ADVERTISEMENT

Mickey to redshirt and enter portal

GDFan

ND Expert
Jan 2, 2015
Smart move by Mickey. I don’t think this will be the last. I’d expect Greathouse to do the same,

I'm never going to be able to wrap my mind around this. Guy's basically quitting mid season. But... he's been off all year and I remarked on Saturday he hasn't seemed like he's wanted to be there IMO.

Reactions: GDFan
I'm never going to be able to wrap my mind around this. Guy's basically quitting mid season. But... he's been off all year and I remarked on Saturday he hasn't seemed like he's wanted to be there IMO.
He lost starting spot to gray, he must feel like he's not a lock to start next year (i would agree).

He lost starting spot to gray, he must feel like he's not a lock to start next year (i would agree).
You're being coached by one of the best DB coaches in the game right now, under a good defensive head coach, and defensive coordinator, and only 1 play away from getting consistent first team reps.

If this is a football/depth chart related move, then its a bad one IMO.

You're being coached by one of the best DB coaches in the game right now, under a good defensive head coach, and defensive coordinator, and only 1 play away from getting consistent first team reps.

If this is a football/depth chart related move, then its a bad one IMO.
He may have spent 4 years and never have started. Business decision

Really cocky coming in and looked like a lock to start early and often. But game performance never matched his hype.
during pre game warmups my daughter asked me what the heck is wrong with #7. He was tweaking like he was going to flip out on someone. It was weird. Probably nothing to do with it, but thought i'd mention.

during pre game warmups my daughter asked me what the heck is wrong with #7. He was tweaking like he was going to flip out on someone. It was weird. Probably nothing to do with it, but thought i'd mention.
He's always very hype and excited. Loves to talk trash. I actually love his attitude and wish we had more players on the team that brought his energy and mindset

Reactions: chaseball
He's always very hype and excited. Loves to talk trash. I actually love his attitude and wish we had more players on the team that brought his energy and mindset
Just wish he was better. He's a solid corner but can't physically do what BenMo or Gray can.

Great house has been non existent and it doesn’t help that Leonard is subpar passer.
They went to 2 TE sets more to simplify reads and run it more so slot has been left out last 2 weeks game plan. With flanagan out and Louisville probably stacking the box you may see more slot WR play.

Just wish he was better. He's a solid corner but can't physically do what BenMo or Gray can.
Solid depth piece for sure. You have to appreciate what this young man went through with his mom’s passing, and Notre dame football and the Notre Dame family being such a big part of his support system. I’m sure he sees the talent Moore is bringing to the position as a true freshman, and he must question whether he will play enough next season to gain nfl attention. Red shirting now gives him two years to showcase himself, and perhaps get into the league. He clearly believes he belongs there. Hope he makes it.

never backed up his talk so frankly good riddance
Because he's not overly talented. He played solid while he was here and was a good depth player but not a high level starter. He will start at a lot of schools like Syracuse and such.

He brought attitude and energy which is always welcome on the team

They went to 2 TE sets more to simplify reads and run it more so slot has been left out last 2 weeks game plan. With flanagan out and Louisville probably stacking the box you may see more slot WR play.
Faison is a better slot. He's playing out of position. If Mitchell emerges I would move him back to slot

Doesn't mean he is going to transfer. Would be very shocking

Also he dropped a 50 plus yard should have been TD. Catch the ball
I agree that the drop didn’t do them any favors, but why go to a school where the offense has been subpar, and the personnel sets leave you riding the pine

Because he's not overly talented. He played solid while he was here and was a good depth player but not a high level starter. He will start at a lot of schools like Syracuse and such.

He brought attitude and energy which is always welcome on the team
attitude and energy without backing it up with performance is WORTHLESS

I agree that the drop didn’t do them any favors, but why go to a school where the offense has been subpar, and the personnel sets leave you riding the pine
He's already at the school and doesn't seem like he is transferring so there's no reason to discuss anymore

Then don’t discuss. Go back to claiming Leonard “is” a stud.
1 guy transfers and then you try to start something about a player transferring with zero evidence.

Then a cocky response because you are a clown

He's finishing his degree and trying to pursue the football dream. Hope he finds success, happy for him that he will have the degree.

Reactions: Golson5
I think Lou has it right for most that transfer early.....

"When you transfer, all you do is change the address of your problems. The problem's with you."

He will get better coaching, facilities, opportunities and visibility here. He plays every game considerably. The days of trotting out, playing every snap are over. Your going to split time or close to it.

In the end, its his call, love the kid for being here, wish him the best. Most of these don't pan out unless it's a maturity thing and they need the extra year.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT