ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly blames everyone/everything but himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was certainly successful at elevating the team. There is no getting around that fact.

There is also no doubt that he did not achieve elite status to actually compete with top five teams.
I agree

The postseason matters, I know Brian Kelly fanboys like to pretend it doesn't but Brian Kelly never went 12-0 at Notre Dame.

He got beat like he stole something everytime he had a decent season and played a team with a pulse in the postseason. He was a successful regular season coach but they don't make trophys or t-shirts for that at Notre Dame.

The postseason matters, I know Brian Kelly fanboys like to pretend it doesn't but Brian Kelly never went 12-0 at Notre Dame.

He got beat like he stole something everytime he had a decent season and played a team with a pulse in the postseason. He was a successful regular season coach but they don't make trophys or t-shirts for that at Notre Dame.
Scheduling wins leads to epic failure whenever legitimately tested!

The other big time schools are doing everything they can to provide the right food options that will benefit the athletes to develop physically.
I don't believe that a dedicated chef will automatically do a better job of providing the right food options than a chef who plans for the entire campus.

Notre Dame had two 10 win seasons in 16 years before Brian Kelly got there. Kelly had seven 10 win seasons in the last decade, including five in a row.

So there's that. And he sent lots of low ranked players into the NFL. But, as you repeat again and again and again, he couldn't scheme against the better coached teams.
Now you're celebrating 10 win seasons?

Come on....Really????
Brian Kelly enjoyed the easiest schedule in ND's modern ers ///

Applauding sending low ranked players to the NFL?
There's that word again... "lots" of low ranked players...

Two things...perhaps if he recruited better he wouldn't have had an abundance of low ranked players and again I honestly don't give a shit what they do on Sunday.

One of the best QB's ever at ND never sniffed the NFL. He was tremendous college player and fun to watch. Whether he made the NFL or not had no bearing whatsoever on the success of ND.

If you love the NFL so much and all the 3* players BK sent I assure you there’s many message boards just waiting for your participation.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Not happy how BK left the school hanging but I do believe he will win a title there. I believe the few hurdles that prevented him from winning are removed coaching at a state school in the SEC. JUCO's, classwork, midterms, training tables, arrests, & just recruiting in the South.
I envision a scene from Deliverance, And BK playing the position of Wide Receiver.

• Haha
Reactions: HarlemIrish
Stop...
Still hanging your hat on the OU win in 12 in defense of BK?
OU was ultimately bad defensively...and they were nothing like the offensive juggernauts that OU had after 12.

Clemson in a weird covid year without Lawrence and others @ home in OT...

A dozen years and that's the pinnacle? At ND?

Embarrassing!!!
Then look at the previous dozen years and tell me that Kelly didn’t resurrect the football program !

not according to the NCAA. He is however, the coach with the most losses.
That’s because he played the most games.

Only a moron would cite that stat as Kelly’s defining stat.

He took ND from the basement to playing for the NC in just 3 years.
That’s undeniable.
He had multiple undefeated regular seasons
That’s also undeniable.

His record speaks for itself

At some point you have to give the devil his due, irrespective of how you feel about him personally.

ND has a new coach, let’s wish him the best and let’s see how you treat him if he doesn’t produce results that surpass Kelly’s results.

Notre Dame had two 10 win seasons in 16 years before Brian Kelly got there. Kelly had seven 10 win seasons in the last decade, including five in a row.

So there's that. And he sent lots of low ranked players into the NFL.
👍

Please explain why anyone (other than you trying to find a nugget for BK's defense) would give a shit about sending a low ranked player to the NFL.

Holy hell the defense of BK is getting beyond pathetic.
Is he nice to his neighbor? Does he hold doors open at the convenient store for other patrons?

In other words who gives a shit!!

The only pertinent thing is what's already been done. No matter how many angles of salvation you work for him...fact still remains he never once had a close contest in a major bowl/playoff. Not ever once.

But we have embarrassing performances littered throughout...
38 drop backs in a hurricane
7 false starts in Athens
4-8 seasons

I guess he would've been more competitive if he had that god damn chef and training table.
So there's that you can point to...
Since when are false starts the coaches fault ?

Kelly only had one (1) 4-8 season, not more as you disingenuously listed

Well it looks like a few cooler heads are prevailing, or trying to....

Probably for no other reason than ND's insane fanbase has been reduced to this mess of toxic, hate-filled lunatics, and at least a few fans with an eye towards respectability or self-respect or somerhing, would like to see the fanatical anti-BK narrative that currently dominates the ND online fan world make a return to something resembling baseline sanity. Just for appearances if nothing else....

BK's record and various achievements such as they are that he compiled at ND speak for themselves. He's pretty much considered one of the top coaches going today, who totally returned ND to the top of CFB with one hand hand tied behind his back.... And that narrative has not really been diminished that I can see, at least outside of the dark, paranoid confines of ND fan world, by the lunacy and ravings and obsessive toxic bile of this same ND online fanbase. It just makes ND fans look even more awful than they were already considered to be. Although before it was more that they were merely arrogant, spiteful, holier than thou, and just sort of generally, vaguely delusional.... Now they're more like clinically delusional and outright mentally ill. And I can certainly see the desire of at least a few fans to turn the volume down on all the craziness....

So that's good.... Don't know if it's going to take or not. These are some pretty desperate people we're talking about. But it's better than nothing. It's worth a shot!

Well it looks like a few cooler heads are prevailing, or trying to....

Probably for no other reason than ND's insane fanbase has been reduced to this mess of toxic, hate-filled lunatics, and at least a few fans with an eye towards respectability or self-respect or somerhing, would like to see the fanatical anti-BK narrative that currently dominates the ND online fan world make a return to something resembling baseline sanity. Just for appearances if nothing else....

BK's record and various achievements such as they are that he compiled at ND speak for themselves. He's pretty much considered one of the top coaches going today, who totally returned ND to the top of CFB with one hand hand tied behind his back.... And that narrative has not really been diminished that I can see, at least outside of the dark, paranoid confines of ND fan world, by the lunacy and ravings and obsessive toxic bile of this same ND online fanbase. It just makes ND fans look even more awful than they were already considered to be. Although before it was more that they were merely arrogant, spiteful, holier than thou, and just sort of generally, vaguely delusional.... Now they're more like clinically delusional and outright mentally ill. And I can certainly see the desire of at least a few fans to turn the volume down on all the craziness....

So that's good.... Don't know if it's going to take or not. These are some pretty desperate people we're talking about. But it's better than nothing. It's worth a shot!
You keep expanding, exponentially, a few anti-Kelly fanatics into the entire ND fan base and that’s simply not the case.

An objective, intelligent ND fan recognizes and applauds Kelly’s revitalization of ND football.

However, the thorns in the Notre Dame fan‘s side is Kelly entertaining leaving ND IN 2012 after only 3 years at the helm, for the Philadelphia Eagles and then, the way he jettisoned Notre Dame after declaring, only a week earlier, that he was staying at Notre Dame.

I can defend his record, but you can’t defend his conduct !

That’s because he played the most games.

Only a moron would cite that stat as Kelly’s defining stat.

He took ND from the basement to playing for the NC in just 3 years.
That’s undeniable.
He had multiple undefeated regular seasons
That’s also undeniable.

His record speaks for itself

At some point you have to give the devil his due, irrespective of how you feel about him personally.

ND has a new coach, let’s wish him the best and let’s see how you treat him if he doesn’t produce results that surpass Kelly’s results.
So losing the most games is because he coached the most games, but winning the most games is not? What kind of logic is that?

How's this for a stat; Kelly lost as many games in 12 seasons as Knute, Leahy and Ara combined did in 35 seasons (40). Kelly is credited with 92 wins in those years, The big 3 won 287.

He is maybe the 6th best coach ND has ever had. Does that make you happy?

So losing the most games is because he coached the most games, but winning the most games is not? What kind of logic is that?

How's this for a stat; Kelly lost as many games in 12 seasons as Knute, Leahy and Ara combined did in 35 seasons (40). Kelly is credited with 92 wins in those years, The big 3 won 287.

He is maybe the 6th best coach ND has ever had. Does that make you happy?
It’s called FACTS

Kelly has 106 wins, not 92 as you disingenuously listed.

You can’t compare 12 seasons with 35 seasons.
Here’s their respective records.
bear in mind that the playoffs and bowls increased the level of competition.

Now go back and look at ND‘s W-L record between Devine and Kelly.

Coach. Games. Delta Wins Losses Ties Seasons

Kelly 145. 106 39 0 11

Ara 116 29 95 17 4 11

Leahy 107 38 87 11 9 11

Rockne 122 23 105 12 5 13

It’s called FACTS

Kelly 145. 106 39 0 11

Ara 116 29 95 17 4 11

Leahy 107 38 87 11 9 11

Kelly coached 12 seasons not 11, as you so disingenuously listed.

Kelly coached 12 seasons not 11, as you so disingenuously listed.
I cited Wiki which listed him at 11

Kelly went 54 - 9 in his last five years.

That’s impressive by any metric !

Last edited:
It’s called FACTS

Kelly 145. 106 39 0 11

Ara 116 29 95 17 4 11

Leahy 107 38 87 11 9 11

You can deny it all you want, but ND is in 5th place all-time in wins thanks to those 21 wins that were vacated. Never happened? Once. It happened on one guy's watch.

Winning %
Rockne .881
Leahy .855
Parseghian .836
Holtz .765
Devine .764
Kelly .739 - take away the vacated games, it's .697

Championships + Major Bowls
Rockne 4 (3 NC 1 Rose Bowl, only bowl he coached in)
Leahy 4 (4 NC, ND didn't play in bowls then)
Parseghian 5 (2 NC, 3 major bowls)
Holtz 6 (1 NC, 5 major bowls)
Devine 3 (1 NC, 2 major bowls) Devine only coached 6 years, but got a lot done
Kelly - do I really have to say it? 0

Not only is it zero, but in 5 cracks, lost by 28, 16, 27, 24 and 17. That's an average of 22 points. That's worse than Weis did. Not only that, he lost by 24 to a team that ND beat earlier in the year.

So yes, his record speaks for itself. That was as good as it was ever going to get. It was a house of cards that got blown over time and time again. It was smoke and mirrors.

I can see making excuses at Cincinnati, and they are probably legit, but you can't blame Notre Dame for not being able to win. Seriously, Notre Dame, with it's exclusive national network contract, its millions of fans around the country, ridiculous amounts of revenue, and 18 Billion endowment? That Notre Dame? Ridiculous.

He just accepted being a step below elite. He wouldn't even talk to guys that MF GOT last year, because he just assumed he couldn't get them, or maybe his ego couldn't deal with trying and getting beat.

Anyway, he will get eaten alive in the SEC, and it won't take long.

#1 are you a ND fan? If you are did you celebrate each 12-0 season??? After the last game vs Stanford, are you honestly saying you just said “so what”????? Nope, if you were a fan you would be celebrating.

12-0 is a BIG deal.

#1 are you a ND fan? If you are did you celebrate each 12-0 season??? After the last game vs Stanford, are you honestly saying you just said “so what”????? Nope, if you were a fan you would be celebrating.

12-0 is a BIG deal.
The problem is the celebration ended during the bowl game of those seasons, really by halftime.
Also, it was USC, not Stanford.

I just checked his upcoming schedules. Not to beat him up, but to win an NC, he will need to beat in various years:
Alabama
Georgia
A and M
Clemson
Auburn
USC
FSU
Plus an SEC championship game. Then he will need to win a playoff and the NC game.

Does he have a history doing well in these type games?
Does he have a history of going undefeated in the regular season?????
GVSU
Cincy
ND
YES...... Year 3 he's in the mix for a National Title at LSU.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
I just checked his upcoming schedules. Not to beat him up, but to win an NC, he will need to beat in various years:
Alabama
Georgia
A and M
Clemson
Auburn
USC
FSU
Plus an SEC championship game. Then he will need to win a playoff and the NC game.

Does he have a history doing well in these type games?
Kelly already beat FSU, USC, and Clemson at ND with lesser talent. Now he'll get to recruit everyone, cut kids, and the kids on his team can focus 100% on football.

Reactions: chaseball
Does he have a history of going undefeated in the regular season?????
GVSU
Cincy
ND
YES...... Year 3 he's in the mix for a National Title at LSU.
Lol Kelly is like 2-12 against top 10 teams in his career. To win a title he'd have to beat at least 4.

He's also an average recruiter, he won't put in the effort to outrecruit the A&Ms, Bamas, Georgia of the world.

Kelly is simply not a great coach and people are finally going to find that out for themselves.

Kelly already beat FSU, USC, and Clemson at ND with lesser talent. Now he'll get to recruit everyone, cut kids, and the kids on his team can focus 100% on football.
LMAO, he beat Clemson with half their team (including their Heisman QB) out with injury.

FSU and USC were not more talented than Notre Dame when Notre Dame beat them. Notre Dames front alone put them in position to dominate. Quit making stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT