ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Riley

I thought the Stanford game was added for West Coast recruiting purposes and to give our fans out west one game a year (either USC or Stanford ) to easily attend. The fact it has proven to be a damn good series with lots of emotions and playoff ramifications was icing on the cake. I like this series and hope we keep it. But I love the USC series and hate the thought that Riley’s opinion might result in USC backing out of this.
Telx , I will say this. ND/SC is college football. ND/ Stanford? Not so much. Sure , there have been some really good games between both universities. I also agree about going to the west coast. It’s good for fans and good for recruiting. I don’t see fans getting up for Stanford like they do SC. Again only my opinion. But hey if they keep them both , great. I’ll be all in.

It was.

And Pete Bevacqua stated recently that Notre Dame will continue to prioritize Stanford, Navy, and USC.
The Miami rivalry was way better than Stanford's ever been. Talk about a rivalry. It even had its own nationally-known nickname.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
Just line up 12 opponents and we'll play them. CFB has cha get so much a lot of rivalry games are gone, why would ours be different? They'll work out a competitive schedule with or without USC, but Navy must remain, since they saved UND, and we should understand that commitment

Just be sure to come back to the forum in 2027 when ND is hosting USC in October.
Despite what Lincoln Riley says, I do not see the USC AD and President, who answer to high end donors//boosters and influential alums, not playing Notre Dame annually.

It's arguably one of the top 5 iconic rivalries in all of CFB.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I agree. It has been a great rivalry over the years and I have enjoyed watching that game many times. But it has become increasingly obvious that USC wants to discontine the series. I'm not trolling here. Just listen to what the USC head coach is telling you.
The AD, President and alums don’t feel that way. Riley is a coward and wants to live on easy street.

Just be sure to come back to the forum in 2027 when ND is hosting USC in October.
The USC Athletic Director spoke today on the USC-Notre Dame game. Google Jennifer Cohen and USC-Notre Dame.

This.

Ran from SEC. Running from ND. Wait until he loses 4 games this year
They could lose more than that, if they don't find a defense. They lost 5 games last year with the #1 pick in the draft at QB. And their schedule's tougher this year.

They could lose more than that, if they don't find a defense. They lost 5 games last year with the #1 pick in the draft at QB. And their schedule's tougher this year.
USC-LSU to start the season will say a lot for USC.

USC-LSU to start the season will say a lot for USC.
Those are actually very similar teams; they both should have good offenses, but they replace their star QBs. And they both had terrible defenses last year and hired new DCs this year. So it should be a good game.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
The USC Athletic Director spoke today on the USC-Notre Dame game. Google Jennifer Cohen and USC-Notre Dame.
This article dumbs it down enough that you should be able to understand it.

Those are actually very similar teams; they both should have good offenses, but they replace their star QBs. And they both had terrible defenses last year and hired new DCs this year. So it should be a good game.
LSU’s defense was worse than USC.

So you are correct.

Lol. Bet you read the Enquirer, People magazine, and USA Today as well.

lol, Purdont Boy..

Why is it so important for you to repeatedly say that the series will not be continued? What's in it for you?
He's a troll for the BUG10. The smart one are one the payroll indirectly but he comes across as a pro bono volunteer.

Reactions: BGI User 756

I think we get it. You love SC and hate ND. Move along.

Reactions: NDSMC78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT