ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of a Championship Game...

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
I'm beginning to think it hurts us. That is twice now where our team just didn't look ready for the moment. You can say that Clemson has better players but not that much better! We nearly beat them at their place in 2015 and they went undefeated until barely losing to Alabama that year. We also lost to eventual finalist Georgia by one point last year.

I wonder if our program would benefit from being in a conference and playing in a big-time conference championship game each year. Bowl games are so different. There isn't that kind of pressure... (*This or Kelly really needs to rethink his game prep for these games.)

Thoughts?

I'm beginning to think it hurts us. That is twice now where our team just didn't look ready for the moment. You can say that Clemson has better players but not that much better! We nearly beat them at their place in 2015 and they went undefeated until barely losing to Alabama that year. We also lost to eventual finalist Georgia by one point last year.

I wonder if our program would benefit from being in a conference and playing in a big-time conference championship game each year. Bowl games are so different. There isn't that kind of pressure... (*This or Kelly really needs to rethink his game prep for these games.)

Thoughts?

I agree with the last part. Kelly just never seems to have his team ready for the big games. That is the difference between the great coaches and the Good to fairly good coaches !

Reactions: 88ND

Thoughts?

The good thing about a conference championship game this year is that it would have been in the ACC and Clemson would have put ND out of its misery earlier this month instead of today.

Reactions: Leahylads
I agree with the last part. Kelly just never seems to have his team ready for the big games. That is the difference between the great coaches and the Good to fairly good coaches !
Said perfectly.

Big game Brian he is not.

Thoughts?

But that 13th game would have been CU.

Can’t disagree !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT