsys on their schedule?

Stop being petty, and give Harbaugh credit for taking over a program and building it into a national championship program
Not being petty, just stating the differences in coaches. One built a program and has had more success, one took 9 years to take a blue blood there. Big fan of Harbaugh

Not being petty, just stating the differences in coaches. One built a program and has had more success, one took 9 years to take a blue blood there. Big fan of Harbaugh
It took Dabo 9 years to win a NC at Clemson. But I agree what he did was more impressive

I wouldn’t be proud of teaching players how to cheat.

In golf, players call penalties on themselves, it’s called honor and integrity

Cheat? As I said, there is holding on almost every play and this means by both teams. So to be even with your opponents, you have to do it when necessary, but know what the refs wont call. If they call it, then stop doing it.

The same could probably be said for other sports that have refs/umps.

And the circumstances were identical ? ? ?

Cheat? As I said, there is holding on almost every play and this means by both teams. So to be even with your opponents, you have to do it when necessary, but know what the refs wont call. If they call it, then stop doing it.

The same could probably be said for other sports that have refs/umps.
Golf has referees and that doesn’t happen in golf.

teaching players to cheat is wrong

SCREW MICHIGAN
you must have a very empty life if you’re that upset about a football team

Those kids played hard, they played smart, and they won a national championship, and they deserve all the credit in the world

Stop being a dick, if that’s possible

you must have a very empty life if you’re that upset about a football team

Those kids played hard, they played smart, and they won a national championship, and they deserve all the credit in the world

Stop being a dick, if that’s possible
They do deserve all the credit

And also, as always, SCREW MICHIGAN

Why is everybody trying to diminish Harbaugh’s accomplishments and Michigan’s success?
Harbaugh proved himself against the most difficult competition in all of football, the NFL

Did Clemson and Alabama have patsies on their schedule?

I'm a somebody and haven't

Reactions: IrishHerb
Where did I mention BK or Swinney? Neither of whom I consider great coaches. I consider Switzer, Osborne, Meyer and Saban great coaches. You have guys like Paterno, Smart, Swinney with 2 that can make their case. But 1? No way. Not when you have scrubs like Ogeron, Coker, Chizik, and J Fisher sitting with 1 National Championship.
So I guess Holtz isn't a great coach since he only got 1 championship.

Hail to The Victors. ND should be reassured that Northern teams can still win it all.

53452407048_7f6e5f400f_c.jpg

Go Blue!

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Positive. Wadsworth worked for Monk Malloy.
In any substantive and efficient organization Direct reports don’t get micromanaged by the COO
And in the great majority of cases, the COO approves of the decisions made by their direct reports
I think if you’ll look deeper, you’ll see that the impetus came from Wadsworth

Reactions: deadirishpoet
In any substantive and efficient organization Direct reports don’t get micromanaged by the COO
And in the great majority of cases, the COO approves of the decisions made by their direct reports
I think if you’ll look deeper, you’ll see that the impetus came from Wadsworth

It is possible that ND operates a bit differently than other organizations. Why do I say that? Years ago when Krause was AD and Joyce was the executive VP and I was on the athletic council at the college I taught at, my AD's report on annual NCAA meetings said that with ND it was almost always Joyce, not Krause, who was the more active participant. Just seems like at ND the Holy Cross fathers who run the place are more involved in things than the administrations at many other colleges and universities.

As for Holtz's ouster, it is possible it originated from the academic side. There may have been complaints of the type of students he was or was trying to bring in that started the wheels turning .

I live in Washington state and the folk here are not happy with the way DeBoer handled this. One local radio guy said he was crying false tears mentioning the Huskies at the Alabama press conference and called him a phony. What a difference 2 weeks makes. These guys loved him 2 weeks ago.

I know for a fact that Clemson was buying players........
Yes. No doubt.

Not certain if they utilized McDonald's bags of cash like Tennessee; however, I agree.

Paying players has been going on for decades in CFB. Many places.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT