• LSU

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Clemson

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters

Catholicfan95

ND Expert
Jun 3, 2013
Since the game is right around the corner I wanted to see the boards thoughts.

It is clear that we have the 2 best teams in the country competing, though I will openly admit I wanted to see Ohio State vs LSU but championship teams know how to win, even when they are not playing their best.

Clemson was able to run TL last game for an astonishing 107 yards on 16 attempts for 1 TD. On the year prior to that he was sitting at about 400 yards and 8 TD's. What that means to me is that Clemson was able to pin point Ohio States strength of getting to the Qb and made a great adjustment. Granted it does help to have a great talent like TL at the helm but it was still a great game plan. I will add that Ohio State was able to get to TL several times so they were not held completely without success. Another stat that jumped out to me that centered around Clemson's game plan was RB Travis E. who was the leading receiver with 98 yards and 2 TD's. Just another example of Clemson wanting to neutralize the ED rush that Ohio State has. If there is any coach in the country that does not get enough credit for his football IQ it is Dabo. A lot of posters here as well as media paint him as a cheerleader type of coach and a rah rah guy, but it is clear that he is more than capable of elite status on the field as well.

LSU was on fire and there is not really anything more to say about it. They played an inferior opponent and it showed. OU was completely and utterly out manned and out performed. Joe Burrow is throwing the ball better than any college QB I have seen in the past 5 years. Regardless of stats from Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Tua, Joe possess a natural ability to step up in the pocket under immense pressure and make accurate throws. This live link from a very credible metric and stats site (Pro Football Focus) goes into more detail than just the eye test and highlights Joe's ability better than any other site I have come across. https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-joe-burrow-best-college-qb-of-the-pff-era I encourage everyone to take a look at this as this is the best metric site out and it does an incredible job of getting stats and breaking them down so that even those whose football IQ is a little lower can clearly see the picture.

I fell like this is a pick em game though the line just shifted to -6 LSU https://thespun.com/acc/clemson-tigers/betting-line-for-lsu-vs-clemson-has-shifted

It is going to be a close game at first but I feel like LSU will pull away, or at least I hope it will be entertaining.

My pick is LSU over Clemson 42-28. Again, I feel like a close start with LSU pulling away with about 11 minutes left in the 3rd.

Reactions: rgc7
Wont give a great write up like you did..... but I have Clemson winning.... Vennables will find a way to slow down Joe B.

Clemson 27
LSU 21

Could see it! I'm pulling for the tigers....of LSU. Just want to be entertained like we have been in years past! Congrats on the bowl mania by the way, you killed it.

Reactions: nemeth#5
I don't have a favorite in this game, but I find both Ed Orgeron and Brent Venables very entertaining. Two characters who are comfortable in their own skin.

I don't have a favorite in this game, but I find both Ed Orgeron and Brent Venables very entertaining. Two characters who are comfortable in their own skin.

Is a wonder Venables has never been on the move for a HC position. Maybe he's a bud foster type?

LSU, way too much NFL talent and Burrow is special.

I agree. I think he's going to translate better in the NFL than any other QB in the draft this year. Not sold on Tua.

Anxious to see if Clemson runs TL like they did against OSU.

Wont give a great write up like you did..... but I have Clemson winning.... Vennables will find a way to slow down Joe B.

Clemson 27
LSU 21
No way LSU get held to just 21 by Clemson in the Superdome

LSU 41
Clemson 31

LSU has been the best team all year. Best team in best conference. Too much Burrow and LSU weapons. It'll be a good game but LSU pulls away

It has been so long that I have moved from college to the pros. The two weeks between the semifinals and finals might be too long. I have lost interest despite it being a great game.

No way LSU get held to just 21 by Clemson in the Superdome

LSU 41
Clemson 31

LSU has been the best team all year. Best team in best conference. Too much Burrow and LSU weapons. It'll be a good game but LSU pulls away
If you want to give me 8 points, I will bet ya? We could do it through paypal or venmo?

If you want to give me 8 points, I will bet ya? We could do it through paypal or venmo?
I wouldn't bet the spread. And if I did, the line is 5.5. Why would I give you more than Vegas. That's not happening

Do you want to bet that LSU will score more than 21 though ??

I wouldn't bet the spread. And if I did, the line is 5.5. Why would I give you more than Vegas. That's not happening

Do you want to bet that LSU will score more than 21 though ??
Your same sound logic as to not giving me 8 would apply to me not betting you on LSU only scoring 21.

I don't really want to hear SEC SEC SEC everyday until next football season. I really hope Clemson shuts their mouth Monday Night. LSU does look unstoppable right now. I think I'll post the ND Victory March everyday through next August if LSU wins. Yeah that's what I'll do.

I think Clemson's playoff experience edge will give them the edge. And Venables will figure out a way to slow LSU down a little. Clemson, 31-27.

Clemson was fortunate to win the playoff game. Ohio State made costly mistakes. Clemson won and deserved to win .However, I still think Ohio State is the better team. My opinion means zero, I get that. So with that said, I think LSU wins this game. LSU 45 Clemson 24

Reactions: rgc7
Clemson was fortunate to win the playoff game. Ohio State made costly mistakes. Clemson won and deserved to win .However, I still think Ohio State is the better team. My opinion means zero, I get that. So with that said, I think LSU wins this game. LSU 45 Clemson 24

Your opinions means just as much as the rest of us turkeys lol. I agree with you though, had Ohio State not settled for field goals they would have throttled Clemson. Ohio State LSU was the Gabe I wanted!

Reactions: tkirish
The great Russell Wilson, ACC quarterback of the year his freshman year, was a 2 star according to Rivals and Scout.

There's always going to be players that break the mold, both ways really. Gunner Kiel was a total bust right? So it's not just applicable to guys who put do their ranking.

In my opinion the star rankings are normally spot on, but it's hard to measure how a kid will do a next level. Some crumble and some rise to the occasion. I like using Tennessee as an example. They were loaded with talent for 3-5 years and sucked because of coaching mainly. You just don't know what's going to happen to 18 year olds if they land in the wrong spot.

They say recruit the player not the rating and I agree. Just as many busts as there have been 2-3 turn out to be all Americans.

I genuinely don’t know. I cannot tell who is better but I’m leaning more towards LSU. The magic of burrow and the fact that they are playing in New Orleans are important.

Literally any outcome would not surprise me for this game, a Clemson close win or blow out or an LSU close win or blowout.

Burrow and LSU seem to having such a fun, magical season. They are more tested than Clemson, although Clemson did have the battle against tOSU. So for that reason I’d probably lean LSU

Due to many years spending a lot of time with family and friends in SC, and having know a few Clemson coaches Of past years personally as business associates, my heart is with Clemson. However, watching Burrow and LSU play this year,
My logic tells me that LSU wins hands down !
LSU by 17 points.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
The three things that no star system can grade is the competitive fire in their belly; their football IQ; and some guys will to win shines the brightest when the games on the line. They make a knack of pulling games from the jaws of defeat.

Last edited:
Reading some articles over this past weekend on the Athletic really have me excited about this game (Pay for read or I'd paste the link).

For whatever reason this seems to be one of the most hyped games since the CFP and honestly in the past 10 years or so. It got me to thinking about the 05' game and how great it was.

We've seen some awesome NC games no doubt, but will this be the best one yet?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...pionship-game-vs-clemson-cancels-classes/amp/

Reading some articles over this past weekend on the Athletic really have me excited about this game (Pay for read or I'd paste the link).

For whatever reason this seems to be one of the most hyped games since the CFP and honestly in the past 10 years or so. It got me to thinking about the 05' game and how great it was.

We've seen some awesome NC games no doubt, but will this be the best one yet?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...pionship-game-vs-clemson-cancels-classes/amp/
The 05 game was the greatest Championship game I've ever seen. Maybe in any sport. Everything about it was special

Reactions: Catholicfan95
Since the game is right around the corner I wanted to see the boards thoughts.

It is clear that we have the 2 best teams in the country competing, though I will openly admit I wanted to see Ohio State vs LSU but championship teams know how to win, even when they are not playing their best.

Clemson was able to run TL last game for an astonishing 107 yards on 16 attempts for 1 TD. On the year prior to that he was sitting at about 400 yards and 8 TD's. What that means to me is that Clemson was able to pin point Ohio States strength of getting to the Qb and made a great adjustment. Granted it does help to have a great talent like TL at the helm but it was still a great game plan. I will add that Ohio State was able to get to TL several times so they were not held completely without success. Another stat that jumped out to me that centered around Clemson's game plan was RB Travis E. who was the leading receiver with 98 yards and 2 TD's. Just another example of Clemson wanting to neutralize the ED rush that Ohio State has. If there is any coach in the country that does not get enough credit for his football IQ it is Dabo. A lot of posters here as well as media paint him as a cheerleader type of coach and a rah rah guy, but it is clear that he is more than capable of elite status on the field as well.

LSU was on fire and there is not really anything more to say about it. They played an inferior opponent and it showed. OU was completely and utterly out manned and out performed. Joe Burrow is throwing the ball better than any college QB I have seen in the past 5 years. Regardless of stats from Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Tua, Joe possess a natural ability to step up in the pocket under immense pressure and make accurate throws. This live link from a very credible metric and stats site (Pro Football Focus) goes into more detail than just the eye test and highlights Joe's ability better than any other site I have come across. https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-joe-burrow-best-college-qb-of-the-pff-era I encourage everyone to take a look at this as this is the best metric site out and it does an incredible job of getting stats and breaking them down so that even those whose football IQ is a little lower can clearly see the picture.

I fell like this is a pick em game though the line just shifted to -6 LSU https://thespun.com/acc/clemson-tigers/betting-line-for-lsu-vs-clemson-has-shifted

It is going to be a close game at first but I feel like LSU will pull away, or at least I hope it will be entertaining.

My pick is LSU over Clemson 42-28. Again, I feel like a close start with LSU pulling away with about 11 minutes left in the 3rd.
i like Clemson straight up. high scoring affair i think with two offenses that are pretty even but Clemson with the far better defense. Clemson 48 LSU 34.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT