422 FSU
421 Florida
409 USC
408 Miami
408 Texas
396 LSU
396 Notre Dame
394 Auburn
Interesting stat on ND'S EXISTENTIAL ARC.

ND once had the #1 winning percentage in CFB, and I'm GUESSING that it may have had the most wins, PERIOD, going into the 1950 season.

But over the last 50 years -- which would mean the very end of Ara's career and one year removed from his second NC team of 73 till now -- ND has slipped to 16th -- as per games won during that period.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

AND HOW MANY FEEL ND WILL RETAKE THE NUMBER ONE SPOT AT SOME POINT?

ANYONE?

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

Like that of FIFTH CENTURY BC ATHENS and SECOND CENTURY ROME, ND'S DOMINANCE IS SOLIDLY ENSCONCED IN HISTORY. AND AS SACRED TO SOME AS THAT ACCOMPLISHMENT MAY BE, IT'S NOW MERELY AN ARTIFACT -- FAST ON ITS WAY TO A FOOTNOTE.

Does anyone remember -- LET ALONE CARE -- that Minnesota won THREE SUCCESSIVE TITLES in the 30's and was the dominant team of that era? Or that NO TEAM has done it since?

And to think that ND SCUTTLED ITS PROGRAM.

HEISBURGH GOT HIS WAY, did he not?

ND once had the #1 winning percentage in CFB, and I'm GUESSING that it may have had the most wins, PERIOD, going into the 1950 season.

But over the last 50 years -- which would mean the very end of Ara's career and one year removed from his second NC team of 73 till now -- ND has slipped to 16th -- as per games won during that period.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

ANYONE?

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

Like that of FIFTH CENTURY BC ATHENS and SECOND CENTURY ROME, ND'S DOMINANCE IS SOLIDLY ENSCONCED IN HISTORY. AND AS SACRED TO SOME AS THAT ACCOMPLISHMENT MAY BE, IT'S NOW MERELY AN ARTIFACT -- FAST ON ITS WAY TO A FOOTNOTE.

Does anyone remember -- LET ALONE CARE -- that Minnesota won THREE SUCCESSIVE TITLES in the 30's and was the dominant team of that era? Or that NO TEAM has done it since?

Football factories will win more. I guess that newsflash escapes you

**MISLEADING as you deducted the vacated wins which was billshit

ND around 430
EXACTLY. A number of those programs supposedly ahead of ND undoubtedly did things that should have cost them games as well. Notre Dame should have told the NCAA to stick it where the sun does not shine and then if the NCAA tried anything else take them to Federal Court. And expose its corruption. BUT Notre Dames administration showed yellow

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

ANYONE?

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

Sure, there are ways you can shade it. But I don't think any of them would result in a MATERIAL DIFFERENCE.

Big 10 and SEC schedules aren't CAKEWALKS and never have been. The same was true of the old Southwest Conference, the various predecessors to today's Big 12, and what was once known as EASTERN INDEPENDENTS: PSU, Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia, etc.

The stat I WOULD LIKE TO SEE is ND's record against every team on that list RANKED ABOVE IT.

If I find the time, I'll COMPILE IT.

Last edited:

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

ANYONE?

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

Sounds like America

Reactions: irishwolfpack

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

ANYONE?

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

It tells me you didn’t do any research on the subject as the OP excluded the vacated wins. Two peas in a pod

Reactions: NDinNJ
Sure, there are ways you can shade it. But I don't think any of them would result in a MATERIAL DIFFERENCE.

Big 10 and SEC schedules aren't CAKEWALKS and never have been. The same was true of the old Southwest Conference, the various predecessors to today's Big 12, and what was once known as EASTERN INDEPENDENTS: PSU, Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia, etc.

The stat I WOULD LIKE TO SEE is ND's record against every team on that list RANKED ABOVE IT.

If I find the time, I'll COMPILE IT.
Save you some time. Since 1973:

ND is 2-1 versus Okie
ND is 0-5 versus OSU
ND is 5-3 versus Bama
ND is 0-3 versus UGA
ND is 7-5 against LSU
ND is 0-3 against Nebraska
ND is 4-1 against Texas
ND is 6-2 versus BYU
ND is 6-9 against Pedo and 16-16-1 against Mich
ND is 1-0 against Florida and 1-3 against Clemson
ND is 14-7 against Miami and 5-6 against FSU
ND is 25-22- 1 against USC

We haven’t played Auburn

Now if you want want to do something meaningful, do the same for PSU, Mich, Nebraska, FSU and some others and see how their schedules compare

Save you some time. Since 1973:

ND is 2-1 versus Okie
ND is 0-5 versus OSU
ND is 5-3 versus Bama
ND is 0-3 versus UGA
ND is 7-5 against LSU
ND is 0-3 against Nebraska
ND is 4-1 against Texas
ND is 6-2 versus BYU
ND is 6-9 against Pedo and 16-16-1 against Mich
ND is 1-0 against Florida and 1-3 against Clemson
ND is 14-7 against Miami and 5-6 against FSU
ND is 25-22- 1 against USC

We haven’t played Auburn

Now if you want want to do something meaningful, do the same for PSU, Mich, Nebraska, FSU and some others and see how their schedules compare

3-4 against Clemson since 1973
6-4 against LSU since 1973

What is the point of this post?

We’ve been to a title game and two college football playoff births in the last 10 years.

We’re fine.

Reactions: BGI User 756

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

ANYONE?

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

Anyone have Advil?

Most Wins, last 50 years • Power 5
476 Ohio State
470 Oklahoma
463 Alabama
448 Georgia
445 Nebraska
442 Michigan
440 Penn State
431 BYU
427 Clemson
422 FSU
421 Florida
409 USC
408 Miami
408 Texas
396 LSU
396 Notre Dame
394 Auburn
Where are the vacated wins that Notre Dame self reported?

Reactions: mcleanva1
Since 2014 when the 4-team CFB Playoff started, 7 teams have qualified at least twice.

Notre Dame is one of them.

That stat does not fit certain poster's narrative.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

ANYONE?

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

One of the greatest Universities on the Planet! Yes he got his way. 😉

If the subject was "total TDs scored", would you expect him to include TD's that were negated due to a penalty on the play? Same thing.
Lol. Bullshit. It’s not the same thing. Not close. It was a post intending to be intellectually dishonest. You should try it. And Read up on the Mexican border as well

Reactions: sluggo69
Lol. Bullshit. It’s not the same thing. Not close. It was a post intending to be intellectually dishonest. You should try it. And Read up on the Mexican border as well

It is the same.

You used an ineligible player. When the NCAA notices, that results 100% of the time in vacated wins.

Just like if a ref notices an offensive penalty, a TD will be overturned.

If you want to change the official win/loss record, might as well have ND as undefeated. I will stick with the official count.

It is the same.

You used an ineligible player. When the NCAA notices, that results 100% of the time in vacated wins.

Just like if a ref notices an offensive penalty, a TD will be overturned.

If you want to change the official win/loss record, might as well have ND as undefeated. I will stick with the official count.
Lol. Good for you! It’s fully meaningless if you are aware of the story. But I expect not.
And if that was the criteria you are so beholden, then most of the teams should have less wins

Lol. Good for you! It’s fully meaningless if you are aware of the story. But I expect not.
And if that was the criteria you are so beholden, then most of the teams should have less wins

OK, I will play. Which teams used illegal players and the NCAA did not in turn vacate wins?

Ivan is obsessed w/ the Irish. Has been since, well, the Davie years. His words, not mine. Can’t imagine visiting the Michigan board, but he’s been here since the 90s. Lol. Get a life, Ivan, no matter how much you visit & pot shot, Michigan will never be regarded as highly as ND by the regular college football fan. Get over it.

Ivan is obsessed w/ the Irish. Has been since, well, the Davie years. His words, not mine. Can’t imagine visiting the Michigan board, but he’s been here since the 90s. Lol. Get a life, Ivan, no matter how much you visit & pot shot, Michigan will never be regarded as highly as ND by the regular college football fan. Get over it.

Obsessed is your word, not mine.

And we are regarded more highly as of today. Look at the rankings for confirmation.

Appreciate the background. Just recently have noticed his posts and how they are rinse and repeat ticker headlines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT