ADVERTISEMENT

How often

Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
Will Tyler throw the ball this year, especially on fake or option reverses ?

Will Tyler throw the ball this year, especially on fake or option reverses ?
Wimbush didn’t throw the ball once as a rb or wr once he got benched for book

Tyler isn’t throwing a pass this year

Wimbush didn’t throw the ball once as a rb or wr once he got benched for book

Tyler isn’t throwing a pass this year
What odds are you giving on that.

Winbush wasn’t a very accurate passer at QB

Probably none. Unlikely to see the field unless it's in garbage time.
Why wouldn’t you take advantage of his arm when he’s running from that position ?

If I had a decent RB with a really good arm it would be coaching malfeasance not to have him pass on running option plays.

Why waste an asset?

Why wouldn’t you take advantage of his arm when he’s running from that position ?

If I had a decent RB with a really good arm it would be coaching malfeasance not to have him pass on running option plays.

Why waste an asset?
If he's in the game, everyone will be alert to a trick play.

He's not going to play any meaningful snaps this year

What odds are you giving on that.

Winbush wasn’t a very accurate passer at QB
That buchner does not throw a pass? Significant odds

Buchner is not accurate either. Worse thrower than wimbush

Bichner is NOT on a football scholarship. He’s not getting in

Reactions: Pennick4

Buchner was more accurate than Winbush !

Buchner is on the depth chart

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
If he's in the game, everyone will be alert to a trick play.

He's not going to play any meaningful snaps this year
No one referenced “meaningful snaps” except you !

“Meaningful snaps” wasn’t the topic of this thread !

So while everyone’s alert for a trick play ND will run a bread and butter play.

How significant ?

Why waste an asset?
How is he an asset ? He's now a WR buried on the depth chart.

How is he an asset ? He's now a WR buried on the depth chart.
He’s an asset because he’s a running back with by far the best arm of any running back,
kinda like Paul Hornung was for the Packers, he adds a dimensional threat not possessed by other running backs.

I thought you claimed that you were an expert on football ?

Your backyard football acumen is showing.
Are you willing to give significant odds that he will not be used to throw the ball this season?

Since you know so much about football you should have no problem giving me 100 to 1 odds.

$ 10 - $ 1,000

Let’s see if you’ll back up your arrogant position with cash ?

He’s an asset because he’s a running back with by far the best arm of any running back,
kinda like Paul Hornung was for the Packers, he adds a dimensional threat not possessed by other running backs.

You continue to make yourself look incredibly foolish. He is NOT a running back. He's a wide receiver buried at the bottom of the depth chart. Read more,post less. You're never too old to learn.

Are you willing to give significant odds that he will not be used to throw the ball this season?

Since you know so much about football you should have no problem giving me 100 to 1 odds.

$ 10 - $ 1,000

You pick the amount. He will not see the field other than mop up duty unless a dozen players at his position get injured and he's certainly not going to throw a pass. Just another in a long line of absurd,uneducated posts.

He's a WR

He's a WR
You’re probably not familiar with it, but there’s this play they call a reverse, look it up.

The point, which you missed, is that when you have an asset, you use it !

You pick the amount. He will not see the field other than mop up duty unless a dozen players at his position get injured and he's certainly not going to throw a pass. Just another in a long line of absurd,uneducated posts.
At 100 to 1, I’ll give you the courtesy of picking the amount, since the damage a loss would cause you is significant.

And the bet is as follows

If he doesn’t throw a pass in a game this entire season, including postseason, you win
And if he does, I win

Let me know how much you want to put on the line

You’re probably not familiar with it, but there’s this play they call a reverse, look it up.

Um, you are the poster who referred to Buchner as a running back more than once in a thread you started. You have zero credibility here and your mere presence reduces the cumulative IQ of all registered posters by at least 15 points.

At 100 to 1, I’ll give you the courtesy of picking the amount, since the damage a loss would cause you is significant.

And the bet is as follows

If he doesn’t throw a pass in a game this entire season, including postseason, you win
And if he does, I win

Let me know how much you want to put on the line
$1000 or the loser leaves the board,but he has to be lined up as a running back because that's what you insist he is.

Last edited:

You said he's a running back with by far the best arm of any running back. If it's a reverse, he's still lined up as a wr

It's just a stupid question to begin with.

Just totally irrelevant and pointless question

Reactions: echowaker
You said he's a running back with by far the best arm of any running back. If it's a reverse, he's still lined up as a wr

It's just a stupid question to begin with.

Just totally irrelevant and pointless question
On a reverse he becomes a running back !

We’ll see what the season produces !

No one referenced “meaningful snaps” except you !

“Meaningful snaps” wasn’t the topic of this thread !

So while everyone’s alert for a trick play ND will run a bread and butter play.
So you are saying that the snap doesn’t need to be meaningful, but it’s also coaching malfeasance to not utilize this asset?

Who is saying this is such an asset to have? Hes a very average D1 runner and a below average D1 passer. His recruiting rankings mean nothing as we’ve seen him compete at a D1 level. I would imagine he will be used in practice on the scout team.

This “asset” was given #26. I’m not trying to be rude to Tyler as I believe he’s a good kid, but his skill level won’t be useful this season in my opinion.

$1000 or the loser leaves the board,but he has to be lined up as a running back because that's what you insist he is.
You’re such a loser !

Nice attempt to try to weasel out of the bet, you know that they’re not going line him up as a running back if they’re going run a reverse, he’d be lined up as a WR

He becomes a running back once he gets the ball in the backfield

I thought that you were the self proclaimed expert on football, I guess not

So you are saying that the snap doesn’t need to be meaningful, but it’s also coaching malfeasance to not utilize this asset?

Who is saying this is such an asset to have? Hes a very average D1 runner and a below average D1 passer. His recruiting rankings mean nothing as we’ve seen him compete at a D1 level. I would imagine he will be used in practice on the scout team.

This “asset” was given #26. I’m not trying to be rude to Tyler as I believe he’s a good kid, but his skill level won’t be useful this season in my opinion.
Golson5’s reference to “meaningful” was a quantitative in nature, how can you not know that ?

How many wide receivers in college football have the quality arm that Buchner has ?
Probably zero, he probably has the best arm of any wide receiver in college football, so why wouldn’t you use that asset ?

In your opinion, what are the odds that he’ll throw a pass during game this season/postseason ?

I’ll be surprised if we don’t see Buchner used (rarely) as a runner from the receiver position in motion; and if successful early on, I would fully expect him to try a few passes from this scheme later in the season.

Golson5’s reference to “meaningful” was a quantitative in nature, how can you not know that ?

How many wide receivers in college football have the quality arm that Buchner has ?
Probably zero, he probably has the best arm of any wide receiver in college football, so why wouldn’t you use that asset ?

In your opinion, what are the odds that he’ll throw a pass during game this season/postseason ?
I’ll give it a 10% chance, and if it does happen, I’ll give it a 0% chance that it’s against a decent team with the score within 2 TD’s.

You’re such a loser !

Nice attempt to try to weasel out of the bet, you know that they’re not going line him up as a running back if they’re going run a reverse, he’d be lined up as a WR

He becomes a running back once he gets the ball in the backfield

I thought that you were the self proclaimed expert on football, I guess not
YOU referenced him as a RUNNING BACK did you not ? I'm not weaseling out of anything. You're 100% wrong about the position group of the player in question. You know, like you are about anything football related. Are you bound and determined to make this into another " pylon placement " thread ? That went well for you ....

I’ll be surprised if we don’t see Buchner used (rarely) as a runner from the receiver position in motion; and if successful early on, I would fully expect him to try a few passes from this scheme later in the season.
I'd be shocked if sees the field at all.

$ 10 - $ 1,000

100-1 odds he doesn’t throw a pass vs a ranked opponent this year

YOU referenced him as a RUNNING BACK did you not ? I'm not weaseling out of anything. You're 100% wrong about the position group of the player in question. You know, like you are about anything football related. Are you bound and determined to make this into another " pylon placement " thread ? That went well for you ....
Question for you: Is the ground that the pylon sits on deemed out-of-Bounds ?
If you removed the pylon, is the area that the pylon occupied, in-bounds or out-of-bounds.

When Buchner runs a reverse and gets the ball in the backfield, he becomes a running back. I would’ve thought that a self proclaimed expert such as yourself would’ve known that.

• Haha
100-1 odds he doesn’t throw a pass vs a ranked opponent this year
Oh, so now you want to be a weasel and insert the words “ranked opponent”

What if ND was down to a non-ranked opponent, then that play wouldn’t count ?

Give me 100 to 1 odds against him throwing a pass this season/postseason or go away !

Oh, so now you want to be a weasel and insert the words “ranked opponent”

What if ND was down to a non-ranked opponent, then that play wouldn’t count ?

Give me 100 to 1 odds against him throwing a pass this season/postseason or go away !
I’ll add any game second half while the game is within one score

I have some intelligence and there’s a chance, albeit slim they do something crazy bs say NIU when up 20 first half or 40 second half.

I’d rather come back here at the end of the season and laugh after nd has a great year and Buchner isn’t a part of it at all… not laugh at Buchner, but laugh at you thinking he’s in the plans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT