ADVERTISEMENT

Keely visit to Bama

it woke? lol
keeley no longer committed according mom interview nd best chance is to finish at 275 same as bks class last year
facts he not committed go pay Tom Loy an read it urself
to drop fact bomb why u ?
It seems like the only time I read anything you say, all you do is talk shit about the Notre Dame Football program.

Based on what I have read regarding his large family, his Ohio upbringing, and their love of Cincinnati, I do not believe Fickell will uproot his family and leave a head coaching gig at Cincinnati, except for his alma mater in Columbus, which is wife's alma mater as well.
True,his wife likes it there

keeley no longer committed according mom interview nd best chance is to finish at 275 same as bks class last year
Where did you see that? On3 has an article on his visit and they quote Keeley and his mother. apparently a number of his family members accompanied him and they all spoke very positively about the visit. But, the mother was quoted as saying he’s still committed to nd.

They only talked to Fickells agent, never to him. He was never interested.
he didn't want to bail on his team that was going to the playoff, and didn't want any rumors out there otherwise.

I think it's a stretch to say he wasn't interested.

This, ppg we were 14th, total defense 40th depending on site, and you are correct we were over 60th until end of season where our schedule got super easy
Why keep emphasizing the timing of the defense, improving its ranking? Of course they got better against the lesser teams .

You realize it worked the opposite way for the conference teams who played cupcakes in OOC games, right? Like Michigan, who many were quoting as a great defensive team throughout the year….which of course would look like such when playing West Mich, Northern ILL, 5-8 Rutgers, 3-9 NW, 3-9 Nebraska, 4-8 Washington in 6 of its first 7 games…and the 7th game being offensively challenged Wisky which we well knew…

I agree our schedule was easier compared to past this years but the “when the schedule got easier” is a misleading argument

Reactions: Kelso86
Why keep emphasizing the timing of the defense, improving its ranking? Of course they got better against the lesser teams .

You realize it worked the opposite way for the conference teams who played cupcakes in OOC games, right? Like Michigan, who many were quoting as a great defensive team throughout the year….which of course would look like such when playing West Mich, Northern ILL, 5-8 Rutgers, 3-9 NW, 3-9 Nebraska, 4-8 Washington in 6 of its first 7 games…and the 7th game being offensively challenged Wisky which we well knew…

I agree our schedule was easier compared to past this years but the “when the schedule got easier” is a misleading argument
fair, other than our Defense was never that good to begin with

First you said we had a poor sos which wasn't true.

Now you're trying to flip to we didn't play good offensive teams.

Do you have a breakdown how all p5 teams compared to us in terms of opp offenses.

We had a good schedule and a top 15c defense.

Were we elite, no. Were we a really good defense, yes.

And that's with switching schemes and losing our best player half way through season. Another thing people forget is we lost our best lb before the season
You don’t think other teams suffered no significant loses. How about Va losing their starting qb? Really good D? That’s a stretch. Teams we dominated we had massive talent advantage. I don’t think okie st will say we had a “ really good d”

You don’t think other teams suffered no significant loses. How about Va losing their starting qb? Really good D? That’s a stretch. Teams we dominated we had massive talent advantage. I don’t think okie st will say we had a “ really good d”
Ok state had one of the best defenses in the country so should we say they weren't good because we scored on them?

I'm just going by facts. We were 14th in opp ppg last year with the 22nd rated sos

Simple as that

Where did you see that? On3 has an article on his visit and they quote Keeley and his mother. apparently a number of his family members accompanied him and they all spoke very positively about the visit. But, the mother was quoted as saying he’s still committed to nd.

Bama RB commit Young posting on social media that his goal is to get Keeley committed to Bama.

Ok state had one of the best defenses in the country so should we say they weren't good because we scored on them?

I'm just going by facts. We were 14th in opp ppg last year with the 22nd rated sos

Simple as that
43rd in total d—-simple as that

Luke wants to be the head man at OSU not ND.
Agree, and frankly, him and the wife have 6 kids, both Ohio born and bred, and uprooting the 6 kids to move out of state for another head coaching gig other than what they really want, isn't something I am certain they would have done..

But he wants to be the head man at Cincinnati.... yeah okay
He is waiting on the OSU job and he is not leaving Cincy for another job.
We all know that you are not right all the time. Matter of fact you are wrong more often then you are right. This is just another example. But keep trying.

Agree, and frankly, him and the wife have 6 kids, both Ohio born and bred, and uprooting the 6 kids to move out of state for another head coaching gig other than what they really want, isn't something I am certain they would have done..
Yeah he is from Dayton Ohio and he doesn’t want to uproot the family to move to SB or anywhere else just to hopefully move again to Columbus Ohio.

Insiders from ND sites say different. And they say he was interested
Well that's not what folks around here who know him personally say. You know folks who work with him everyday ? No such thing as " insiders ". They're ALL outsiders. Some are just much more respected by the program than others because of their professionalism.

he didn't want to bail on his team that was going to the playoff, and didn't want any rumors out there otherwise.

I think it's a stretch to say he wasn't interested.
When I say interested I mean " seriously " considering it. Few people in this world dismiss anything outright regarding their profession. ND reached out to his agent to gauge his interest. It didn't go any farther than that. An offer was never made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT