ADVERTISEMENT

Irish vs Ball State!!

Receivers are open things would look much better if Wimbush could quarterback. He is a disaster if not running

Pretty sure the reigns are on wimbush to keep him from running. He hasnt tucked the ball once. Lets keep some perspective. Nd Nd now firmly in control.

Reactions: iupjes2001
Pretty sure the reigns are on wimbush to keep him from running. He hasnt tucked the ball once. Lets keep some perspective. Nd Nd now firmly in control.
I think that's part of the problem. I suspect he can't get into his groove until he takes a a couple of runs and gets hit. I bet that'd help him settle down.

Reactions: mirer03
He is a 50% passer and that is not enough to be a playoff caliber team. Finke is not a threat as a punt returner. Those are facts. Same as last year regarding Wimbush. The defense and running game are winning this game.

I don’t know we are throwing so many long balls ? I think that short safe passes would be a lot more productive ?

Reactions: deadirishpoet
BW is regressing. Same old stuff. He has zero pocket presence. Chucks the ball up for grabs. This kid is not a QB that you can rely on. Book will see action.

I don’t know we are throwing so many long balls ? I think that short safe passes would be a lot more productive ?
I think that's Wimbush...he's struggling to go through his reads or everyone is covered and instead of running he's heaving it up.

It’s just too bad that we’ll have to blow some games before they realize Book is the better quarterback.

Give the kid some slack. Could you get psyched to play a 30 pt dog?

This is why I detest when coaches "work on things" in games. It's obvious they've told Brandon not to run and to sit in the pocket and work on his passing game. That's not his game. You're forcing a square peg in a round hole. He's dangerous when they have to worry about him burning you with his legs.

Coaching cost ND a lot of points thst half.

This is why I detest when coaches "work on things" in games. It's obvious they've told Brandon not to run and to sit in the pocket and work on his passing game. That's not his game. You're forcing a square peg in a round hole. He's dangerous when they have to worry about him burning you with his legs.

Hopefully they turn him lose. Book is a capable backup if BW gets dinged up.

Think of this as a bye week or an extended practice. This is an exercise in avoiding injuries. Nothing more.

Anybody see the little clip, where they showed Polian yelling at Kelly to challenge the spot on the kickoff? Yet another special teams error made by that clown. Why do they let him coach? He should be a recruiter. Period.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Time to turn BW lose. QB runs keeps the line from pushing up field so much.

I'll bet anything if they got Wimbush moving more on bootleg, play action, RPO, draws, etc. His passing numbers would be better. But being fair to Wimbush. O-Line looks awful pass protecting. And there's been at least 3 throws: 1 to Mack, 1 to Davis, and 1 to Boykin that should have been caught.

Reactions: rgc7

Thank you IIO. This makes little sense to me strategy wise. And I honestly see BW developing bad habits like heaving it deep because no one is open when dropping 8...rather than going through progressions and finding an open receiver. And I get not wanting him to take hits against a team that they should be dominating, but he's gotten creamed a couple times holding on to the ball trying to make a play anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT