ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly's Thursday Press Conference.

BK realizes his team is going to end the year with 1 loss and have to play a meaningless bowl game because we're not officially in the ACC.

Man a healthy Dexter to go w/ Jones Jr to spell a heisman cnadidate is a helluva backfield
I noticed going into this weekend Bryce Love had 35 more carries than Josh. (That is nearly two games' worth of carries.) I really like how Kelly and his crew have been handling their RBS this year.

Cam Smith is out.
Dexter is a go.
Martini is a go.

On D: Pride, Jones, Jones and Treadway are ascending in practice and getting noticed.

Coney showed last week that he should start the rest of our games he understands the Defense and was all over the field vs SC. Never want a player to lose his spot bc of injury but it was evident that he deserves the majority if not all of snaps on defense, vs the wolf pack.

Coney showed last week that he should start the rest of our games he understands the Defense and was all over the field vs SC. Never want a player to lose his spot bc of injury but it was evident that he deserves the majority if not all of snaps on defense, vs the wolf pack.
The fall off to a healthy martini is not that much...and martini is even better in some instances. Plus he's playing the best he's ever played here.

He shouod be the guy there. He's earned that. Coney will get plenty of snaps with the formation rotations.

The fall off to a healthy martini is not that much...and martini is even better in some instances. Plus he's playing the best he's ever played here.

He shouod be the guy there. He's earned that. Coney will get plenty of snaps with the formation rotations.

I couldn't disagree more. Coney is just a more versatile and disruptive player and that's what you need on defense for this game. Especially with Elkos attacking defense speed and disruption is important. To me Coney is the type of player that gets better as the snaps throughout the game increases. He's not a specialty player those are for edge/ pass rushers which he is not. Check the numbers 88 and you'll see what I mean.

When you realize from the same position this year in limited snaps Coney has more tackles, tackles for loss, and sacks you see why I disagree. His production doubles Martini's.

Reactions: chaseball
I couldn't disagree more. Coney is just a more versatile and disruptive player and that's what you need on defense for this game. Especially with Elkos attacking defense speed and disruption is important. To me Coney is the type of player that gets better as the snaps throughout the game increases. He's not a specialty player those are for edge/ pass rushers which he is not. Check the numbers 88 and you'll see what I mean.

When you realize from the same position this year in limited snaps Coney has more tackles, tackles for loss, and sacks you see why I disagree. His production doubles Martini's.
So you're saying martini is a weakness?

Look Coney is more athletic. Still out of control at times but doing really well.

The point is that unless martini is hurting the team...he has earned the right to be playing. His performance is satisfactory abd therefore from putting the time in he's rewarded. It's a way of life and if you think everything is just about the stats then you really don't understand the intricate workings of a program.

Coney is not the rocket or some freak of nature thst you can't afford not playing him.

If martini is getting handled and having trouble they'll rotate him out. No big deal. Until then he's earned the right to be playing and the defense is doing pretty good with him in there, no?

Coney needs to be on the field a lot! Don't care how they do it with the rotation. Think back to the last couple decades...rarely has this team had to worry about good LB's sitting on the sideline. This is a good problem.

I think we should leave player personnel decisions to the coaches. Seems to me they are with the players all day, and know better than anyone on this message board

Last edited:

plenty of time for both.

Coney/Martini.....this is a good problem to have.

Let's rotate both in and out. Keep these guys healthy and fresh. Both will be crucial down the stretch.

Reactions: greengael
So you're saying martini is a weakness?

Look Coney is more athletic. Still out of control at times but doing really well.

The point is that unless martini is hurting the team...he has earned the right to be playing. His performance is satisfactory abd therefore from putting the time in he's rewarded. It's a way of life and if you think everything is just about the stats then you really don't understand the intricate workings of a program.

Coney is not the rocket or some freak of nature thst you can't afford not playing him.

If martini is getting handled and having trouble they'll rotate him out. No big deal. Until then he's earned the right to be playing and the defense is doing pretty good with him in there, no?

Not saying he's a problem but Coney is a better playmaker and we need more playmakers on the field.

Not saying he's a problem but Coney is a better playmaker and we need more playmakers on the field.
agree to a point. last week was the first time he played a clean game. martini solid also and more fundamentally sound. it's a good thing to have quality depth.

Coney sometimes gets excited and overruns plays. They both need to play as Coney also spells Nyles.

Martini is a completely different player now that he's assumed the rover position. I think having them both is a huge asset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT