ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly blames everyone/everything but himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite teams can and are often only single digit favorites over good to great teams. Single digit favorites is simply not a metric.
If a team is great, as you state above, then they must also be elite.

You have told us on numerous occasions that ND is not elite, ergo they would most likely be double digit underdogs which is how they opened against Ohio State

If a team is great, as you state above, then they must also be elite.

You have told us on numerous occasions that ND is not elite, ergo they would most likely be double digit underdogs which is how they opened against Ohio State
No.
All elite teams are great.
Not all great teams are elite.

You made up the whole double digit underdog metric yourself. You're moving the goal posts.

Another fellow who lives in the area called me yesterday, he may join us by playing in a group behind us, I’ll ask him if there’s room for another golfer, if so, bring your clubs.

What’s your handicap ?

if I donate the money it would go to Notre Dame.
Wow! I appreciate that!

Well, my handicap is another story, don't laugh I'm a 18-20 handicap.

I'll match that donation! 😀

No.
All elite teams are great.
Not all great teams are elite.

You made up the whole double digit underdog metric yourself. You're moving the goal posts.
What’s the difference between a great team and an elite team ?

I think Las Vegas crafter double digit favorite/underdogs.

Look no further than ND vs OSU

Wow! I appreciate that!

Well, my handicap is another story, don't laugh I'm a 18-20 handicap.

I'll match that donation! 😀
I should know if there’s an available spot at least 2 or 3 weeks in advance.
Late August.

You've got to be joking right? These athletes need a different type of meal plan and diets than the regular student population. Some guys need to add mass and gain weight. Sone players need to cut and lose weight. Its not a one size fits all diet. They need a certain amount of protein, macros, micros. They burn wayy more calories in a normal day than a regualr student with lifting, conditioning and practicing.

You've got to be joking. This is standard at every major college football and basketball program.

What you eat and drink effects your body and performance as an athlete. Not having the best of the best. With the best nutritionists is not giving yourself the best chance to win
Hasn’t prevented the fencers from sticking it to the opposition

I think he has little chance. A&M will out recruit him. As will Bama and Georgia. I think he’s 3rd best in the SEC at best. I also think USC and Ohio State will out recruit him. Then there’s ND rising. I don’t think he will and I hope he doesn’t. ND had a better recruiting class in 2022 and has a very good chance at having a better one in 2023 if we land Dante Moore (that will be back to back better classes). While LSU has tremendous in state talent, it’s not going to be enough to out recruit Bama or USC and I wouldn’t be surprised if BK loses that in state talent to Bama and A&M. I think ND can make the playoffs and LSU will get left out. I think the best teams in the next 5 years are as follows…

Bama
A&M
Georgia
USC
Ohio State
LSU
Notre Dame

And don’t count out Dabo’s comeback.

I’d keep LSU near the bottom of that list.
The 3 best receivers in the state of Louisiana went to Bama this year.

So, a coach that has the following resume is not a successful coach????

1. multiple 12-0 seasons
2. Made it to the championship game.
3. Multiple playoff/final 4 appearances.
4. Dominated rivals SC and Stanford.
5. Wins ACC West Championship.

Looks successful to me
1,2 and 3 legit. 4 —usc been extremely beatable since sanctions, Stanford?? 5—- ACC pretty pathetic conference

Oklahoma and Clemson weren’t weak teams
Oklahoma D was horrible that year. Did they finish the season in top 15? Clemson minus Lawrence and a number of other key players due to covid or injury. Kelly’s covid win , how did the rematch work out?

I should know if there’s an available spot at least 2 or 3 weeks in advance.
Late August.
Also, since we are both from Jersey, if you want to meet for lunch, coffee, etc. prior to, I would be more than happy to.

Current SC

Kelly rebuilt ND into a respectable program.
I agree. He gets Kudos for that. My only gripe is he overstayed his tenure, and the way he left. We clearly knew he reached his apex and took the program as far as he could. There was no improvement vs the elites, dating back from 2012, none.

Leaving the way he did, showed a complete lack of respect for the school and program that stuck with him through the adversities, and the 2016 season.

If Kelly recruited so poorly, how did he amass all of those wins and how did Kelly’s players end up in the NFL with some being all-stars ?

I thought that revisionist history was limited to the Bolsheviks.
If we compare the number of players drafted during the 11 years prior to Brian Kelly's tenure we have the following results:
2000-2010 (11 draft cycles) - 46 players drafted

Compared to the Kelly tenure
2011-2021 - (11 draft cycles) - 45 players drafted

Another interesting stat, which shows just how badly BK mucked up the QB position.
Charlie Weis had 2 QB's drafted in 5 years.
Brian Kelly had 2 QB's drafted in 12 years.

There is no way Kelly was a great recruiter. He really wasn't.

In comparison, 64 players were drafted during the Holtz era. Holtz and his staff recruited there butts off. Holtz was a great recruiter.

Reactions: Zorich 88
CW brought in two 5* QB's in 5 years. One was the #1 overall player in the country.

Kelly was gifted one. Kiel was a #1 overall player in the country but he was a legacy. Kelly likely didn't recruit him and then didn't play him. Then he lost him to protect Golson who was cheating and had to sit a year.

I just want to forget Kelly, tbh.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I agree. He gets Kudos for that. My only gripe is he overstayed his tenure, and the way he left. We clearly knew he reached his apex and took the program as far as he could. There was no improvement vs the elites, dating back from 2012, none.

Leaving the way he did, showed a complete lack of respect for the school and program that stuck with him through the adversities, and the 2016 season.
Agree, but that shouldn’t have come as a surprise as he entertained bailing on the team and ND in 2012

If we compare the number of players drafted during the 11 years prior to Brian Kelly's tenure we have the following results:
2000-2010 (11 draft cycles) - 46 players drafted

Compared to the Kelly tenure
2011-2021 - (11 draft cycles) - 45 players drafted

Another interesting stat, which shows just how badly BK mucked up the QB position.

There is no way Kelly was a great recruiter. He really wasn't.

In comparison, 64 players were drafted during the Holtz era. Holtz and his staff recruited there butts off. Holtz was a great recruiter.
What was Notre Dame’s record over those prior 11 years ?

Your comparison is incomplete, you have to look at it from position by position, not just QB’s

Singling out Holtz is Cherry picking.

All of this is fluff and irrelevant, the only thing that WILL matter is MF’s win / loss record

What was Notre Dame’s record over those prior 11 years ?

Your comparison is incomplete, you have to look at it from position by position, not just QB’s

Singling out Holtz is Cherry picking.

All of this is fluff and irrelevant, the only thing that WILL matter is MF’s win / loss record
I was responding to your comment about BK, recruiting, and sending players to the NFL.
I addressed that he was not a great recruiter, better than his 3 predecessors, but not better than Holtz. Holtz was a great recruiter, Kelly was a good recruiter.

During Kelly's 11 year tenure he had less players drafted than the previous 11 years. Weis sent just as many QB's to the NFL in 5 years as Kelly did in 12.

Holtz blew them all away.

I was responding to your comment about BK, recruiting, and sending players to the NFL.
I addressed that he was not a great recruiter, better than his 3 predecessors, but not better than Holtz. Holtz was a great recruiter, Kelly was a good recruiter.

During Kelly's 11 year tenure he had less players drafted than the previous 11 years. Weis sent just as many QB's to the NFL in 5 years as Kelly did in 12.

Holtz blew them all away.
We know that Kelly wasn’t Holtz, but Kelly didn’t follow Holtz, he followed a string of mediocre coaches.

Holtz was also granted recruiting leeway not afforded to Kelly.

HOW COULD YOU FORGET THAT ?

OR….. MAYBE YOU DIDN’T !

Even people that despise Kelly (me) still have to appreciate what he did. He's raised the expectations again at Notre Dame and now we know the program is capable of 10+ wins a year and competing for playoff appearances in the current landscape.

Any coach that doesn't do those things will be replaced because that's where the expectations are now. He did nothing once he got there but he proved they could get there, now we need to take the next step and Freeman's recruiting is a great start.

Also, since we are both from Jersey, if you want to meet for lunch, coffee, etc. prior to, I would be more than happy to.
That’s a great idea, then I can show you some of my email exchanges and you can tell the morons like Golson5, IrishJoke68 and Mirer03 that they would have lost a lot of money had they not been cowards and bet me ! 😜

That’s a great idea, then I can show you some of my email exchanges and you can tell the morons like Golson5, IrishJoke68 and Mirer03 that they would have lost a lot of money had they not been cowards and bet me ! 😜
Why do you have to show someone else? Why can’t you show all of us what proof you have? Oh that’s right, doesn’t exist.

Why do you have to show someone else? Why can’t you show all of us what proof you have? Oh that’s right, doesn’t exist.
Because I feel like it.

Because the email exchanges between TB Sr and me contain personal information that’s not for public consumption.

You were too cowardly to bet me, ergo I owe you nothing.

In addition to being dumb, You’re a fool, a loser and a coward and NDinNJ will confirm everything that I’ve said.

NDinNJ can prove and confirm that you, Golson5, BGI user 576 and mirer03 are the losers and welchers.

You schmucks picked the wrong guy to challenge !

Individually and collectively, You’re all talk and no action, you’re all pathetic !

Because I feel like it.

Because the email exchanges between TB Sr and me contain personal information that’s not for public consumption.

You were too cowardly to bet me, ergo I owe you nothing.

In addition to being dumb, You’re a fool, a loser and a coward and NDinNJ will confirm everything that I’ve said.

NDinNJ can prove and confirm that you, Golson5, BGI user 576 and mirer03 are the losers and welchers.

You schmucks picked the wrong guy to challenge !

Individually and collectively, You’re all talk and no action, you’re all pathetic !
Lol, the lengths you go to keep this fallacy alive. You could post an email right now. You could block out whatever the shit you think is not for public consumption. Easy. You could post pictures with your supposed VIP friends. The golf match in August won’t happen, you will find an excuse .

you are the most pathetic figure on this board of late, think your tough words on the internet, and calling names in quotes and exclamation points…and stories that have more twists than a snake …really convince anyone? Lmao

anyone that goes to the trouble you do to convince people you only know on a message board, is clearly suffering from penis envy.

now make sure you have a good reply, I need my entertainment in the AM. You get more points for boldening, name calling, raising odds, exclamation points …and the cake for sharing how important it is for you to keep your secrecy…after posting all these make believe relationships you have

So you are going to continue you lies till August? Do you think we will forget the lies you spin by then? Sorry internet tough guy we won’t forget.

Cmon Patrice

we need more Baghdad Bob, some Joe Isuzu, even Tommy Flanagan

you are lurking…find some retort

You were too cowardly to bet me, ergo I owe you nothing

You owe me 10k welcher.

In addition to being a liar you are so incurably and incredibly dumb

You already admitted that you didn’t bet me.
Here’s what you posted:

Why on earth would I but money up on a bet you lost? Welcher.”
I can’t believe how incredibly stupid you are:

But, if you’re now stating that you’re willing to bet $ 10,000, please reconfirm that you’re betting
$ 10,000.

Thanks

In addition to being a liar you are so incurably and incredibly dumb

You already admitted that you didn’t bet me.
Here’s what you posted:

I can’t believe how incredibly stupid you are:

But, if you’re now stating that you’re willing to bet $ 10,000, please reconfirm that you’re betting
$ 10,000.

Thanks
Well at least I’m smarter then you. Welcher

So you are going to continue you lies till August? Do you think we will forget the lies you spin by then? Sorry internet tough guy we won’t forget.
Now that NDinNJ and I are getting together you won’t have to wait until August.

NDinNJ will be able to provide confirmation on the date we meet, the sooner the better you loser

Cmon Patrice

we need more Baghdad Bob, some Joe Isuzu, even Tommy Flanagan

you are lurking…find some retort
The retort is that NDinNJ will be able to confirm what I stated on the day we meet and you’ll all look like fools.

What will be interesting will be to see if any of you have the character to apologize !

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT