ADVERTISEMENT

Keely visit to Bama

Well that's not what folks around here who know him personally say. You know folks who work with him everyday ? No such thing as " insiders ". They're ALL outsiders. Some are just much more respected by the program than others because of their professionalism.
I dont know your folks. So that's irrelevant to me. These people have a long track record of knowing team and recruiting information.

So I will trust them. If you don't, that's fine. Not worried about it

I dont know your folks. So that's irrelevant to me. These people have a long track record of knowing team and recruiting information.

So I will trust them. If you don't, that's fine. Not worried about it
I don’t believe Luke Fickell and his wife wanted to uproot their 6 kids and move from their home state to South Bend, despite what your ND Insiders say.

my point is we didn't have to make adjustments vs wisconsin

We needed to vs FSU, VTech, UNC, OK State and didn't with any success
IIRC he adjusted against FSU into the 3 down lineman and let them back into the game.

btw adjusted yards per play is the best metric for evaluating the strength of a team. ie Did Freemans defense hold them to fewer yards per play than they were expected to gain?

I don’t believe Luke Fickell and his wife wanted to uproot their 6 kids and move from their home state to South Bend, despite what your ND Insiders say.
Thats fine.

It's not my insiders. Its the sites. He talked to NDand so did his agent

When I say interested I mean " seriously " considering it. Few people in this world dismiss anything outright regarding their profession. ND reached out to his agent to gauge his interest. It didn't go any farther than that. An offer was never made.
I believe that. I also believe that the timing for Fickell was untenable. I don't know how you could quit on a playoff team and keep your reputation. Would he have done it for OSU? Maybe. It's certainly the only place he would get a free pass to leave for, but even Kelly didn't abandon Cincinnati as a playoff team.

Reactions: Rionegro
I believe that. I also believe that the timing for Fickell was untenable. I don't know how you could quit on a playoff team and keep your reputation. Would he have done it for OSU? Maybe. It's certainly the only place he would get a free pass to leave for, but even Kelly didn't abandon Cincinnati as a playoff team.
if I recall correctly Kelly did not coach Cinncy in their bowl game. That was part of the agreement with nd, he had to come immediately for recruiting reasons. He then flipped his top recruit from Cinncy to nd. he definitely quit on his team and it led to bad blood with some of the bearcats

if I recall correctly Kelly did not coach Cinncy in their bowl game. That was part of the agreement with nd, he had to come immediately for recruiting reasons. He then flipped his top recruit from Cinncy to nd. he definitely quit on his team and it led to bad blood with some of the bearcats
They took it out on him last year!

I've been reading on other ND and OSU boards that Keeley is close to his uncle who is a huge OSU fan and trying to push him to Columbus. They'll both be at the ND-OSU game. Just have a feeling this one will drag out until signing day.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
No he did not talk to ND. Luke said so.
You cant possibly be that nieve can you?

You believe everything a coach says?

Have you ever heard or seen what coach Kelly has done? How about Nick Saban? How about Bill Bilichick?

Come on

You cant possibly be that nieve can you?

You believe everything a coach says?

Have you ever heard or seen what coach Kelly has done? How about Nick Saban? How about Bill Bilichick?

Come on
He said it on 700 WLW radio way back in December. Said he had no contact with ND and did not expect to hear from ND. Freeman was hired the same day.

Besides do you believe everything a insider says who was no real knowledge. I tent to believe it when it comes straight from the source and no hearsay.

He said it on 700 WLW radio way back in December. Said he had no contact with ND and did not expect to hear from ND. Freeman was hired the same day.

Besides do you believe everything a insider says who was no real knowledge. I tent to believe it when it comes straight from the source and no hearsay.
I dont believe anything a coach says about other programs trying to steal them away. Because they never tell the truth and if they do they would look horrible.

What did you think he would say, yeah me and my agent have had conversations with ND. Not going to happen.

I dont believe anything a coach says about other programs trying to steal them away. Because they never tell the truth and if they do they would look horrible.

What did you think he would say, yeah me and my agent have had conversations with ND. Not going to happen.
I don’t know why he would lie. Believe what you want.

I don’t know why he would lie. Believe what you want.
IMO Luke Fickell and his wife wasn’t going to consider taking their 6 kids and leaving Cincinnati for another head coaching job out of the state of Ohio.

on’t know why he would lie. Believe what you want.
Did it occur to you there might be a clause in his contract forbidding contact with competing programs or requiring to inform his employer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT