ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo: Expectation exceeding the appreciation

Golson, when you win two titles in the last 8 seasons and play for another title in that time span, certainly you trend down at some point.

Nick Saban is trending down.
Urban Meyer has trended out of sight.
Jimbo Fisher is trending down.

All those dudes, like Dabo, won titles.

So What.
Nick Saban is trending down ? ? ?

By what metrics ?

Exactly…

Dabo has also been a stand up guy. He took criticism a few years ago for leading players in a bible study group. Where are we as a society when that’s considered faux pas but bringing in literal gang rappers to your locker rooms like USC, and Colorado is good?

I actually feel for him, he’s refused (right/wrong) to embrace the portal saying he wants to build his program from within but that philosophy might no be compatible in the current environment of CFB. We are now in the era of the Mercenary Athlete..

Agree 100 %

I believe that Dabo has been very outspoken regarding the TP, to the point that it may cause him to leave coaching.

Agree 100 %

I believe that Dabo has been very outspoken regarding the TP, to the point that it may cause him to leave coaching.
Oh sure, Dabo is going to walk away from 11 million per year to coach CFB.

Get a clue.

Read this today. Interesting........ Some people on the internet believe that Tyler was a plant by Swinney, so he could go off on the kid and rally his team and fire up the troops. Upon information and belief, it is believed by some in the ACC fanbase that Dabo has been known to allow a reporter to ask about something that he or his team is being chastised for, and then he will use the opportunity to go off on the "plant" to get his team going.

The issue based on the posts I have read on Clemson board is they are struggling, and don't seem to be building towards anything. They are not waiting for a top rated freshman QB and/or class to develop, there is the feeling that Dabo may have caught lightning in a bottle with Watson and Lawrence. Not saying it is true, but there were many posts like this. I occasionally lurk on other team's boards after a big loss to guage the mood. I don't comment or troll; I just find it interesting.

Last edited:
The issue based on the posts I have read on Clemson board is they are struggling, and don't seem to be building towards anything. They are not waiting for a top rated freshman QB and/or class to develop, there is the feeling that Dabo may have caught lightning in a bottle with Watson and Lawrence. Not saying it is true, but there were many posts like this. I occasionally lurk on other team's boards after a big loss to guage the mood. I don't comment or troll; I just find it interesting.
They still have one of the most talented 85 man rosters in the country and bringing in a 2024 class with several 5-star/top 50 players.

Oh sure, Dabo is going to walk away from 11 million per year to coach CFB.

Get a clue.
He has enough money to live comfortably.

Lot’s of guys walk away from big paychecks for a variety of reasons

From 15 to 2020, they never finished outside the top 4. I think they are seeing what happens when you do not have a top 3 QB.

As Lou would say, "poor old Dabo". Feels like he will be just fine.

From 15 to 2020, they never finished outside the top 4. I think they are seeing what happens when you do not have a top 3 QB.

As Lou would say, "poor old Dabo". Feels like he will be just fine.
Bottom line. In today's world you gotta at least dabble in the portal. Take 5-6 guys every year or you are toast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT