ADVERTISEMENT

If you are going to make a thread and call out Kelly

Actually, I do have another choice. I will continue to bitch about Kelly until he's gone. You can all choose to bury your head in the sand, but once again toward the end of next failed season many of you will be saying the same thing I am in February. The most delusional of us all (Bodi) was calling for Kellys head at the end of the year and now he's back with this 12-0 predictions, sounding like a complete fool. You bring back threads showing this and he deletes him. That's ****ing weak and he needs to own up to it. "One of yours", that's the argument you make. That's about as weak as it can get.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Pennick44
You do understand that bitching about it isn't changing or influencing anything or anybody. You and pers are not trailblazers. You know nothing more than the rest of us. The light hasn't shined down on the anti-BK crowd with infinite wisdom any more than the rest of us. It just doesn't matter what any of us post here because it isn't changing anything. He's here and he will be here until he decides or someone decides for him that he won't be here.You, me, none of us have any say in the matter. What's weak is the eternal foot stompin', breath holding, wall punching, expletive filled tantrums that are being exhibited by grown adults. At least Bodi changes things up and keeps us guessing instead of repeating the same negative talking points over and over that is never going to change anything. Most of us are not happy with BK. Only a few are obsessive about it.

Reactions: Bodizephax
So if a coach goes to a championship, he then gets a free pass for terrible seasons?
You made my point when you said 'IF' it weren't for close losses. A big time coach would not have an 'if' in that sentence. Big coaches win big games. Kelly has coached in some big important games for ND. You named them in your post. However, the outcome is always the same.

Then the only big time coaches are Saban, Meyer or Dabo. Who would you want to replace Kelly? An unproven coach? You cant discount the games that he won that led him to go to the National Championship.

If after suffering through the misery of a 4-8 season, one cannot enjoy what's happened this off-season and get excited about the potential turn around of the program ushered in by the staff changes, the finish to '17 recruiting, and the start of '18 recruiting, all because of an irrational hatred of a coach, I question whether you're truly a fan or have some other more pressing agenda.

If you are a fan, I just feel sorry for you. Take a chance, have some hope again. Don't shelter yourself in negativity. Sure, when you do have hope and things don't work out, it hurts. But it also allows you to enjoy the pleasure along with the pain rather than wallowing in a sea of misery and despair.

If this post resonates with just one of you obsessive-compulsive Kelly hating posters and rescues you from horror that you're caught in then I believe the time it took to write it was well spent.

Here's to hope.....

Reactions: gkall24
Some of us think it goes beyond football. Kelly is wrong for ND. Being supportive of the team, which can go back decades, is not predicated upon the requirement that one needs to support a despicable character.
And he is the weakest link on the revised staff.

I hope that resonates with persons of dignity, humility and grace; the rest? Lost souls.

Last edited:
and the 'continuous' creation of ID's by the same small clan, fools no one.

Last edited:
Some of us think it goes beyond football. Kelly is wrong for ND. Being supportive of the team, which can go back decades, is not predicated upon the requirement that one needs to support a despicable character.
And he is the weakest link on the revised staff.

I hope that resonates with persons of dignity, humility and grace; the rest? Lost souls.

And why is BK wrong for ND? Because you say so? You, the judge and jury. You, who has no idea what is going on behind closed doors. You, who has no idea what the players (remember them?) think and want. He's the weakest link because you decreed it. I'm hoping this all resonates with you. You, the guy with an unnatural negative obsession about a football coach. You, the guy who would have jumped ship yet again when Brennan, Kuharich, Devore, or Faust were leading the program.

And why is BK wrong for ND? Because you say so? You, the judge and jury. You, who has no idea what is going on behind closed doors. You, who has no idea what the players (remember them?) think and want. He's the weakest link because you decreed it. I'm hoping this all resonates with you. You, the guy with an unnatural negative obsession about a football coach. You, the guy who would have jumped ship yet again when Brennan, Kuharich, Devore, or Faust were leading the program.

Toby, you gotta admit after the Hurricane bowl, Kelly put doubts in fans who liked him or at least give him the benefit of the doubt. Like me they changed their minds on Kelly and believed he is not good for the program, That said, Kelly is the coach and we all want success. so even though I would prefer a realm change and the end of the 2016 season I recognize my fandom is tied to his success.

No one is happy with BK and everyone is wary of 2017. BK brought it on himself. Mistakes that were head scratchers. We all know that but only a few are obsessive about it and only a couple get personal about him and only one went after his great charity that he and his wife run. Regurgitating the same talking points to the point of nausea is obsessive, maybe disruptive to any potential recruits who might check in here, and just plain weird. Most of us are willing to let 2017 unfold and only then will we get any idea of what 2018 and beyond might look like. I believe that BK, his staff, and the players are working their collective butts off and I am willing to give them the benefit of any doubt and my respect to turn things around.

No one is happy with BK and everyone is wary of 2017. BK brought it on himself. Mistakes that were head scratchers. We all know that but only a few are obsessive about it and only a couple get personal about him and only one went after his great charity that he and his wife run. Regurgitating the same talking points to the point of nausea is obsessive, maybe disruptive to any potential recruits who might check in here, and just plain weird. Most of us are willing to let 2017 unfold and only then will we get any idea of what 2018 and beyond might look like. I believe that BK, his staff, and the players are working their collective butts off and I am willing to give them the benefit of any doubt and my respect to turn things around.
I think Brian Kelly was pretty clear recently in saying that he was not happy with himself as a coach. Just another factor that gives me a little more hope. I know it's only February, but dare I say, I'm already starting to get excited for the football season. Before I know it, despite my best efforts to the contrary, I'm going to be wishing the summer away.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT