ADVERTISEMENT

If Virginia Beats Clemson

Does the season prove that ND needs to make a contract change, join a conference, or something? An 11 win team In the Camping World Bowl is a problem no matter who it is, let alone that it’s Notre Dame.

Does the season prove that ND needs to make a contract change, join a conference, or something? An 11 win team In the Camping World Bowl is a problem no matter who it is, let alone that it’s Notre Dame.
We only have 10 wins. If we had 11 we’d be going to the Orange.

It doesn’t. Virginia would get the Orange, Clemson might still make the top 4 anyway and if not they would get an at large. We’d still go camping.
I doubt Clemson will make the CFP with a lost today. Clemson will head to the Orange Bowl. But Clemson is going to win big today.

I don't think ND needs to join a conference. If ND was deserving of making the CFP or a NY6 bowl game they would be in regardless of being in a conference or not. I wish now that ND had just stayed in the Big East for all sports and have a true independent football schedule. (UConn is going to be a true independent in football once they join back to the BE) The only benefit I see ND getting out of being in the ACC for football is some bowl game tie ins. But because of the ND brand, I doubt they even need that. I mean what bowl game wouldn't die for to get ND to come and play their game. ND is a cash cow.

I don't think ND needs to join a conference. If ND was deserving of making the CFP or a NY6 bowl game they would be in regardless of being in a conference or not. I wish now that ND had just stayed in the Big East for all sports and have a true independent football schedule. (UConn is going to be a true independent in football once they join back to the BE) The only benefit I see ND getting out of being in the ACC for football is some bowl game tie ins. But because of the ND brand, I doubt they even need that. I mean what bowl game wouldn't die for to get ND to come and play their game. ND is a cash cow.

I never liked the football aspect of the Big East arrangement and I think the ACC offers more attractive opponents in Clemson, Miami, and FSU. But it is interesting that most of the schools that fielded football teams have left the Big East anyway, so there is the possibility that ND could have had more scheduling freedom in football today if it remained connected to the Big East.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
How does that impact our bowl game?

Most likely Clemson goes to the Cotton and leaves us alone. If their ranking oddly drops off a cliff:

If the Orange Bowl gets a BUG10 team then the ACC replaces them in the Citrus Bowl. They would probably send Clemson to the Citrus and leave us Camping.

But the Orange gets the highest available between the SEC-BUG so I think it's a lock they get SEC#3 to play UVA, probably UGA if their defense keeps giving Burrow all day to throw.

Your missing the obvious ... its the conference tie ins that will keep us out of a NY6. without the tie ins, and with our 10 wins, we'd certainly be in the NY6, but because of tie ins, we'll be out

Your missing the obvious ... its the conference tie ins that will keep us out of a NY6. without the tie ins, and with our 10 wins, we'd certainly be in the NY6, but because of tie ins, we'll be out
Reread my post and you will see I wrote that.

Equally obvious, the bowl don't exist without conference tie ins.

Equally obvious, the bowl don't exist without conference tie ins.
You're obviously missing the point. That being if ND was in the ACC, we'd be in a NY6. Since we are not in a conference, because of tie ins, we will not be in a NY6. Pretty simple

I know that Clemson is a great team which plays a weak schedule but man are they hard to watch. Every game they blow someone else. Oh how I wish we ND fans had that problem.

The way Clemson is beating Virginia shows what separates the top tier teams from ND.

The ACC is a hot mess once you get past Clemson. But hey they always have basketball to fall back too.

This thread didn’t age well, not sure how anyone even thought UVA would compete with Clemson. Clemson will win it all again..

The way Clemson is beating Virginia shows what separates the top tier teams from ND.
.........and everyone else. There are three teams that are way better than the rest of CF.

Oklahoma will most likely get the fourth spot and they'll get killed in their semi-final.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT