ADVERTISEMENT

Mystifying and sad

Who the hell does she think she is? FBI for a high school party 36 yrs ago! FBI? a bit self absorbed, huh?
Why doesn’t someone come out and blatantly put this ‘thing’ in her place!
A 36 year old groop or typical move for 1st base as was a dating ritual. Wow.
This is not a federal offense! It is not even a crime.
I hope the republicans investigate every single date she was ever on, and list every single sexual encounter she ever had.

Dude, you know nothing about what happened. If true, this wasn't just some harmless grope (is there such a thing?). Why do you call her a "thing"? If she was, in fact, a victim of an attempted sexual crime, it doesn't matter if it was from a teenage boy or that it happened 36 years ago.

I'm glad I'm not having my past dug into like this but, then again, I'm not seeking a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land. I expect that the SC justices should be the best of the best and if, in fact, he made a sexual assault (please note that I have no information whether or not he did), he is not amongst the best of the best.

Maybe this is just a political stunt by the Dems. Again, I don't have enough information to support that opinion and I suspect that none of you do either. I will, however, treat the accuser with respect until, and unless, it is determined that she is being untruthful.

Reactions: rgc7
^ you kidding. It was described by her as a grope through her clothes. 36 years ago? at a pkace she can’t recall? details she never mentioned or reported? Witch hunt is the correct term in this situation. Every single female in in every single town in every single country in the world who dated has had guys try for 1st base.
How many guys have ever done that?
Do we have the FBI investigate every one of these incidents in an act of equal justice.

If she want to be investigated, I hope the Repubs do just that. Dig deep.

I'm not sure if I agree about the 1%. They pay quite a bit in taxes, but there might be something to the tax plan.
A flat tax might just be the best way to hand this. No more loopholes, or taxes breaks
An economist for CCIM was speaking at a meeting I attended last night. He noted that right now it looks like US tax revenues are going to grow by around 4.2% this year, the year following a pretty broad tax cut. So the short term answer is that the tax cuts worked as theorized and intended. The long term remains to be seen.

Dude, you know nothing about what happened.

Well Joy Behar announced today that Kavanaugh is "probably guilty", so she must know something. Right? ;)

The reality is nobody's ever going to know, and a hearing on Monday isn't going to change that one iota.

As to the question as to whether this is a Democratic political stunt:

-The accuser is a devout anti-Trump progressive academic
-She hires a devout progressive anti-Trump activist lawyer
-Instead of providing the letter to the head of the judiciary committee, she sends it to anti-Trump progressive dinosaur Diane Feinstein
-Feinstein thinks its so important and relevant to the confirmation process that she sits on it for several weeks and fails to even mention it during the confirmation process when it could have been dealt in a more orderly fashion. Then drops in on everyone when a vote is imminent for maximum shock value.
-Dems then, in a show of ignorance of how the Justice Department works, demand an FBI investigation of an incident that would not be a federal crime even if it had been committed, and is an entire generation past the statute of limitations even if it has been committed.

If Feinstein had brought it up immediately, maybe you MIGHT make an argument that this is all above board and legit. Her actions basically made it a political stunt and pretty much de-legitimized it by doing so. I'm sure she thought she was being really coy and clever with her chicanery, but she turned Kavanaugh into a sympathetic victim by not being more forthright. California should send her out to pasture, though I dread the thought as to who would replace her in northern California.

Well Joy Behar announced today that Kavanaugh is "probably guilty", so she must know something. Right? ;)

The reality is nobody's ever going to know, and a hearing on Monday isn't going to change that one iota.

As to the question as to whether this is a Democratic political stunt:

-The accuser is a devout anti-Trump progressive academic
-She hires a devout progressive anti-Trump activist lawyer
-Instead of providing the letter to the head of the judiciary committee, she sends it to anti-Trump progressive dinosaur Diane Feinstein
-Feinstein thinks its so important and relevant to the confirmation process that she sits on it for several weeks and fails to even mention it during the confirmation process when it could have been dealt in a more orderly fashion. Then drops in on everyone when a vote is imminent for maximum shock value.
-Dems then, in a show of ignorance of how the Justice Department works, demand an FBI investigation of an incident that would not be a federal crime even if it had been committed, and is an entire generation past the statute of limitations even if it has been committed.

If Feinstein had brought it up immediately, maybe you MIGHT make an argument that this is all above board and legit. Her actions basically made it a political stunt and pretty much de-legitimized it by doing so. I'm sure she thought she was being really coy and clever with her chicanery, but she turned Kavanaugh into a sympathetic victim by not being more forthright. California should send her out to pasture, though I dread the thought as to who would replace her in northern California.

This Ms. Ford’s accusation also raises one other big question ? Who is paying her lawyers ?
Follow the money ! George Soros ? The DNC ?
I guess that will be something that never comes out ?
Here is my other question ? It is certainly a she said , he said, but if it is under oath, could one or the other be charged with perjury ? Could that be why Ms. Ford doesn’t want to testify under oath ?

The problem is that this is a classic "he said; she said" situation. There will be no lawsuit or other determination of his innocence or guilt. The question is going to be whether or not there is enough "smoke" to support a vote against him. Trump has repeatedly proven that his supporters don't care about smoke or even a raging inferno. They support him through thick and thin. The question is whether the Senate will vote for Kavanaugh despite these allegations (like they did with Clarence Thomas) or whether they will avoid the political backlash and vote against him. These are interesting times we live in.
So you are saying these allegation which are becoming ever more clear to be nothing but a stunt to prevent his confirmation to create a political backlash in front of the eyes of his wife and children are free from consequences?

I dont think so!

Here is a man by all accounts an honorable man who will be confirm and the demericates have sank to a new low between Spartacus, Harris blatantly giving false statements, and now Feinstein holding on to this till the last desperate moment with th his stunt.

This has nothing to do with president Trump....regardless which GOP would of been president the Democrats would of pulled this crap.......as far as inferno??????we will see when FISA released.

This Ms. Ford’s accusation also raises one other big question ? Who is paying her lawyers ?
Follow the money ! George Soros ? The DNC ?
I guess that will be something that never comes out ?
Here is my other question ? It is certainly a she said , he said, but if it is under oath, could one or the other be charged with perjury ? Could that be why Ms. Ford doesn’t want to testify under oath ?

rgc you raise an interesting question but the make certain suggestions without any basis for doing so. There will never be a perjury charge because it will be impossible to prove which one of them is lying.

I'm curious if you and twalsh were similarly outraged when the Merrick Garland nomination was shelved by the Republicans.

So you are saying these allegation which are becoming ever more clear to be nothing but a stunt to prevent his confirmation to create a political backlash in front of the eyes of his wife and children are free from consequences?

I dont think so!

Here is a man by all accounts an honorable man who will be confirm and the demericates have sank to a new low between Spartacus, Harris blatantly giving false statements, and now Feinstein holding on to this till the last desperate moment with th his stunt.

This has nothing to do with president Trump....regardless which GOP would of been president the Democrats would of pulled this crap.......as far as inferno??????we will see when FISA released.

How are these allegations becoming more clear? If anything, they are becoming less clear. This may well be a stunt, I just don't know. I'm not sure this is anything worse than the stunt that Mitch McConnell pulled with Merrick Garland.

If you look at the past four or five SCOTUS nomination processes one thing is abundantly clear. One party is interested in capable jurists on the court, one is interested in like minded ideologues on the court. Republicans treated both Ginsberg and Alito with due respect, and voted to confirm them because they were worthy jurists. Kavanaugh is as worthy a nominee as we have had in decades, and look at the circus we are living through. No doubt who the clowns are in this circus.

guilt? what world/planet of m/f relationships are you from?

and this was in a different era, before woman took control of the mecia and Democratic party. When the mood was rational and just before selfish unbridled political and financial gain was the only morality in play.

rgc you raise an interesting question but the make certain suggestions without any basis for doing so. There will never be a perjury charge because it will be impossible to prove which one of them is lying.

I'm curious if you and twalsh were similarly outraged when the Merrick Garland nomination was shelved by the Republicans.

hmmm, the same Dems worried about a 36 year old undocumented unsubstantiated event at a house party had any sense of moral compass when they were defending Bill Clintons actions?

Duck,
No I was not concerned about Merrick Garland because Obama’s term was nearly over in a matter of months, and no one was accusing Garland of Alleged
crimes and besmirching his character or morals.
The Democrats simply did not have control of the Senate to get him nominated ! As
Obama himself said “ Elections have consequences !
On the perjury thing, I’ll bow to your legal opinion.

How are these allegations becoming more clear? If anything, they are becoming less clear. This may well be a stunt, I just don't know. I'm not sure this is anything worse than the stunt that Mitch McConnell pulled with Merrick Garland.
You can blame Joe Biden for throwing down that gauntlet

Reactions: Pennick4
Duck,
No I was not concerned about Merrick Garland because Obama’s term was nearly over in a matter of months, and no one was accusing Garland of Alleged
crimes and besmirching his character or morals.
The Democrats simply did not have control of the Senate to get him nominated ! As
Obama himself said “ Elections have consequences !
On the perjury thing, I’ll bow to your legal opinion.

Merrick Garland was nominated on March 16th, when Obama still had 10 months left in office. He was just as qualified as Kavanaugh for the SC and yet the Republicans wouldn't hold hearings or even meet with him. If this is nothing but "tit for tat" from the Democrats, than so be it and we can say "a pox on both their houses" for all of this political BS.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Biden would probably nod off during his 1st debate. Biden is the prototypical pol for hire.

Follow the precedent of George Bush back with Anita Hill. It took 3 days for the FBI to investigate in that instance. Easy peasy.

The GOP can't cry about delaying tactics after what they pulled with Obama's nomination.

Reactions: Irish Duck
Follow the precedent of George Bush back with Anita Hill. It took 3 days for the FBI to investigate in that instance. Easy peasy.

The GOP can't cry about delaying tactics after what they pulled with Obama's nomination.
If they had found anything substantive re Anita Hill, could there have been a crime committed? Because there wouldn't be anything criminal here no matter what they found. So why would law enforcement have an interest?

And if you want to go back that far in history, I suggest you look at the confirmation hearings of Alito, Ginsburg, Sotomayor and Kagan. Check out how Republicans treated them, even though they were proposed by Democrat Presidents.

Hmmm, odd that both times we've had a last second surprise witness accusing a potential justice with a sexually related offense, it's been a conservative jurist that Dems badly wanted to defeat. I'm sure that's purely coincidence.

Reactions: Irish Duck and rgc7
If they had found anything substantive re Anita Hill, could there have been a crime committed? Because there wouldn't be anything criminal here no matter what they found. So why would law enforcement have an interest?

And if you want to go back that far in history, I suggest you look at the confirmation hearings of Alito, Ginsburg, Sotomayor and Kagan. Check out how Republicans treated them, even though they were proposed by Democrat Presidents.

Hmmm, odd that both times we've had a last second surprise witness accusing a potential justice with a sexually related offense, it's been a conservative jurist that Dems badly wanted to defeat. I'm sure that's purely coincidence.

It is a good thing this plot to derail the nominee was started six years ago. That is some prescient shit.

I hate to say this, but I think the Democrats will succeed in denying Kavanaugh ever getting on the Supreme Court ?
chuck Grassley is too much of a gentleman, and the Democrats have made a complete circus out of the whole proceeding.Unless I am reading “ Fake News”, Right at this moment radical left activist have taken over his office and are eating lunch there ! The police have arrested unruly mobs outside as well.
He has bent over backwards to Ms. Ford, and I just heard that Ms. Ford’s lawyer says she Will appear
Under certain conditions especially if her .” Safety “ is insured ! Since the only “ Mob “ and disruptive
Actions are coming from the Democrats, I doubt very much that Ms. Ford has any thing to fear.
The lawyer went on further to say something to the effect that “ Monday “ was too arbitrary “.
So it looks like another delaying tactic ?
I don’t think the Republicans have the Spine to say. “ you are invited to attend the hearings under Oath
On Monday to make any statement that you so desire. If you do not appear on Monday, the Committee
Will move forward to a vote on Mr Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the S.C.
Even then there are 4 RINOs that can and may cast no votes?
I hope that I am wrong on this, but when push comes to shove there are always just enough RINOs who
Go with the Democrates.
Playing the Gender Card, the Rowe v Wade card, and Now the last minute “ Me Too Card “,
along with intimidation from disruptive mobs will win the day for the Left.
I hope that I am dead wrong on this, but I fear that I am not !

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I hate to say this, but I think the Democrats will succeed in denying Kavanaugh ever getting on the Supreme Court ?
chuck Grassley is too much of a gentleman, and the Democrats have made a complete circus out of the whole proceeding.Unless I am reading “ Fake News”, Right at this moment radical left activist have taken over his office and are eating lunch there ! The police have arrested unruly mobs outside as well.
He has bent over backwards to Ms. Ford, and I just heard that Ms. Ford’s lawyer says she Will appear
Under certain conditions especially if her .” Safety “ is insured ! Since the only “ Mob “ and disruptive
Actions are coming from the Democrats, I doubt very much that Ms. Ford has any thing to fear.
The lawyer went on further to say something to the effect that “ Monday “ was too arbitrary “.
So it looks like another delaying tactic ?
I don’t think the Republicans have the Spine to say. “ you are invited to attend the hearings under Oath
On Monday to make any statement that you so desire. If you do not appear on Monday, the Committee
Will move forward to a vote on Mr Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the S.C.
Even then there are 4 RINOs that can and may cast no votes?
I hope that I am wrong on this, but when push comes to shove there are always just enough RINOs who
Go with the Democrates.
Playing the Gender Card, the Rowe v Wade card, and Now the last minute “ Me Too Card “,
along with intimidation from disruptive mobs will win the day for the Left.
I hope that I am dead wrong on this, but I fear that I am not !
If this tactic works, it will mark a new low for the Senate. And it could doom the Dems in the midterms.

If this tactic works, it will mark a new low for the Senate. And it could doom the Dems in the midterms.

I hope you are right about dooming the Dems in the midterms ? I hope and pray that Republicans
Can get out the vote ? We need a Hugh Red Wave of real conservatives like Jim Jordan rather than
My own state’s Rino ,Jeff Flake !

Reactions: Pennick4
Pretty soon she will claim Trump was at the party.

I have a little more hope today that I am wrong about Kavanaugh getting confirmed to the S.C.
It seems that the vote will not be delayed, and Mitch McConnell came out to day and said that Kavanaugh
Will soon be on the S.C. ! So I guess he has the votes lined up to get the job done ?
But as Yogi Said: “ It an,t over till it’s over ! “

I have a little more hope today that I am wrong about Kavanaugh getting confirmed to the S.C.
It seems that the vote will not be delayed, and Mitch McConnell came out to day and said that Kavanaugh
Will soon be on the S.C. ! So I guess he has the votes lined up to get the job done ?
But as Yogi Said: “ It an,t over till it’s over ! “
Pretty bizarre request from the accuser. She wants Kavanaugh to be questioned first, akin to the defense presenting their case before the prosecution in a trial. A couple lawyers I heard today said that there's no way anyone with a brain is going to agree to that, and even requesting it is so off the wall that it seems to fall into the "delay delay delay" theme more than anything else, since her counsel has to know that its a ridiculous request. I wish I shared your confidence, but I'm not convinced.

Reactions: francade
Pretty bizarre request from the accuser. She wants Kavanaugh to be questioned first, akin to the defense presenting their case before the prosecution in a trial. A couple lawyers I heard today said that there's no way anyone with a brain is going to agree to that, and even requesting it is so off the wall that it seems to fall into the "delay delay delay" theme more than anything else, since her counsel has to know that its a ridiculous request. I wish I shared your confidence, but I'm not convinced.

TWalsh ,
I also heard or read that my senator, Jeff Flake said yesterday that he was not ready to vote Kavanaugh out of committee ? What a disappointment Flake has been to me. When he was my Congressman, I had called his office two or three times to get help and advice on a few occasions,
And they were absolutely super! So when he ran for the Senate, I was very happy to vote for him.
What a Rino he became since he got to the Senate.
I am hoping that Mitch McConnell knows what he is talking about , and that he has all the votes.
This Dr.Ford and her lawyers are completely off the wall, and seem to be only interested in delaying,
Besmirching Kavanaugh, and causing mayhem!
I don’t say this to be cruel, but haw can anyone believe anything she says ? Based on what
We have learned so far, the women seems psychologically unfit to even testify ?
She never reported the incident to anyone, later married ,had children ,and had a career, them she had problems in her marriage?
So 30 some years later she and her husband go for marriage counseling, then at some time during that counseling she “ remembers “ that 4 boys tried .”to rape” her and one happened to be Judge Kavanaugh ?
Could the possibility of Rape, attempted rape, etc have been put into her mind by the suggestion of the
Therapists?
No date , no place , No host . She even then said that her counselors made a mistake and it was not 4 boys but only 2 ?
She sends this letter to Feinstein and demands that Feinstein tell no one about it ?
Not to mention that she takes “ a lie detector test “ and hires lawyers in the mean time ?
There is also another fact and that is that Justice Kavanaugh’s Mother was the judge involved in a foreclosure case that was ruled against Dr.Ford’s family 35 or so years ago ?
This lady is certainly not very credible for any number of reasons !

Anyone who can stick up for the Democratic Party through this needs serious help. It should be obvious to even the blind what's going on. She will testify only if they put off the hearing and delay the vote, how inspiring is that?

Anyone who can stick up for the Democratic Party through this needs serious help. It should be obvious to even the blind what's going on. She will testify only if they put off the hearing and delay the vote, how inspiring is that?

She should have her citizenship revoked. Ship her off to party with the Boko Haram.

Patriot,
As I said in an earlier post, the Republicans have no spine ! Delay, Delay, Delay !
No matter the outcome, Dr Ford and her lawyers are going to walk away with a lot of money !
Not that I like and trust Mitch McConnell very much, but I hope he has the votes , he seemed
To be implying when he spoke earlier today ?
As far as how anyone can stick up for the Demoncrates, it is very difficult to comprehend.
However, there has been a slow , steady, PROGRESSIVE movement similar to what the Socialists
Did in The 1920’s and 1930,s. Gain power, control the educational system, the courts, the police.
Inductrinate the youth , control the Media, divide the opposition into small groups, blame these groups
For problems and create crimes to incriminate your enemies, “ Tell the big lie often enough and people
Will believe it ! “
History is repeating itself ! Our children are being told the Big Lies from the day they enter
School, right up to and through the University.
The Democratic playbook is Saul Alinsky ( another community organizer Like Obama was ),
And the money is coming from George Soros among others.
The Democratic voters are ill informed and pretty much totally indoctrinated!
That is how and why they vote Democratic. We are right at this moment witnessing a full scale attack
On our Constitutional Republican form of Government.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT