ADVERTISEMENT

Legit question to the recruiting experts on Jordan Faison

BleedingBlueNGold

Shakes Down The Thunder
Oct 13, 2009
How did he fly so far under the radar? Did he have any schools interested in him as a football player coming out of high school? Was he just all in with Lacrosse and didn't attend any summer camps?

He was a QB in high school and committed to play lacrosse early.

ESPN did a recent story on Jordan. I previously linked it in the "IRISH LAX" thread, but here it is again:

Jordan was a really good HS LAX player, but was not highly recruited in football. He committed to play LAX with ND early on, though later he got recruited to play football at Iowa and the ESPN story made it sound like he briefly flirted with the offer. The problem was that Iowa does not have a LAX program, so he couldn't play both sports. So he ended up at ND on a LAX scholarship and then walked on to play football. He made a great choice.

Remember Will Shipley, the RB that ND went hard after but ended up at Clemson? He apparently was a very good HS LAX player and might have played both sports had he ended up at ND.

Perhaps, it is harder to rank slower but hard to tackle players?

How did he fly so far under the radar? Did he have any schools interested in him as a football player coming out of high school? Was he just all in with Lacrosse and didn't attend any summer camps?
I listened to Brady Quinn on Fox Sports Radio tell a detailed story that while he was working and speaking at a HS Football camp that he discovered Jordan Faison, and Quinn was so impressed with his speed and athleticism that he called Marcus Freeman from the camp and told him to recruit this kid. According to Quinn, to that point the Notre Dame Football staff had zero knowledge of Faison.

Reactions: IrishMike409
ESPN did a recent story on Jordan. I previously linked it in the "IRISH LAX" thread, but here it is again:

Jordan was a really good HS LAX player, but was not highly recruited in football. He committed to play LAX with ND early on, though later he got recruited to play football at Iowa and the ESPN story made it sound like he briefly flirted with the offer. The problem was that Iowa does not have a LAX program, so he couldn't play both sports. So he ended up at ND on a LAX scholarship and then walked on to play football. He made a great choice.

Remember Will Shipley, the RB that ND went hard after but ended up at Clemson? He apparently was a very good HS LAX player and might have played both sports had he ended up at ND.
Typical BSPN. Too stupid to understand that going to Iowa was never in the cards.

I listened to Brady Quinn on Fox Sports Radio tell a detailed story that while he was working and speaking at a HS Football camp that he discovered Jordan Faison, and Quinn was so impressed with his speed and athleticism that he called Marcus Freeman from the camp and told him to recruit this kid. According to Quinn, to that point the Notre Dame Football staff had zero knowledge of Faison.
He probably didn’t attend any camps or play on any 7 on 7 circuits.

Interesting. I guess it's a good thing we have influential alumni like Quinn doing HS camps who can call in recruiting tips occasionally.:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT