ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly's Coaches

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Watched video of Lea and Long yesterday. Impressive young guys who have a long futures as coaches -- (hopefully at ND.) Kelly has his best stable of coaches in place since he came to ND. There have been better recruiters (Alford) maybe better position coaches (Harry Heistand/Warriner, Elliot) but I can't remember a more balanced, youthful group. Kudos for Kelly who continues to remake our great program -- we will get one before he leaves and Urban comes home.

Reactions: Kelso86
Urban will be going to his "dream job" in L.A. IMHO. ND was his dream job until it wasn't. Thirty-three years of coaching and four of them were spent at ND. He can ramble on back to Bowling Green and I won't ever give a damn. But, that's me.

Watched video of Lea and Long yesterday. Impressive young guys who have a long futures as coaches -- (hopefully at ND.) Kelly has his best stable of coaches in place since he came to ND. There have been better recruiters (Alford) maybe better position coaches (Harry Heistand/Warriner, Elliot) but I can't remember a more balanced, youthful group. Kudos for Kelly who continues to remake our great program -- we will get one before he leaves and Urban comes home.
Really like what Lea is doing. Long, not so much

Reactions: 88ND
Urban will be going to his "dream job" in L.A. IMHO. ND was his dream job until it wasn't. Thirty-three years of coaching and four of them were spent at ND. He can ramble on back to Bowling Green and I won't ever give a damn. But, that's me.
Urban wanted recruiting exceptions at ND and ND would not concede. I don't blame him for that, it's the only way ND will have ever have any shot of getting an NC.

Funny, ND will compromise it's morals when it comes to it's religion allowing pro-abortion, pro LGBT, events even allowing it's professors on campus call out pro-life advocates as white supremacist. They give out contraceptives, give honors to pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage presidents. But they will not bend on letting some kids who would normally not qualify to get into ND a football scholarship? SMH lol!

Urban wanted recruiting exceptions at ND and ND would not concede. I don't blame him for that, it's the only way ND will have ever have any shot of getting an NC.

Funny, ND will compromise it's morals when it comes to it's religion allowing pro-abortion, pro LGBT, events even allowing it's professors on campus call out pro-life advocates as white supremacist. They give out contraceptives, give honors to pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage presidents. But they will not bend on letting some kids who would normally not qualify to get into ND a football scholarship? SMH lol!
Some good points but not entirely accurate. Virtually no one on the football team gets into this school on their academic record in HS. Mods in past have said we can realistically go after 75 of rivals top 100. That's a pool plenty big enough. Now Stanford has some issues--- no early entrants and I think ACT minimum of 28 and 1200 SAT. When you say " some kids would not qualify" how about none of them. We all want to win but we have to be realistic. Admissions have been loosened considerably for BK, far more than with Charlie .bottom line is BK has not out performed given talent he has to work with

Reactions: Leahylads
Some good points but not entirely accurate. Virtually no one on the football team gets into this school on their academic record in HS. Mods in past have said we can realistically go after 75 of rivals top 100. That's a pool plenty big enough. Now Stanford has some issues--- no early entrants and I think ACT minimum of 28 and 1200 SAT. When you say " some kids would not qualify" how about none of them. We all want to win but we have to be realistic. Admissions have been loosened considerably for BK, far more than with Charlie .bottom line is BK has not out performed given talent he has to work with
I have to respectfully disagree with this. Of course a good majority of the ND recruits would not qualify on their academic merits alone. However, and this coming from a personal friend very high up in Student Athlete Academic Advisors, there are MANY (more more than 25% and closer to 50%) of the top 100 recruits that will not qualify to come to ND. Add to that the climate, the city of South Bend, and there is a talent disparity between ND and the top 5 teams that ND will not bridge, no matter what coach you bring in. We are who we are folks; a perennial top 8-15 team.

And I thank God ND stands for the things you mention including women's rights and the rights of the LBGTQ community. Our students can handle those differences, can be accepting and inclusive while still being exemplary people, good Catholics who do so much that is positive in this world. Proud to be an alum. Those of you who didn't go to ND or don't have children there, mind your business and stick to football. Or get a Bob Jones U football jersey.

Reactions: Riverside Irish

This is 100% false.

It’s the other way around. Admissions has been way more strict under BK.
Markees Stepp couldn’t even take his application to admissions, so ND had to let him go.
And BK has taken ND to two undefeated regular seasons, the BCS title game & the CFP.
Your post is completely false.

Reactions: shabak
This is 100% false.

Markees Stepp couldn’t even take his application to admissions, so ND had to let him go.
And BK has taken ND to two undefeated regular seasons, the BCS title game & the CFP.
BK also had a 4-8 season after 8 years on the job, hasn't won a major bowl or playoff and hasn't recruited a 5 star player lately. That makes him an OK coach at best. Miles was fired at LSU for less.

Reactions: chitown sot
And I thank God ND stands for the things you mention including women's rights and the rights of the LBGTQ community. Our students can handle those differences, can be accepting and inclusive while still being exemplary people, good Catholics who do so much that is positive in this world. Proud to be an alum. Those of you who didn't go to ND or don't have children there, mind your business and stick to football. Or get a Bob Jones U football jersey.
Sorry my man, but I disagree. Anyone can share their opinion about anything that matters. Just because it doesn't jive with your beliefs doesn't mean it's not valid. You just shared an opinion about Bob Jones University and you don't have any kids going there. Free country. Supposed to be free speech. Free thoughts. Free expression. That is what's supposed to be great about this country. For every action, expect a reaction.

This is 100% false.

To be fair, they gave him some leniency early in his tender and even up to a few years ago and most seemed to backfire.

Did you just thank God for abortion? That's pretty sick. Then you applaud ND for supporting and promoting your leftist anti Christian anti Catholic rhetoric? Then ND should cease pretending to be a Catholic school.

Reactions: dagimpper1
BK also had a 4-8 season after 8 years on the job, hasn't won a major bowl or playoff and hasn't recruited a 5 star player lately. That makes him an OK coach at best. Miles was fired at LSU for less.
of course BK has gone 24-2 since but you conviently left that fact out. As far as recruiting are earlier post.

Sanford is now and will be, a product of the Kelly coaching tree.

Didn't we sign a 5 star safety this last cycle?

This is 100% false.

" completely false"? You have no idea what you're talking about. This has been reported frequently by mods and others. And we all know kids personally who have gotten in because they played with our kids " way more strict" you're a clown that's living in a make believe world. But keep creating your own narrative ,if it makes you feel better

In the world of the left, it's either confirm to their view or be persecuted. By your sarcasm, I suppose it's easier to just smear, then allow for reasonable differences. The original post wasn't referring to tolerance, it was referring to promoting the demands of "affirmation" of positions in total conflict with scripture and the teachings of the Catholic church.

Interesting point !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT