ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly blames everyone/everything but himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDinNJ

I've posted how many times?
Nov 23, 2018
for not winning at ND. That's a loser mentality, it's not me the leader/CEO, it's the players, lack of a training table, recruiting nationally instead of in state, etc. LSU will soon realize this. Kelly will be gone in 4-5 years His departure was long overdue, and i'm excited for the Freeman era.

Last edited:
He may have had some valid points, but he’s gone, it’s now Freeman’s ship to sail !

Reactions: raycyrx
for not winning at ND. That's a loser mentality, it's not me the leader/CEO, it's the players, lack of a training table, recruiting nationally instead of in state, etc. LSU will soon realize this. Kelly will be gone in 4-5 years His departure was long overdue, and i'm excited for the Freeman era.

https://www.si.com/college/notredam...re-dame-because-of-brian-kelly-not-notre-dame

I read that as well. Kelly asked for the personal chef and training table in 2016, after a 4-8 season with BVG on the coaching staff. The program had other more pressing issues after that debacle. After the loss to Clemson in 2018, Kelly said ND needs to recruit more elite WR and RB's, yet here we are in 2022 with seriously thin depth at WR.
I agree with that article. But we do need a training table and chef for the team

I agree, but that's not the reason Kelly couldn't get over the top. ND also completed many projects for the program, the stadium renovation, the new practice facility were both major projects.
Agreed. I'm saying for MF and the future, that is something that should get done quickly. There's really no excuse why we don't have it

Reactions: Kelso86 and NDinNJ
He needed a reason to justify why he left when he just went for the money. He had asked for a new contract after 2020 and Jack said they would talk when the existing contract (updated in 2016 before that season’s debacle), which was updated in 2013 (after flirtation with Eagles) was over, which was after 2021. Kelly got plenty of investments and the article is inaccurate

Reactions: Rionegro and NDinNJ
Makes you wonder why he chose to even discuss the inner workings of his former job. That alone comes across as petty and to a degree, spiteful. He would look alot bigger by simply and politely declined to look back other than to say a general complimentary statement...."I appreciate the dozen or whatever years I was at ND....and the opportunity, etc., etc....)

One more thing....there remains some unfinished business of the legal kind lingering on that new campus he is so smitten with. He will get to navigate through some of it...I am sure.

Reactions: Rionegro and NDinNJ
Driskell wrote an article that absolutely blistered Kelly. Wow. About as heavy handed as one can be…..

Reactions: NDinNJ
What I take most exception to is the "winningest coach at ND" label so generously given to Kelly. In my world view...it cannot be "winningest" without a Natty. But that's just me.

While MF continues to out recruit him.

He needed a reason to justify why he left when he just went for the money. He had asked for a new contract after 2020 and Jack said they would talk when the existing contract (updated in 2016 before that season’s debacle), which was updated in 2013 (after flirtation with Eagles) was over, which was after 2021. Kelly got plenty of investments and the article is inaccurate

He’s going to use it as his angle to bad mouth ND for recruiting purposes.

Reactions: BGI User 756

Who does Kelly coach now???

Kelly is right on facilities wrong on dicusising his abilities to win championship

also any time he says student athlete at lsu one must laugh

I agree with that article. But we do need a training table and chef for the team
Are you kidding me? A chef for the football team? If the chefs providing meals in the dinning halls is good enough for regular students, I’m quite confident it’s good enough for the football players. It brings all students together and forms that ND bond. We are still a pretty small student population for a major university

Reactions: Rionegro
Are you kidding me? A chef for the football team? If the chefs providing meals in the dinning halls is good enough for regular students, I’m quite confident it’s good enough for the football players. It brings all students together and forms that ND bond. We are still a pretty small student population for a major university
The other big time schools are doing everything they can to provide the right food options that will benefit the athletes to develop physically.

Reactions: raycyrx and Golson5
Food options

A. Meet, veggies, fruit
B. Chips, bread, sugar

I don’t know why this is so hard for people. There’s enough food on NDs campus to feed the third world. Tell them to eat. ND football players don’t look malnourished or fed wrong. Good food is important, but this is not rocket science. I don’t think a team needs a chef. Sounds dumb. South dining hall has chefs. Hell, when I lived on campus they served prime rib. There are lots of good options.

Reactions: Rionegro
Food options

A. Meet, veggies, fruit
B. Chips, bread, sugar

I don’t know why this is so hard for people. There’s enough food on NDs campus to feed the third world. Tell them to eat. ND football players don’t look malnourished or fed wrong. Good food is important, but this is not rocket science. I don’t think a team needs a chef. Sounds dumb. South dining hall has chefs. Hell, when I lived on campus they served prime rib. There are lots of good options.
To be fair, it's also for quality control.
"Johnson(LSU's executive chef) is so talented and so dedicated that he travels out days ahead of time for road games as sort of a culinary quality control coach. Johnson once ran into undercooked chicken prepared at a team hotel. This being the uber-competitive SEC, he wasn't sure it was an accident."

You've got to be joking right? These athletes need a different type of meal plan and diets than the regular student population. Some guys need to add mass and gain weight. Sone players need to cut and lose weight. Its not a one size fits all diet. They need a certain amount of protein, macros, micros. They burn wayy more calories in a normal day than a regualr student with lifting, conditioning and practicing.

You've got to be joking. This is standard at every major college football and basketball program.

What you eat and drink effects your body and performance as an athlete. Not having the best of the best. With the best nutritionists is not giving yourself the best chance to win

The people that on here that don’t think a training table is a critical component to athletes competing at the highest levels have clearly never played sports at a D1 level. And it’s blatantly obvious.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
There is validity to the desires to keep up with your peers, the teams you compete with.

The dietary needs of the football team differ from those of the general student population.

Its a reasonable request/need !

Food options

A. Meet, veggies, fruit
B. Chips, bread, sugar

No, if you’re going to compete for recruits and fulfill the individual dietary needs of each player you need a dedicated chef.

it’s a reasonable request and the cost is minimal

The people that on here that don’t think a training table is a critical component to athletes competing at the highest levels have clearly never played sports at a D1 level. And it’s blatantly obvious.
👍

Food options

A. Meet, veggies, fruit
B. Chips, bread, sugar

Have you ever played sports or trained with someone who does at a high level? Nutrition is crucial to your training and performance. This isnt the 60s anymore

Reactions: IrishMike409
You have to be trolling us.

I agree, but that's not the reason Kelly couldn't get over the top. ND also completed many projects for the program, the stadium renovation, the new practice facility were both major projects.
That's not why he wasn't an elite. He only needs look in the mirror.

You've got to be joking right? These athletes need a different type of meal plan and diets than the regular student population. Some guys need to add mass and gain weight. Sone players need to cut and lose weight. Its not a one size fits all diet. They need a certain amount of protein, macros, micros. They burn wayy more calories in a normal day than a regualr student with lifting, conditioning and practicing.

You've got to be joking. This is standard at every major college football and basketball program.

What you eat and drink effects your body and performance as an athlete. Not having the best of the best. With the best nutritionists is not giving yourself the best chance to win
You're putting entirely way too much emphasis on this.

Seriously you make this out like ND and Kelly didn't win because our players never put on weight only eating chef boyardee. Every OL player, and defensive front 7 all put on serious weight.
Guess what...it wasnt just from lifting weights. They were lifiting the spoon and fork.

Things are not as bleak pertaining to eating as you're implying.

BK being embarrassed on the grandest of stages has absolutely positively nothing to do with lacking some god damn chef.

Reactions: DublinND and NDinNJ

Seriously you make this out like ND and Kelly didn't win because our players never put on weight only eating chef boyardee. Every OL player, and defensive front 7 all put on serious weight.
Guess what...it wasnt just from lifting weights. They were lifiting the spoon and fork.

BK being embarrassed on the grandest of stages has absolutely positively nothing to do with lacking some god damn chef.
IMHO, today, you have to present yourself and your facilities as state of the art if you want to make yourself more attractive to elite prospects.

Upgrading your facilities snd services is never a bad idea.

Reactions: Golson5 and NDinNJ
Have you ever played sports or trained with someone who does at a high level? Nutrition is crucial to your training and performance. This isnt the 60s anymore

Yes. College wrestler. Didn’t have a chef. I get it though. Nutrition is huge. A lot of us were overly educated in that regard as the sport requires it. Football players probably require more education.

IMHO, today, you have to present yourself and your facilities as state of the art if you want to make yourself more attractive to elite prospects.

Upgrading your facilities snd services is never a bad idea.
Being way overstated and under-rated.

Posters on here acting like we've got players that need a live aid concert just to get nourished to survive let alone participate.

You can't rave about Balis because you know ....he's only working with athletes who get one cup of water but all must share one tea bag and one pack of crackers.
Holy shit why's he even there. He has no idea what he's doing without a "training table" and a god damn chef.

For christ sake.....

I'm taking everything back I've said about Brian Kelly.
We weren't really unprepared.
Seven plus false starts...
Wasting timeouts...
Afraid of failure....
Being out rushed 5:1 with AA's on the line...
Still trying to get a 1st down vs. Clemson in playoff game...
Stagnate QB play...
Playing the wrong QB....

All because he didn't have a training table and a god damn chef.

YYYYEEEAAAAA!!!!

I'm not even talking about Kelly. You are. I'm talking about something every major college and basketball have and need

This should be corrected immediately for MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT