ADVERTISEMENT

Keely visit to Bama

Freeman was good at Cincy and at ND
I like freeman and given the situation swarbrick was in he had few options. But our d was somewhere around 70th in the country and then moved up the last mos of the year ( when schedule was really soft) to mid 40’s. The okie st debacle was flat out embarrassing. Nothing special yet that’s for sure

I like freeman and given the situation swarbrick was in he had few options. But our d was somewhere around 70th in the country and then moved up the last mos of the year ( when schedule was really soft) to mid 40’s. The okie st debacle was flat out embarrassing. Nothing special yet that’s for sure
We finished 14th last year in defense. So your stats are off

Ohio St. defeated Utah in the Rose Bowl 48-45. Points are scored around CFB.

Reactions: bullpride9
You rarely have anything positive to say about any aspect of Notre Dame Football. Here you do.

And Jack had more than a few options by the way
what were they? In the initial press conference he said he would engage in either a thorough or exhaustive search. At that point he said he had been in contact with no candidates. He also, if I remember correctly, said players would not determine the outcome but he would listen. In 48 hours we had a new coach. I really wanted Fickell, has HC experience and a winner. Players obviously like Marcus and he can relate to the kids we’re recruiting—-damn good recruiter. if you asked Jack in September of 2021 if the next nd HC would have exactly 0 experience as HC I think he would have laughed. but there was no exhaustive search and the threat of losing the recruiting class and seeing Marcus and tommy depart was enough for Jack to cave.

Reactions: tbonesays
what were they? In the initial press conference he said he would engage in either a thorough or exhaustive search. At that point he said he had been in contact with no candidates. He also, if I remember correctly, said players would not determine the outcome but he would listen. In 48 hours we had a new coach. I really wanted Fickell, has HC experience and a winner. Players obviously like Marcus and he can relate to the kids we’re recruiting—-damn good recruiter. if you asked Jack in September of 2021 if the next nd HC would have exactly 0 experience as HC I think he would have laughed. but there was no exhaustive search and the threat of losing the recruiting class and seeing Marcus and tommy depart was enough for Jack to cave.
Fickell and Campbell for sure

Well, you obviously have a narrative in mind.

Al Golden is now the DC, and I wish him well.
my point is we didn't have to make adjustments vs wisconsin

We needed to vs FSU, VTech, UNC, OK State and didn't with any success

Ncaa.com lists us at 43. So your stats were pulled out of your ass
This, ppg we were 14th, total defense 40th depending on site, and you are correct we were over 60th until end of season where our schedule got super easy

Reactions: Rionegro
Why would I care about that?

Hiw many points you give up is most important.

We were 15th
come on man......... our schedule was so frichan easy last year. Not by choice, but by luck.

Our D wasn't that good. PPG is absolutely important, but total D takes into account opponent and shows how good your D is and how it really stacks up. PPG is a big part of that. Scary that our PPG was so good but total D so bad, shows how easy our schedule was.

come on man......... our schedule was so frichan easy last year. Not by choice, but by luck.

Our D wasn't that good. PPG is absolutely important, but total D takes into account opponent and shows how good your D is and how it really stacks up. PPG is a big part of that. Scary that our PPG was so good but total D so bad, shows how easy our schedule was.
Regardless, ppg is THE most important defensive stat. We ranked 15th last year

Our sos wasnt awful. Theres tons of p5 teams who had worse sos than us.

Just looked it up and our final sos on the site I checked was 22. Actually really good.

Much better than a lot of top teams that did not have better defenses than us

not sure how all the NLI stuff limits movements, but otherwise expect a hectic crazy couple of months, player decommits and commits. Alot of reshuffling going to happen. There will be new winners and new losers.

Regardless, ppg is THE most important defensive stat. We ranked 15th last year

Our sos wasnt awful. Theres tons of p5 teams who had worse sos than us.

Just looked it up and our final sos on the site I checked was 22. Actually really good.

Much better than a lot of top teams that did not have better defenses than us
Yeah we played some good defensive teams that had terrible offenses. The Virginia game was the big one because we got their backup who was not ready.

Yeah we played some good defensive teams that had terrible offenses. The Virginia game was the big one because we got their backup who was not ready.
First you said we had a poor sos which wasn't true.

Now you're trying to flip to we didn't play good offensive teams.

Do you have a breakdown how all p5 teams compared to us in terms of opp offenses.

We had a good schedule and a top 15c defense.

Were we elite, no. Were we a really good defense, yes.

And that's with switching schemes and losing our best player half way through season. Another thing people forget is we lost our best lb before the season

Yeah....he wants to coach at Cincy but not Notre Dame... Lol
Based on what I have read regarding his large family, his Ohio upbringing, and their love of Cincinnati, I do not believe Fickell will uproot his family and leave a head coaching gig at Cincinnati, except for his alma mater in Columbus, which is wife's alma mater as well.

I don't have a party; I prefer to think for myself. You should try it sometime. No, when I say "you guys", I'm talking about tragically lonely, fringe-dwelling incels who don't know the difference between woke politics and skin color.

it woke? lol

keeley no longer committed according mom interview nd best chance is to finish at 275 same as bks class last year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT