ADVERTISEMENT

kelly presser link blaming turnovers and players....

BRIAN KELLY: I must be doing a poor job. I've got to do a better job of finding out what those things are that are putting our football team in that position. But we got to have more of it.

BRIAN KELLY: Poor execution. Poor, poor execution. I like what we called. I liked the looks that we had, and we did a poor job executing.

And now we, listen this is not all on our players, we still have to coach better as well. There's a lot that we have to do. Because we have got some young players that require really good communication and really good coaching, too. So, I'm a 1-3 coach, we're all 1-3 coaches, so we're in the same boat as all of our players. So let's be clear on that.

For you CNN and MSNBC reporters (cvgr)

FYI, I know what I am saying is not popular but the Defense did play better . I agree with Kelly . He is being a typical manager even though public thinks its BVG is the main problem. He is protecting him outwardly. Thats what I would do also but behind the scenes there is more going on I guarantee it. Kelly will not bash his
coaches. If you look @ the transcripts when he talked about coaching flaws it was collective or himself. You would not want your manager in public to say he cvgr you suck because of poor performance on a project. You would want that to be an one on one.
Come on! You took 2% of the presser and hold that up as evidence he's taking any responsibility? 98% of the speech was talking about how poorly the kids execute. How the kids have no emotion.

He even mentioned that he thought they did a good job coaching this game. Really? Throwing in your backup QB for a "trick" play was supposed to fool anyone? That just shows how completely clueless he is, everyone knew exactly what was coming and then he blames Zaire.

FYI, the defense played like garbage against a team that's not very good at all. We are also starting to see the annual regression of the Kelly coached QB.

Reactions: captstabbin
BRIAN KELLY: I must be doing a poor job. I've got to do a better job of finding out what those things are that are putting our football team in that position. But we got to have more of it.

BRIAN KELLY: Poor execution. Poor, poor execution. I like what we called. I liked the looks that we had, and we did a poor job executing.

And now we, listen this is not all on our players, we still have to coach better as well. There's a lot that we have to do. Because we have got some young players that require really good communication and really good coaching, too. So, I'm a 1-3 coach, we're all 1-3 coaches, so we're in the same boat as all of our players. So let's be clear on that.

FYI, I know what I am saying is not popular but the Defense did play better . I agree with Kelly . He is being a typical manager even though public thinks its BVG is the main problem. He is protecting him outwardly. Thats what I would do also but behind the scenes there is more going on I guarantee it. Kelly will not bash his
coaches. If you look @ the transcripts when he talked about coaching flaws it was collective or himself. You would not want your manager in public to say he cvgr you suck because of poor performance on a project. You would want that to be an one on one.
" Coach Kelly will not bash his cosches".....only his players

Come on! You took 2% of the presser and hold that up as evidence he's taking any responsibility? 98% of the speech was talking about how poorly the kids execute. How the kids have no emotion.

He even mentioned that he thought they did a good job coaching this game. Really? Throwing in your backup QB for a "trick" play was supposed to fool anyone? That just shows how completely clueless he is, everyone knew exactly what was coming and then he blames Zaire.

FYI, the defense played like garbage against a team that's not very good at all. We are also starting to see the annual regression of the Kelly coached QB.

Java, I am not going to stand around the fire with pitchforks like the rest of you guys. That is not my style, I am not saying Kelly is not flawed here but do not pick a chose what you want to hear. Take my word there is more going on in background that we may here about latter. Regarding the Zaire play I agree with kelly on what Zaire should have done. I do not agree that Kelly should have ridiculed Zaire about that play. also the Defense did play better. It still sucked. So I agree with Kelly there. Again there is more going on in background. Wo

What is going on in the background? What secret info are you tickling out toes with. Spill the beans.

Java, I am not going to stand around the fire with pitchforks like the rest of you guys. That is not my style, I am not saying Kelly is not flawed here but do not pick a chose what you want to hear. Take my word there is more going on in background that we may here about latter. Regarding the Zaire play I agree with kelly on what Zaire should have done. I do not agree that Kelly should have ridiculed Zaire about that play. also the Defense did play better. It still sucked. So I agree with Kelly there. Again there is more going on in background. Wo
I'm not suggesting you join in the criticism of Kelly but it's also a bit ridiculous to try and defend him at this point. You did pick and choose what you wanted to hear because the fact is the vast majority of that press conference was Kelly blaming the players. He did in fact say that the coaches did a good job that game.

Sure Zaire should have thrown the ball away but the fact is he did what he did because he is poorly coached. First it was Crist who was just mentally fragile. Then Rees was just physically weak. Golson was a head case. Zaire just didn't have it. Now Kizer is the latest victim of Kelly-coaching so we might see Wimbush.

Go back and read my posts and you will find I never, and I mean never, get into personal confrontations with other posters but I must say that you trying to defend Kelly's statements in that press conference makes if very difficult to take anything you say seriously. No excuse for throwing the kids under the bus to defend he and his HIGHLY paid coaches.

To publicly and firmly assign blame to your players, while at the same time endorsing the highly-suspect coaching program, displays a complete lack of leadership and management skills. Not to mention class. Just like interviewing with the NFL and then hiding out for 4 days immediately after your most successful season.

There's not a player, or soldier, or student, or employee in the world who would be motivated by such childish and weasel-like behavior.

/i stating facts that are in the presser. /it has nothing to do with a collective band wagon bashing of Kelly. He said essentially the following. : fumbles, KR, poor execution and the coaches. Does he not say that yes or no. If you say no you are a CNN / MSNBC reporter ; If you say yes then you heard the presser properly. That said bash kelly I won't lose sleep over it. I realize you all need someone to take your frustrations out on so i/ guess I am it. The presser is not the problem . kelly is going no where ; I guess it is possible the irish can finish 500 or below. Right now the way they play I would say they have a chance of losing every game on the schedule so if that happens Kelly may be gone and a new regime would occur. The odds are Kelly stays and Bvg is gone. My perception of the presser won't change that

You are one of the good ones, but coach Kelly has put a qualiy defense in ALL his time as HC in division 1 football on the FIELD just once.

He believe in substituting a defense with a high-scoring offense in the hopes of outscoring its opponents.

It was that way at the University of Central Michigan, at University of Cincinnati, and now at Notre Dame.

This will never work at Notre Dame because Notre Dame will not be able to get those defensive players for a variety of reasons year-in year-out while running an offense that puts this type of pressure on his defense.

There is a reason coach Kelly has been blown out in every major games throughout his Division 1 career which is odd considering his background started off on the defensive side of the ball

I am not sure why you are dragging politics and 24 hour news channels into this. However, you do make a good point about throwing BVG under the bus if he is to continue as the DC until the end of the year. You make a semi-coherent post about poor execution and Kelly occasionally including himself in the criticisms. But how in the world does he insinuate the DK is the problem? For Gods sake, the Offense scored 35 points. That should be enough to beat Duke. Why would he even mention bringing Wimbush in when Zaire is on the bench? Why would he burn a year of eligibility for Wimbush?

I think many fans are tired of this guy blaming others on a consistent basis. Maybe his presser was not as bad as many are making it out to be, but he does have a history of throwing others under the bus. I would rather see him spare these 18 year old kids and fire BVG. That would be the right thing to do if he does not want to lose the players. Poor execution is usually coaching related.

I am not sure why you are dragging politics and 24 hour news channels into this. However, you do make a good point about throwing BVG under the bus if he is to continue as the DC until the end of the year. You make a semi-coherent post about poor execution and Kelly occasionally including himself in the criticisms. But how in the world does he insinuate the DK is the problem? For Gods sake, the Offense scored 35 points. That should be enough to beat Duke. Why would he even mention bringing Wimbush in when Zaire is on the bench? Why would he burn a year of eligibility for Wimbush?

I think many fans are tired of this guy blaming others on a consistent basis. Maybe his presser was not as bad as many are making it out to be, but he does have a history of throwing others under the bus. I would rather see him spare these 18 year old kids and fire BVG. That would be the right thing to do if he does not want to lose the players. Poor execution is usually coaching related.

Oh it's bad and the natives are restless..... drums beating....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT