ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Riley

Stanford will now be part of the ACC rotation.

The ACC has not set the dates for those games yet, thus, you won't see them until later.
So they won't be every year anymore, then. They're not among the 5 for 2025. The only warm weather road game among them is Miami. So perhaps they'll put that one on Thanksgiving weekend next year. That would bring back an old tradition; they used to be our scheduling partner with USC in the 70s and 80s.

Won't happen, if you believe Pete Bevacqua, the Notre Dame AD.

The Notre Dame admin places a priority on the Stanford annual game.

Same with Navy and USC.
Yeah I’m sure. Personally, I don’t see why playing Stanford is a plus. I mean I get the shared academic mission. But that school is anti everything ND stands for as it relates to Catholicism. Regardless of what people think , they are not a rival in the traditional sense.

Yeah I’m sure. Personally, I don’t see why playing Stanford is a plus. I mean I get the shared academic mission. But that school is anti everything ND stands for as it relates to Catholicism. Regardless of what people think , they are not a rival in the traditional sense.
Many many universities are anti Notre Dame. For various reasons.

Heck, Boston College collectively despises Notre Dame. And BC is a Catholic university. The entire Big 10 loathes Notre Dame. The Deep South deplores Notre Dame’s religious values. I could go on and on.

Last edited:
Many many universities are anti Notre Dame. For various reasons.

Heck, Boston College collectively despises Notre Dame. And BC is a Catholic university. The entire Big 10 loathes Notre Dame. The Deep South deplores Notre Dame’s religious values. I could go on and on.
I do realize certain schools do not like anything about ND. Not sure all big 10 or all southern schools. But I definitely get your point and do agree that is the case in many ways. I just to don’t get the “ must have” Stanford on the schedule every year. SC and Navy, yes keep them on forever if possible. I would like to see ND play in the south including if possible Florida every other year. Just my 2 cents. I doubt it will happen

Last edited:
I do realize certain schools do not like anything about ND. Not sure all big 10 or all southern schools. But I definitely get your point and do agree that is the case in many ways. I just to don’t get the “ must have” Stanford on the schedule every year. SC and Navy, yes keep them on forever if possible. I would like to see ND play in the south including if possible Florida every other year. Just my 2 cents. I doubt it will happen
I believe it is because the Notre Dame administration see similarities between what Stanford represents and what Notre Dame represents.

Reactions: tkirish
I believe it is because the Notre Dame administration see similarities between what Stanford represents and what Notre Dame represents.
Stanford made a good scheduling partner with USC for over 30 years. It looks like those days may be over now. They'll become like other ACC opponents - about once every 3 years on average.

I doubt the ND-USC series will continue. That creates another opening for Air Force or Ball State.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Stanford made a good scheduling partner with USC for over 30 years. It looks like those days may be over now. They'll become like other ACC opponents - about once every 3 years on average.
The Notre Dame AD is on record saying there are three games that Notre Dame will prioritize annually going forward: Navy, Stanford, and USC.

We shall see.

This flamer still thinks he is clever. He is not. When we kick Purdue's ass this year, he will run off never to be seen again
Why some random Big 10 fan loiters around here seemingly daily confuses me.

The Notre Dame AD is on record saying there are three games that Notre Dame will prioritize annually going forward: Navy, Stanford, and USC.

We shall see.
Did he say that before or after the Pac-12 imploded and Stanford moved to the ACC?

So far, we have our allotted 5 ACC opponents lined up for both 2025 and 2026, and Stanford isn't on there either year.

Reactions: Quix0te
Did he say that before or after the Pac-12 imploded and Stanford moved to the ACC?

So far, we have our allotted 5 ACC opponents lined up for both 2025 and 2026, and Stanford isn't on there either year.
Said this very recently.

Said this very recently.
Link? Personally, I'd be okay with the plan I outlined above, where they drop to a regular ACC rotation. I'm not that attached to the Stanford rivalry. It's useful for recruiting in CA. However, playing a game in Miami or Dallas would also be useful for recruiting.

Link? Personally, I'd be okay with the plan I outlined above, where they drop to a regular ACC rotation. I'm not that attached to the Stanford rivalry. It's useful for recruiting in CA. However, playing a game in Miami or Dallas would also be useful for recruiting.
Read it on Rivals. Surprised that this sounds unbelievable to you. All 3 games have been going on for quite awhile.

We shall see.
As Ramses in the Ten Commandments stated “ so let it be written, so let it be done “. 😎

In my humble opinion , dropping ND/SC would be blasphemy. No pun intended
I agree. It has been a great rivalry over the years and I have enjoyed watching that game many times. But it has become increasingly obvious that USC wants to discontine the series. I'm not trolling here. Just listen to what the USC head coach is telling you.

Honest to God, what does it take to get it into your head? It doesn't matter what the ND AD prioritizes. What counts is what the USC AD prioritizes.

I agree. It has been a great rivalry over the years and I have enjoyed watching that game many times. But it has become increasingly obvious that USC wants to discontine the series. I'm not trolling here. Just listen to what the USC head coach is telling you.
That had coach will probably be gone after the year. So what he says or wants is meaningless

Reactions: BGI User 756
Honest to God, what does it take to get it into your head? It doesn't matter what the ND AD prioritizes. What counts is what the USC AD prioritizes.

Yeah, you are trolling here. That's all you do here. You have no idea whether the series will or will not be continued. But you continue to tell us that the series will not go on even though you have zero inside knowledge.

I thought the Stanford game was added for West Coast recruiting purposes and to give our fans out west one game a year (either USC or Stanford ) to easily attend. The fact it has proven to be a damn good series with lots of emotions and playoff ramifications was icing on the cake. I like this series and hope we keep it. But I love the USC series and hate the thought that Riley’s opinion might result in USC backing out of this.

I thought the Stanford game was added for West Coast recruiting purposes and to give our fans out west one game a year (either USC or Stanford ) to easily attend. The fact it has proven to be a damn good series with lots of emotions and playoff ramifications was icing on the cake. I like this series and hope we keep it. But I love the USC series and hate the thought that Riley’s opinion might result in USC backing out of this.
Lincoln Riley also wanted out of the upcoming USC--LSU game.

That went nowhere.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Stanford doesn't do much for us

Read it on Rivals. Surprised that this sounds unbelievable to you. All 3 games have been going on for quite awhile.
Our Purdue and Michigan State rivalries went on a lot longer than Stanford has, and we dropped those from an annual game, when it didn't work out anymore. Things change due to conference realignments.

It was.

And Pete Bevacqua stated recently that Notre Dame will continue to prioritize Stanford, Navy, and USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT